• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs Wigan Athletic OMT ***

Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Verthongen, Naughton, Lennon, Sandro, Hudd, Bale, Defoe, Ade.

Other than Gallas for Naughton that would be my team. I don't think Wigan would cope with the quick, direct play that side would bring.

Can see Bale definitely getting 2, he seems to be getting into stride now and looking much more complete then before.

AVB ON WIGAN:

Wigan might currently occupy 15th place in the Premier League, but Andre Villas-Boas is well aware of The Latics' qualities.

Roberto Martinez's team looked certain to be relegated last season before an astonishing run of form saw them defeat Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Saudi Sportswashing Machine on their way to securing Premier League status for another campaign.

With that in mind, Andre told Spurs TV that there is no chance his players will start the match with any degree of complacency at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

"They are a team who are extremely well organised, they certainly play in a different style than the general pattern of the Premier League,' said the Head Coach on Thursday.

"Sometimes they don't achieve the results at the beginning of the season, but when they step up a gear they can put you in a difficult situation.

"It's not going to be an easy game. We're aware of what they can do, and the way that they turned events around for themselves last season is the best example you can give to our players to illustrate that."

After a week in which Arsenal recovered from 0-4 down to beat Reading 7-5, and Chelsea overcame Manchester United 5-4 at Stamford Bridge, the unpredictable and competitive nature of matches between Premier League clubs is more evident to Andre than ever.

"We had an 8-2 (Manchester United Vs Arsenal) last season and we just had some amazing results in the Capital One Cup. This is the Premier League, so we have to be ready for the unexpected."

Lloris, Walker, Caulker, Verthongen, Naughton, Lennon, Sandro, Hudd, Bale, Defoe, Ade.

I really want to see a 442 as well but I don't like the idea of Sandra Hudd in a 2 man CM in terms of creativity. Yeah we still have the counter attack option but if they sit back and try and show us inside there's just no Dembele/Modric to make things happen

That 442 is a long way from the central creativity of the Modric/VDV 4411/442 we had before.

But saying that Siggy and Dempsey aren't blowing anyone away with their creativity in VDVs role either lately so the above may well be worth a shot... in any case I hope we see Ade back playing.

Games like this I would like us to play 442 and would like AVB to be more fudgein adventurous and play 442. However I also see why he would play his usual formation - to get the players accustomed to that way of playing etc.

I aint saying Wigan are easy but theyre there for the taking

Wigan seem to have more message boards than fans. Some unhappiness over throwing the league cup tie against Bradford, not much else going on.

Whatever happens, please, please please please André, please pick Adebayor. From the start.

Would quite like to see Ade+Defoe against Wigan... lethal partnership at home and if we hit our stride early both of them could run riot. Otherwise, if we play 4-2-3-1, I'm not too fussed who plays in the hole as long as Ade is up front. I think Dempsey would be a very good foil to him, and I think this is a game in which Sigurdsson could excel. I somehow slept through the Norwich game, and didn't see us draw in Maribor, but Falqué must have done something good for people to suggest he should start!?

Or is are these people just disillusioned with Dempsey? Can't say I'm surprised at his performances, he has always been a pro at coming from deep/wide positions to enter the box late for tap-ins. He is no playmaker, he is more of a goal-getter who will make simpler passes to keep play moving before picking his moment to strike. Moreover he is a determined motherfvcker. Personally I think he has been a decent acquisition, and with Ade there to provide a platform for him, I think Dempsey would actually score a lot of goals for us without appearing particularly spectacular. He might not be VDV but he's good at what he does.

Last edited:
I'm sure Ade will be first on the team sheet if he ever gets himself match fit, from the glimpses I've seen I'd say he was nowhere near though.
I hope he plays tomorrow, but that's more to find out how far short he is rather than I think he's going to start pulling up trees.

this dembele injury is a typical spurs nightmare isnt it. our big summer signing and best midfielder goes on international duty and possibly out till christmas! think we will be busy again in the jan window.

this dembele injury is a typical spurs nightmare isnt it. our big summer signing and best midfielder goes on international duty and possibly out till christmas! think we will be busy again in the jan window.

It's absolutely crucial to sign another midfielder in January. Hopefully one another attacking player as well.

It's absolutely crucial to sign another midfielder in January. Hopefully one another attacking player as well.

It is. We shouldnt have left ourselves i the position where Porto had us over a barrel with Moutinho, should have sorted it before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game not bleedin 31st Aug.
Really hope we learn our lesson out sort out deals in early Jan. One CM and another forward are crucial for us.

Maybe , just maybe, Falque could save us some money and we dont need to look for a back-up RW, for the time being at least

It is. We shouldnt have left ourselves i the position where Porto had us over a barrel with Moutinho, should have sorted it before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game not bleedin 31st Aug.
Really hope we learn our lesson out sort out deals in early Jan. One CM and another forward are crucial for us.

Hahahahah no chance wait till jan 31st and we may save 2p

Back