• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea City OMT***

To be honest I would have said Sigurdsson was ahead of Erikssen but couldn't be bothered to suffer a backlash - I massively agree, he never had a run of games in his preferred position.....
I could never figure out his best position, but he still managed to score some super goals and is fantastic with a free kick.

To be honest I would have said Sigurdsson was ahead of Erikssen but couldn't be bothered to suffer a backlash - I massively agree, he never had a run of games in his preferred position.....
I know you were being polite.
However, we need to be more objective about people we discard for trivial prejudices then laud the incoming player only to realise they were not as good as the ones we let go. Then the cycle begins again.
We have brought in very good players as well of course but our judgment needs to be a bit better.

I could never figure out his best position, but he still managed to score some super goals and is fantastic with a free kick.
Pretty sure it's as the no.10. For us he played out wide on the left most of the times he got a game if I remember correctly. Even then he was in and out of the team....

I know you were being polite.
However, we need to be more objective about people we discard for trivial prejudices then laud the incoming player only to realise they were not as good as the ones we let go. Then the cycle begins again.
We have brought in very good players as well of course but our judgment needs to be a bit better.
Indeed but I must say our recruitment has been of a very good standard for a few seasons now in my opinion, of course you're going to get a few wrong along the way...

Siggy's performances for us are somewhat of a dim memory to me now already, but I do seem to recall he hit the posts a lot and a gentle zephyr could blow him over. He would have been a good squad player to have around but I'm sure he wouldn't have been happy sitting on the bench. Good but not good enough.

Evolution.
p1ij6.jpg

This is a game for the high press if there ever was one. Swansea to their credit at least try to play football on the grass and usually that plays into our hands (last season anyway). Also it looks like they've discovered Llorente strength's at last so we got gotta stop the crosses at source.

Last edited:
Siggy's performances for us are somewhat of a dim memory to me now already, but I do seem to recall he hit the posts a lot and a gentle zephyr could blow him over. He would have been a good squad player to have around but I'm sure he wouldn't have been happy sitting on the bench. Good but not good enough.

That goal against Hull, though.

I was watching that match at work pretending I wasn't. Got quite hard when he did that.

Ha, Eriksen form has dipped so much that we are now pining for Siggurgsson lol.
Fans and their memories:)

Put it this way, did Siggurdsson ever reach the heights for us that Eriksen has at his best?
Lat year the number of assists that Eriksen has was only bettered in the PL by Ozil (15).
The previous year Eriksen got 12 PL goals.
Has Siggurdsson ever reached those figures in a season for us or Swansea?

Put it this way, did Siggurdsson ever reach the heights for us that Eriksen has at his best?
Lat year the number of assists that Eriksen has was only bettered in the PL by Ozil (15).

Speaking for myself but I'd want him as a back up to Eriksen or to provide competition, not as a replacement

Edit: Also, just remembered that it was Poch who sold him, so it's unlikely he's interested in coming back - also, it's unlikely that Poch is interested in bringing him back.

Maybe not quite so cut and dry - but the ship has now sailed.

“When we arrived at Tottenham he was a player that was difficult to assess,” said Pochettino. “If you remember, the decision was when we were in Seattle, before playing the first friendly game.
“I remember he was in the starting XI to play that match and I had a call to say ‘ok, the agreement is done with Swansea’. It was difficult to assess him.
“In that moment we had 34 senior players and to take the decision, it was too difficult to assess because we did not have time enough.

“I think after he moved to Swansea and we saw his development at Swansea, he was a perfect player for us. But in that moment it was the club decision and his decision to move to Swansea and find another way.

“Every time we meet him and see him he shows his quality, not only as a player but like a man. All the people here talk very highly about him. It’s a shame but sometimes in football you never know what will happen in the future.
“There is no regret. When you find in the club 34 players it’s difficult to assess them all in the first few weeks, and when the club and player decide to move, there is nothing you can do about that.”

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/sport/foot...lling_perfect_sigurdsson_to_swansea_1_4801883

Shame we're facing them just as they're turning around their season. I have a feeling we'll be in for a tough game. Kind of a must win regardless though...

The one game where we can sit back and collect our usual 3 points against them. Nailed on 3pts, onto the next game and the important one at OT next week

Nothing to do with Eriksen, I never wanted Sigurdsson to leave when we had him and always felt he was underused.
Id suggest its a lot easier to get assists when Kane is your main striker as opposed to whoever Swanseas' striker is. Sigurdsson is the most like for like for Eriksen Ive seen - the way they strike a ball, their intelligence with link up play etc, their set pieces.

If Sigurdsson got the run of games in his favoured position at SPurs and free pass regardless of performances that Eriksen does then I don't think there would be much between them in terms of stats - and I am a big Eriksen fan.....

I would bench Dele and Son. I would risk playing the below

Lloris
Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Sissoko Eriksen Nkoudou
Kane

Subs - Vorm, Trippier, Wimmer, Winks, Onomah, Alli, Janssen

and yet Poch said he didn' have time to assess him when he just arrived, deal with Swansea was already done - regrets not having time, thinks he could have fit in to THE system. I liked Siggi, but Swans won't let him go now.

Back