• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham Hotspur vs Ravist Chavs *******(U18) OMT

I watched it on Chelsea TV, of course the commentators were biased and many of us disappointed with result might be tempted to wonder if the Club actually coaches a weak mentality and a soft-underbelly from the Youth teams up, but that would be unfair.
If we had taken our chances in the first half then we would have won this. It was more about some luck in front of goal. Both teams seemed stronger going forward with some excellent play. They looked bigger than us, possibly older as we played a couple of younger lads. Both teams were shockingly weak defensively and of the 3 keepers on show over the two legs, only our young Aussie keeper who played in the first leg didn't drop a howler and looked the best. However, it has to be said they ' Managed' the game better than us, diving, feigning injury or cramp, kicking the ball away and the ref let them off.
Our heads dropped around half time, but we kept going and could have equalised at the end.
The players I liked were: Onomah, nearest to first team debut and if the senior players have already put their towels down on the deck chairs, then I would like to see him given a chance; Shayon Harrison looks like a goalscorer; as does the younger Kaziah Sterling, I liked his two-footed technique; Carter-Vickers will develop at CB and Walker -Peters + Amos have potential.
This team will be stronger next year due the younger players having experience.

I watched it on Chelsea TV, of course the commentators were biased and many of us disappointed with result might be tempted to wonder if the Club actually coaches a weak mentality and a soft-underbelly from the Youth teams up, but that would be unfair.
If we had taken our chances in the first half then we would have won this. It was more about some luck in front of goal. Both teams seemed stronger going forward with some excellent play. They looked bigger than us, possibly older as we played a couple of younger lads. Both teams were shockingly weak defensively and of the 3 keepers on show over the two legs, only our young Aussie keeper who played in the first leg didn't drop a howler and looked the best. However, it has to be said they ' Managed' the game better than us, diving, feigning injury or cramp, kicking the ball away and the ref let them off.
Our heads dropped around half time, but we kept going and could have equalised at the end.
The players I liked were: Onomah, nearest to first team debut and if the senior players have already put their towels down on the deck chairs, then I would like to see him given a chance; Shayon Harrison looks like a goalscorer; as does the younger Kaziah Sterling, I liked his two-footed technique; Carter-Vickers will develop at CB and Walker -Peters + Amos have potential.
This team will be stronger next year due the younger players having experience.
Thanks for the summary.

Sounds like the cynical gamesmanship the Chavs displayed in the Cup final is instilled at their club from a young age.

We had a good 500+ Yids in attendance (compared to the 15-20 they brought to the Lane for the first leg).
Sang for the whole 90 mins.
The 1882 fellas were top drawer as usual & it is obvious the Spurs kids really appreciate the support.
Sing for the shirt, win, lose or draw.
'You're welcome on our train
Youre welcome on our train,
Black, white or Yid.
Even with your Kid
You're welcome on our train'
Was probably my favourite chant of the night.

Did we perform that badly on the day? Sounds like we were pretty poor and severely lacking match savvy (3-0 up with a quarter of the tie to go and still lost!).

Back