• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs S.L. Benfica OMT ***

So? Which poor mug is doing the NLD OMT? :ross:

(Don't any of you mods dare make this the opening post of the OMT!)

Literally nothing to say about that performance. 1 maybe 2 shots on goal? One dimensional style of football. We are SO easy to defend against. The movement in the team is woeful. Lennon has forgotten how to run, and when he does, decides to walk at snails pace back! I'm not a Sherwood hater or whatever, in fact I agree with what he said about the players after Chelsea (although maybe not publically) but our players dont have the mentality to deal with the criticism. There was no positive response at all tonight, if anything it has just killed them even more. Lost the dressing room in my opinion. Hurry up August...

Literally nothing to say about that performance. 1 maybe 2 shots on goal? One dimensional style of football. We are SO easy to defend against. The movement in the team is woeful. Lennon has forgotten how to run, and when he does, decides to walk at snails pace back! I'm not a Sherwood hater or whatever, in fact I agree with what he said about the players after Chelsea (although maybe not publically) but our players dont have the mentality to deal with the criticism. There was no positive response at all tonight, if anything it has just killed them even more. Lost the dressing room in my opinion. Hurry up August...

I thought that Lennon was our best player tonight.

I thought that Lennon was our best player tonight.

Really? Wow. Suppose it shows how people see games differently! I just think he's offered absolutley nothing recently. Defensive work has been great no doubt, but attacking wise has offered very little or nothing!

The regression has been astonishing.

Either our squad has deteriorated dramatically, or our coaching. Or both. My view is option 3.

Which ever, it's hard to stomach, or watch.

Regretfully I agree. Tim has been dealt a **** hand but hasn't helped himself with some tactical and selection decisions.

Can't believe some of the hyperbole on here. Benfica were a better side than us all over the park, are high on confidence from 8 straight wins, looked fast and well drilled. We are suffering from a humongous injury list have no confidence coming off the Chelsea mauling and too many selected players in poor form.

Really, what did people expect?

Back from the lane GHod that was awful - we seemed pretty bright at the start until Benfica scored.

There were so many Benfica fans in the upper tier on the East stand -

hang on people are you suggesting that this diabolical performance was down to our players? from what i have been watching recently sherwood has no tactical ability whatsoever. 442 clearly wasnt working tonight yet he persisted with it. it was obvious we needed another player in the middle and what did playing two wingers achieve? sherwood is way out of his depth - can you people see his short comings? He has lost the players, they're not playing for him and his comments after the chelksea game would not have helped. That is no way to manage people

tumblr_lpfwreell71qg7suao1_500.gif

Honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. We are a mess.

Yes I ****in can. You go to spurs you ****in sing, you sing and you shout and you give every ounce you have. Everyone who has been in the last few years knows the support is ****.
When I can get a ticket, especially a epl ticket I am surrounded by people who think I'm a **** for singing unless I'm lucky enough to get a park lane lower ticket.
A lot of the support are ****s, welcome to middle class football. It's ****, and embarrases me when I take foreign friends to WHL.

This is the most pathetic post ever, fans have a choice! They do not need to sing and quite frankly the predicament we are in is not going to improve because the fans are singing is it?

I'm pleased you enjoy singing but don't judge others for choosing not to. Why do you not go more often? I go to all the games but do not sing much these days. Who is better you the singer or me the regular attender?

Well I've had a lovely evening. Went into town, had a few beers with one of my best mates, and then hit this amazing place which had live action comedy on big screens for a full 90 minutes. 11 performers for less than £100. Absolute magic. Got a bit tasty when a heckler made some sort of hand gesture to the compere but got sorted in the end.

Back