• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea City OMT***

Sigurdsson like Chadli has joined a team with limited expectations and can cruise through some games and no one will notice, look good for the MotD highlights. I always thought Siggi slowed the game down and took too many touches. When players leave people sometimes only remember the good games and forget the rest.

Sigurdsson like Chadli has joined a team with limited expectations and can cruise through some games and no one will notice, look good for the MotD highlights. I always thought Siggi slowed the game down and took too many touches. When players leave people sometimes only remember the good games and forget the rest.

Exactly - Thank You!

Maybe not quite so cut and dry - but the ship has now sailed.

“When we arrived at Tottenham he was a player that was difficult to assess,” said Pochettino. “If you remember, the decision was when we were in Seattle, before playing the first friendly game.
“I remember he was in the starting XI to play that match and I had a call to say ‘ok, the agreement is done with Swansea’. It was difficult to assess him.
“In that moment we had 34 senior players and to take the decision, it was too difficult to assess because we did not have time enough.

“I think after he moved to Swansea and we saw his development at Swansea, he was a perfect player for us. But in that moment it was the club decision and his decision to move to Swansea and find another way.

“Every time we meet him and see him he shows his quality, not only as a player but like a man. All the people here talk very highly about him. It’s a shame but sometimes in football you never know what will happen in the future.
“There is no regret. When you find in the club 34 players it’s difficult to assess them all in the first few weeks, and when the club and player decide to move, there is nothing you can do about that.”

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...lling_perfect_sigurdsson_to_swansea_1_4801883

Well, that's encouraging if we ever decide to try bringing him back.

0-0 it is then.

Joking apart, I would like to think with a full weeks prep, we have been working on our corners and free-kicks (yes you Mr Eriksen)

mike-bassett.jpg

I don't know about that. Some of us forget how good certain players were. I watched the Spurs v Manure game from 1965/66 season, on BT yesterday, manure were the reigning champions. Score 5-1 to Spurs and it reminded me of how good Gilzean was, technically in the air, of course we all remember but right foot and left foot touch allied to his imagination.
I don't recall Siggi passing backwards to CBs or CM, he looked to go forward, get into the box, shoot and his free kicks and set plays were positive.
One thing I haven't forgotten is the number of crap games Eriksen has had, I grant you they are recent but fairly numerous. Siggi never got that tolerance.

I don't know about that. Some of us forget how good certain players were. I watched the Spurs v Manure game from 1965/66 season, on BT yesterday, manure were the reigning champions. Score 5-1 to Spurs and it reminded me of how good Gilzean was, technically in the air, of course we all remember but right foot and left foot touch allied to his imagination.
I don't recall Siggi passing backwards to CBs or CM, he looked to go forward, get into the box, shoot and his free kicks and set plays were positive.
One thing I haven't forgotten is the number of crap games Eriksen has had, I grant you they are recent but fairly numerous. Siggi never got that tolerance.
Siggi also never had the run of starts that Eriksen has had. I still think he'll come good for us.

FROM THE GUARDIAN:

"Bob Bradley has finally generated the momentum he has craved and his head may still be spinning, in a good way, after last Saturday’s 5-4 win over Crystal Palace – his first in charge of Swansea. He comes to London with his team still in the relegation places but with renewed belief and ready to confront opponents who have lost some fluency over the past two months. For Tottenham, this feels like a must-win. David Hytner"

If the Guardian are saying it feels like a must-win then it must be a must-win. We must win.

Find it hard to accept that we only have 1 win out of our last 10 matches. And that win was a very fortunate come-from-behind win over West Ham. Since beating ManCity, we have really gone out of form.We badly need to go on winning run to to stay in the top 4 race. We do have an excellent record against Swansea, winning 8 and drawing 2 of our last 10 league matches against them. Let's hope we don't get complacent and make use of all our chances to beat them.

I think Kane will be our key player in this match. We badly need him to score in this match to get a win. Just can't see who else can score for us. Kane didn't score against Swansea home or away last season but he did score against them in 2015. So, this will be a perfect match for him to get back his goal scoring form against them. Apart from Kane, we really cannot rely on anyone to get us the goals now. It is getting really tiring to hope Janssen will score his first goal from open play for us. Nothing seems to be going Janssen's way now. But it won't harm us if Janssen can come on and score somehow.

Our midfield have not been consistent this season due to suspensions, injury problems and poor forms. I think Wanyama and Dembele need more time to gel together as partners in midfield. Unfortunately, Dembele has been struggling with injuries since coming back from his 6 match ban. Wanyama has been too inconsistent as well, being brilliant in one match and error-prone in the next match. Similiarly the likes of Eriksen, Alli and Son have been poor in recent matches too. While Eriksen and Son have been inconsistent since joining us, can't help but worried about the form of Alli. He was brilliant last season but have been very poor this season despite scoring 3 league goals. Unfortunately, we really don't have anyone to replace Alli now. Wish Lamela is fit to play in this match as we have badly missed his creativity and tenacity in midfield.

Our defence have been struggling without the injured Alderweireld in recent matches. Wish Alderweireld can back in this match. If he doesn't, it is going to be another tense match with the error-prone Dier or Wimmer in defence. Let's hope Lloris and Vertonghen, can help us keep the clean sheet somehow. Lloris has been in brilliang form this season, despite conceding 2 goals against Chelsea. Just wish he can improve his kicks and show some leadership skills. Will be very annoyed if we cannot stop Swansea scoring especially our former player Sigurdsson.

After losing our unbeaten league record to Chelsea last week, we badly need a win to lift our morale. It is going to be a real test of character for the team having to recover from the disappointing defeat. Performance is not really important as long as we get the much needed win !

Any t/e/a/m n/e/w/s yet ?

Really wish we can play our best 11 for once ! We seem to be getting too many injury problems this season. Let's hope all our fit players will play to their best potential to get us back to winning ways !

Sorry but I don't buy this argument that comes out all the time about when someone isn't playing for us we remember them as being better than they actually are. Same as what some suggest in the Lamella thread. Believe it or not there are those that rated Sigurdsson highly when he was playing for Spurs, just as people do for Lamella when he's playing. It doesn't take for them not to be playing for some fans to appreciate their quality....

Sorry but I don't buy this argument that comes out all the time about when someone isn't playing for us we remember them as being better than they actually are. Same as what some suggest in the Lamella thread. Believe it or not there are those that rated Sigurdsson highly when he was playing for Spurs, just as people do for Lamella when he's playing. It doesn't take for them not to be playing for some fans to appreciate their quality....

I just don't see Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Woolwich or United waving wedges of money at Swansea to get him, much as some may have rated him he is a mid-table team player.

I just don't see Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, Woolwich or United waving wedges of money at Swansea to get him, much as some may have rated him he is a mid-table team player.
I don't care who rivals want to blow their money on, It's about what works well for our squad. Poch thinks he would have worked well here, that's good enough for me and I agree with him....

Back