• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wigan Athletic OMT ***

we'll thump them 4-0 or something like that.
with goals from from midfield and defence that defies the strategy.

I imagine Ade will start on the bench if he is fit enough to be involved.

Lloris/Fridel, Dempsey/Sig and Naugton or Vertonghen at left back with the following Gallas/Caulker/Vertonghen at centre back seems to be the only close calls at the moment. Rest of the team more or less picks itself at the moment.

Hoping Lloris, Dempsey and Naughton are included. Want Vertonghen back as a centre half and would like to see him there alongside Caulker.

It is. We shouldnt have left ourselves i the position where Porto had us over a barrel with Moutinho, should have sorted it before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game not bleedin 31st Aug.
Really hope we learn our lesson out sort out deals in early Jan. One CM and another forward are crucial for us.

Maybe , just maybe, Falque could save us some money and we dont need to look for a back-up RW, for the time being at least

:ross:

Can we Please Please Please play the full 90 minutes and not turn up for only 60/70/80 minutes.

On some sites I inadvertently happened upon they advertised something called Power Horse XXL... It was not an energy drink.

Nice guy Martinez. After we beat them, I hope they do well.

ROBERTO MARTINEZ has warned Gareth Bale a move to Spain could be a backwards step.
Martinez rates the Spurs winger as one of the world’s best players and says he is unstoppable when he hits top form.
But the Spaniard said a move to Barcelona or Real Madrid may not suit him because he would no longer be the team’s “main man”.
Martinez’s Wigan face Tottenham at White Hart Lane today and the problem of containing Bale has dominated his thoughts.
He said: “A real compliment for him is people are talking about him signing for Real Madrid and Barcelona. Only a handful of players around the world carry that status and he is one.

“Look at his two performances for Wales against Scotland and Croatia and you could see he was a step ahead of the other 21 players on the pitch. That is quite a statement.
“But it’s hard to tell whether a move to Spain would help him improve.
“Sometimes going to a club we consider as bigger will be healthy. But if you take on a lesser role instead of being the main man it doesn’t work.
“It’s different if you are one of five or six key men, because maybe the team won’t play to your strengths. Certain players enjoy that responsibility of being the main man, and it can be difficult to have the same impact in a team that has three or four other world-class stars.

“Gareth is in a top team, and the way they rely on him is bringing the best out of him.”
Martinez has identified Bale’s ability to go up a gear, when you think he’s already flat out, as his greatest asset.
He added: “His biggest strength is that he can somehow change pace while he is sprinting. He can actually accelerate further, and that takes him away from defenders with ease. He’s unique in that respect. It’s what makes him so special, what lifts him to world-class.
“You have to try to stop the service to those players, because you can never really stop them playing. They are the players who make a difference.
“What we need to do is make sure his effect is not as important as the effect we have on the game as a team. We must be aware of him and share the responsibility of handling Bale “We will have to be at our best, but we have done it before. We know how to win at White Hart Lane.”

DEFOE ON WIGAN:

While memories of our 9-1 victory over Wigan in 2009 always stir when The Latics visit White Hart Lane, Jermain Defoe believes Saturday's match will be far from easy.

While the striker has fond memories of a fixture in which he scored five goals, he is not expecting a repeat performance at the weekend.

"It was a fantastic day. On a personal note, it was a dream come true. I'd love to do it again!" Jermain told Spurs TV.

"Winning a Premier League game 9-1 is not something many teams can do. Everybody played their part, not just the goalscorers.

"People might look at the fixture and think that because we beat them 9-1 a few years ago, every time we play Wigan it will be easy. That's not the case.

"I think they'll make it difficult for us. But with the way we're playing, and the confidence we have now, hopefully we can get the three points."

We are yet to score in the first half of a Premier League fixture at the Lane yet this season, and Jermain thinks it is crucial we get off to a quick start on Saturday.

"I think the first ten minutes will be important; the tempo has got to be be high and we've got to get off to a flying start.

"There have been a lot of games at White Hart Lane where we've been better in the second half than in the first, so I think it's important that we try and start well and get some goals."

We havent done too well against Wigan at home of late have we? did we lose last season or was that before?

Spurs have got a pretty good home record against Wigan...

P0079.png

interesting scorers in that list. i would take a fit Mido, Berbatov, Bent, even Pav right now. hell even jenas scored twice once

You're thinking of Mido at his best? Out of those players the only striker I would rather have than JD right now is Berba, and we're yet to see a match sharp Ade this season.

Bent? Pav? Mido? No thanks...

First game I've been free to watch in a while. Not sure how I feel about this one.

Would to see a bit of Falque today though, but would also really like to see either Dempsey/Siggurdsssssssson have a really good game as well.

Anybody else going up early to watch the scum game?

I will be in the bricklayers about noon, if you want to be ended

Back