• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs. Swansea City OMT***

Shame we're facing them just as they're turning around their season. I have a feeling we'll be in for a tough game. Kind of a must win regardless though...

There are no easy games in this division. The team need to start laying like every game is a cu final. Too many are playing like Jonny Big Bollox. We need to get the high press back for al games not just half an hour against Celscum. Poch must up the motivation quotient imo. Let's please see evidence of this against Swansea.

Sigurdsson has scored against Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Everton and Crystal Palace this season. Id suggest there isn't much between them in terms of productivity....

He played well for Swansea like that before he joined us. I like him he is a good player, but was too slow for the position he played and wasn't good enough to push out his competitors to play the position of no.10 or just behind the striker which he'd probably be best at.

Ultimately is better as a big fish in a small pond.

He played well for Swansea like that before he joined us. I like him he is a good player, but was too slow for the position he played and wasn't good enough to push out his competitors to play the position of no.10 or just behind the striker which he'd probably be best at.

Ultimately is better as a big fish in a small pond.
Im in half agreement about being better as a big fish in small pond (although Id argue most players would be) but I don't think he got a fair run of games in his preferred position to judge. As for being too slow, I don't agree with that at all. Its our full backs who provide the pace, I don't think he's slow in comparison to any of our players who play behind Kane except for Son.....

Im in half agreement about being better as a big fish in small pond (although Id argue most players would be) but I don't think he got a fair run of games in his preferred position to judge. As for being too slow, I don't agree with that at all. Its our full backs who provide the pace, I don't think he's slow in comparison to any of our players who play behind Kane except for Son.....

Slower than Alli surely?

EDIT - It is guaranteed he will score and assist from a cross for Llorente though isn't it?:mad:

Slower than Alli surely?
Maybe, but I don't think Alli is that quick. You was saying he's too slow, my point is our AM positions aren't built around pace and other than Son aren't particularly quick. They are more technically able on the ball, as is Sigurdsson....

Maybe, but I don't think Alli is that quick. You was saying he's too slow, my point is our AM positions aren't built around pace and other than Son aren't particularly quick. They are more technically able on the ball, as is Sigurdsson....
But far more stronger than him; as Jordinho said Siggy had good skills when when the going got tough he was even less up for 'battling' than Eriksen or even Chadli.

Totally makes sense that Poch let him go

He's slow, but mostly with his decision making. His dribbling skills aren't the best either, so gets crowded out too easily.

If Toby isn't ready then don't risk him

Lloris
Walker Dier Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dembélé
Son Alli Eriksen
Kane

This is a...MW. Do the basics well. Hopefully score a few. Get behind Poch. Sing his name loud.

We are finally getting close to that great side from last year.

If Toby is fit...

------------Lloris
Walker-Toby-Jan---Rose
-----Dier------Dembele---
Alli----Eriksen----Son
------------Kane---------

If no Toby...

-------------Lloris-------
Walker--Dier--JV---Rose
---Wanyama--Demb---
Alli----Eriksen----Son
------------Kane---------

3-0.

id be happy with resigning Sigurdsson tbh

I liked him a lot. There's an argument to be made for him being too immobile to work in a high-pressing side, but there's no doubting his work-rate, professionalism or technical ability - and he was, and remains, a good goalscorer.

Would deffo have him back. Not sure he'd want to come without a guaranteed first-team slot, though, which we won't be able to offer him.

Edit: Also, just remembered that it was Poch who sold him, so it's unlikely he's interested in coming back - also, it's unlikely that Poch is interested in bringing him back.

Last edited:
Sigurdsson has scored against Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Everton and Crystal Palace this season. Id suggest there isn't much between them in terms of productivity....
Nonsense, he is head and shoulders ahead of Eriksen this season.
Indeed, his presence in our squad would have pushed Eriksen on and given us an actually effective replacement.
We didn't give him a proper chance.

Nonsense, he is head and shoulders ahead of Eriksen this season.
Indeed, his presence in our squad would have pushed Eriksen on and given us an actually effective replacement.
We didn't give him a proper chance.
To be honest I would have said Sigurdsson was ahead of Erikssen but couldn't be bothered to suffer a backlash - I massively agree, he never had a run of games in his preferred position.....

Back