• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol OMT ***

Well, pretty easy weren't it? Better passing than usual. No injuries, Capoue my pick from the night. Llamela very promising.

So glad to see Llamela perform something like we knew he could, hopefully now his family are in UK he'll settle and we'll get to see lots more of that dazzling footwork =D>

Who is Tottenham's All Time highest scorer in European competitions?

Almost all of which have been in the Europa League against dross like tonight who would probably struggle in the Championship let alone the Premier League, flat track bully who should only be a squad player if we truly aspire to be regulars in the Top 4 and CL.

Last edited:
So glad to see Llamela perform something like we knew he could, hopefully now his family are in UK he'll settle and we'll get to see lots more of that dazzling footwork =D>

Almost all of which have been in the Europa League against dross like tonight who would probably struggle in the Championship let alone the Premier League, flat track bully who should only be a squad player if we truly aspire to be regulars in the Top 4 and CL.
Think that is kind of harsh...

Lamela was great tonight, his performance were nearly as half as good as they were at Roma and that's saying something and how good he will end up being, has to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine for me, no questions.

Seems like we're in a minority. Eriksen was bad in the first half, but has Holtby really been much better in the last 3 league games? Other than great work rate I don't see what he offers going forward. I'm not saying Eriksen hasn't had bad games but people are going way OTT about how bad they perceive his performances have been. Apparently he was crap against Chelsea despite setting up our only goal.

Eriksen has so much talent.....his problem is he seems to coast in games. easy to forget he is still 21 though

Lamela was great tonight, his performance were nearly as half as good as they were at Roma and that's saying something and how good he will end up being, has to start against Saudi Sportswashing Machine for me, no questions.

Should have been a chance weeks ago but after tonight surely Sunday will be his first league start?

I'd like to see him start whilst his confidence is high. Another home game would be good for him too imo. Him and Townsend swapping wings, with Sig coming from the bench if we need something different.

Eriksen has so much talent.....his problem is he seems to coast in games. easy to forget he is still 21 though

Yep I guess you could describe him as a luxury player at times, but I think we've got enough players in the team who run their ******** off that we can afford to have one or two who don't do the same.

Should have been a chance weeks ago but after tonight surely Sunday will be his first league start?

certainly deserves it, I mean we gave Defoe starts after performances in Europa, same with Holtby.. I mean you can't drop him after this performance, well I suppose it's not really dropping him but he should start, I mean he done more in todays game than Lennon has done this season, put Townsend on the left and have him and Lamela just cause havoc.

he looked up for it from the first minute, I had a feeling he would score tonight. The run for the pen was scintilating.

Id like to see him start too but i think AVB will play it safe and go with Townsend and Siggy in the wide positions

Yep I guess you could describe him as a luxury player at times, but I think we've got enough players in the team who run their ******** off that we can afford to have one or two who don't do the same.

For home games against sides who will sit back, I agree. For tough away games like Everton, I think the maximum workrate is necessary. Fergie often sent out such players to do a job for tough away days.

I'd like to see him start whilst his confidence is high. Another home game would be good for him too imo. Him and Townsend swapping wings, with Sig coming from the bench if we need something different.

yep i agree with that. Heres hoping

certainly deserves it, I mean we gave Defoe starts after performances in Europa, same with Holtby.. I mean you can't drop him after this performance, well I suppose it's not really dropping him but he should start, I mean he done more in todays game than Lennon has done this season, put Townsend on the left and have him and Lamela just cause havoc.

Agree Lennon hasn't done enough, surprised he walked straight back into the team considering Sig has done well this season also. The penny's finally dropped with me about Lennon, doesn't get enough goals and his end product isn't quite good enough.

Agree Lennon hasn't done enough, surprised he walked straight back into the team considering Sig has done well this season also. The penny's finally dropped with me about Lennon, doesn't get enough goals and his end product isn't quite good enough.

Siggy didnt deserve to be dropped but the fact he's now not in the line up in the league for me just puts Lamela ahead of him based on this performance, this is a performance that should cement Lamelas place in our starting eleven.

I still think Lennon is a good asset to have and I wouldn't sell him, I mean he's still a great replacement for Townsend. I mean look at all the past years we've been crying out for someone to replace Lennon when he's out injured, like for like in terms of pace etc, we can't simply do the same with Townsend now.

Siggy didnt deserve to be dropped but the fact he's now not in the line up in the league for me just puts Lamela ahead of him based on this performance, this is a performance that should cement Lamelas place in our starting eleven.

I still think Lennon is a good asset to have and I wouldn't sell him, I mean he's still a great replacement for Townsend. I mean look at all the past years we've been crying out for someone to replace Lennon when he's out injured, like for like in terms of pace etc, we can't simply do the same with Townsend now.

I wouldn't sell him either, but I think the days of Lennon being automatic first choice should be over tbh. Add in the fact that he's injury prone.

You think Chivers got his record playing against Barcelona, Milan etc?
Fact is like Soldado and Defoe he scored twice against Dinamo Tbilsi. Five of his goals came against Lyn Oslo.
Then there's Rapid Bucarest, Keflavik, Wolves, Grasshoppers and Lokomotiv Leipzig and some more.

He started one league match on the right flank, against Palace and he was our best player

It does not help when Lennon is being played on the left.

I would play Townsend on the left, and Lamela on the right.

I would male Lennon battle for a berth on the right flank, if not in the league there are Europa Cup, league Cup and FA Cup matches to play in

Back