• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs west sham united************

You get professional critics in most walks of life. It's a career in itself, not something to do in your retirement. They are educated to scrutinise, analyse and communicate.

Food critics aren't ex-chefs. Film critics aren't ex-actors. When NME was good it was written by people like Paul Morley, not Sting.

If you ever listen to the Guardian Football podcast, the people on that can elucidate on football far better than any ex-pros. That's what would be great - a bit of Guardian Football podcast on MOTD instead of incomprehensible cliché-rattling idiots.

That's because Film Directors or Chefs aren't forced to retire at 35.
The problem with british pundits is the football culture that has surrounded them. The last thing they want to do is show they are smart and not one one of the lads.
This is changing now.
And I'd take Neville, Scholes or Carragher any day over the likes of Iain Macintosh, Jacob Steinberg and Paul MacInnes who currently ruin every Guardian Football Weekly.

That's because Film Directors or Chefs aren't forced to retire at 35.
The problem with british pundits is the football culture that has surrounded them. The last thing they want to do is show they are smart and not one one of the lads.
This is changing now.
And I'd take Neville, Scholes or Carragher any day over the likes of Iain Macintosh, Jacob Steinberg and Paul MacInnes who currently ruin every Guardian Football Weekly.

I quite like those 3 of FW, it's that gooner bird and the Liverpool ****s I can't stand

You get professional critics in most walks of life. It's a career in itself, not something to do in your retirement. They are educated to scrutinise, analyse and communicate.

Food critics aren't ex-chefs. Film critics aren't ex-actors. When NME was good it was written by people like Paul Morley, not Sting.

If you ever listen to the Guardian Football podcast, the people on that can elucidate on football far better than any ex-pros. That's what would be great - a bit of Guardian Football podcast on MOTD instead of incomprehensible cliché-rattling idiots.

On the other hand, if Gordon Ramsey was giving a critique of another chefs food, you probably wouldnt dismiss what he says because you made yourself a nice sandwich the other day.

On the other hand, if Gordon Ramsey was giving a critique of another chefs food, you probably wouldnt dismiss what he says because you made yourself a nice sandwich the other day.
Gordon Ramsey can articulate an entire sentence.

Jamies Carragher and Redknapp can't pronounce the word sentence.

Great result and start for MoPo! =D>

Good to see that going down to ten men doesn't necessarily mean a caning (are you watching Tim?).

Great effort, great winner, great result!

Went to the game yesterday and my voice has just about recovered! The game itself was quite poor. A draw would have been a fair result really although could have been worse if it wasn't for that fantastic save from Hugo.

Unbelievable scenes in the away end when that goal went in!

Firstly hats off to the lads for pulling off the result. Watched the game and didn't look good for long periods.

Concerns from the game:

As I raised last week after the Schalke game, Eriksen not played on the left again. Was awesome for us there last season.

Lennon part of front 3, he has such a low goals to games ratio. How can this be right for a player in that much of an advanced position. I want a natural goal getter there. Like a Remy. I do love Lennon, but in a 442. Ps my wet spam friend said Lennon has the same attributes as Sterling and Walcott so why so fewer goals. He's right.

Central midfield - happy to persevere with Bentaleb.....but we need a controller in there, someone with ability to move it about and keep possession. Game came thru us in there for long periods. Also, is Sandro all done now? Dembele back soon?

Soldado - 3rd choice now? Europa man? WTF. If poch not keen lets get some cash in for him and strengthen.

Lamela - will have easier days but I'm slightly worried. Looks very easy to defend against due to being so one sided.

Brighter note, Townsend - much better, like him down the middle, asking questions of defenders, stinging shots from edge of box (sometimes over does it).

Well done lads - some good things to take away, loved seeing them jumping on each other after the goal. Meant a lot for them.

Looking forward to the World Cup crew returning, Dembele/Verts especially.

COYS

now after the initial elation, looking back at the game, i don't think it looked like we deserved the three points.
ignoring the fact that 10 vs 11 could mean nothing :

1. west ham missed a penalty
2. west ham missed many chances up front with the ball whizzing past 1-2 feet from goal
3. loris pulled off a remarkable point blank save with his single hand
4. we scored through the hole that was created by their red card
5. we scored in extra time
6. we scored through a debutant, a defender only 20 years of age and from a foreign league

still happy for the win, but there's a lot of work to do and i'm viewing the next games with a lot of apprehension.

now after the initial elation, looking back at the game, i don't think it looked like we deserved the three points.

2. west ham missed many chances up front with the ball whizzing past 1-2 feet from goal
6. we scored through a debutant, a defender only 20 years of age and from a foreign league

still happy for the win, but there's a lot of work to do and i'm viewing the next games with a lot of apprehension.

7. We scored

Agree there is lots to be done but can't see the relevance really of many of these e.g. 6 - a player scored - how is age or whether he has played for us before important? & 2 & 4 are sort of the same - we scored through the hole in their defence, they got lots of shots off target because they had an extra man. Also, our goalie made a couple of decent to great saves - doing his job then. And 5 - we scored before the final whistle. Most goals are.

Agreed. Its nice to win at the same time as realising we have lots of work ahead of us

Best football they've played in years apparently (which is probably true).

Tottenham getting a free walk up Green Street and onto Forest Gate without as much as a word said summed it up, we've gone soft...

Yeah but we had the last laugh as they all stopped in Papa's on Woodgrange Road.

We're closer to them in terms of first XI quality than we have been since 2002/3. The head to head results, and even yesterday's performance, tell us that.

I was surprised by Danny Diers comments about us being so direct. I didn't think we were at all.

He's been brainwashed by Pochettino in to thinking that sideways passing equals beautiful, when in reality it equals a snoozefest. Prat.

Going on that game I don't think we'll be too far behind your lot [Tottenham] come the end of the season if we get in another centre back.

Also looking back at our goal, i'm not sure enough has been made of the pass that set it up - that was a pass of real beauty, something eriksen would have been very proud of, and if it had been Rooney or some ohter chav, the pundits would have been creaming themselves over it.

Pass of the season so far :)

Yep great pass from Kane. He is a skilful player. If he had pace, he'd be a certainty for England and a £15m+ player already.

He's obviously adapted his game to get over his weaknesses as best he can, and if keeps playing and improving , we could have saved ourselves a fortune by getting a Prem class forward for nowt.

An interesting article here about the game

http://www.spursfanatic.com/spurs-r...m_campaign=Feed:+SpursFanatic+(Spurs+Fanatic)

However what is all this about 'the vertical pass'. I've been playing and following football for over well 50 years (just watching these days) and it used to be known as a forward pass, a through ball, whatever, or even heaven help us simpletons just a pass.

Is there any need for this new term, which I read quite often these days. I'm genuinely curious, I don't want to sound like Victor Meldrew, though I probably do, but is it a useful addition to the vocabulary of the game? When Dalgish used to play Rush in, did he know he was making a vertical pass, would it have made any difference, or maybe he wasn't making a vertical pass?

I think another point to remember. Saturday wasn't even our first choice eleven with Verts at least definitely coming back in when fit as would walker and possibly dembele.

There's a lot more to come from us but we need to step it up a against qpr this weekend. A couple of reinforcements would go awry either :)

Also looking back at our goal, i'm not sure enough has been made of the pass that set it up - that was a pass of real beauty, something eriksen would have been very proud of, and if it had been Rooney or some ohter chav, the pundits would have been creaming themselves over it.

Pass of the season so far :)
More than the pass (which was very good) I was impressed with the movement to lose his man and get the ball.

Back