• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham Hotspur vs Ravist Chavs *******(U18) OMT

The thing I will say last night (may have been the first time some of you have watched our youth/pro-youth matches) is how it is slightly different to analysing 1st team games.

For example Luke Amos was probably the most competent of our midfielders last night yet he is less likely to make it than say Onomah who was very in and out for me (when he plays well he takes the tinkle). Onomah is big, showed some lovely touches and vision at times and the coaching staff can coach tactical awareness, off the ball work etc etc but they can't coach Amos to grow 2-3 inches and fill out or to be able to produce those top class moments. Therefore when thinking who might make it, it is often better to look at the best moments in the game as opposed to who was the most capable on the night..... obviously that is if you watch just the one game!

Impressed with Walkers Peters (hope he can grow/fill out a bit) who I think has real potential and Carters-Vickers. I thought Amos and Walkes did well too. Tbh Chelsea dominated us for long periods but they appeared much more developed than our guys but we will catch up in that regard soon enough. Still anyones game.

I though the Vickers at the back, Amos and Onomah make one hell of a spine. I love the way they play like the first team never give up, fight for every thing as Marky the Silver fox said "We almost have our Tottenham back" ( i would go a little further and say we have got it back)

The thing I will say last night (may have been the first time some of you have watched our youth/pro-youth matches) is how it is slightly different to analysing 1st team games.

For example Luke Amos was probably the most competent of our midfielders last night yet he is less likely to make it than say Onomah who was very in and out for me (when he plays well he takes the tinkle). Onomah is big, showed some lovely touches and vision at times and the coaching staff can coach tactical awareness, off the ball work etc etc but they can't coach Amos to grow 2-3 inches and fill out or to be able to produce those top class moments. Therefore when thinking who might make it, it is often better to look at the best moments in the game as opposed to who was the most capable on the night..... obviously that is if you watch just the one game!

Impressed with Walkers Peters (hope he can grow/fill out a bit) who I think has real potential and Carters-Vickers. I thought Amos and Walkes did well too. Tbh Chelsea dominated us for long periods but they appeared much more developed than our guys but we will catch up in that regard soon enough. Still anyones game.

I think that depends a lot on the position/role the player plays.

If you look at Bentaleb breaking through one of his best assets has been his consistency and composure. The way he does the easy things well almost always. That's quite different to a winger or attacking midfielder like Onomah or Azzaoui who can try the high risk move and if it works once in a while that's fine.

Interestingly Bentaleb wasn't one of those that were frequently mentioned by people watching a lot of youth football from what I remember. Now he looks our greatest talent along with Harry Kane. I remember watching Bentaleb as a number 10 in one game, might have been against Barca in the NextGen. Wasn't particularly impressed.

Having watched more than one game I agree that Onomah looks one of the most likely to make it. He tries a lot of higher risk moves and so looks a bit in and out I think, but when he gets the ball to his feet he does the easy stuff well rather consistently.

Defensively we did well all around. Including the two deep midfielders. And the front 4 worked really hard too. Agree on Carter-Vikers and Walker-Peters standing out.

FA Youth Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg
Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur
Wednesday 18th March
Kick Off 7:00pmTickets for this fixture are priced at:

Adult £5.00
Junior U’18 £3.00
Senior Over 65 £3.00

Tickets are available in person from the Tottenham Hotspur Ticket Office or by calling
0344 844 0102(option 2).

Please note: No tickets will be available on the night so please purchase in advance.

Should be a good turn out.

Tickets selling fairly well.

We went into a 1-0 lead (3-0 on agg) at first then went down to 5-1 but we got a pen in the 80th min to make it an interesting last 8 mins

We went into a 1-0 lead (3-0 on agg) at first then went down to 5-1 but we got a pen in the 80th min to make it an interesting last 8 mins

Thanks for the update. Would be interested in the full time result and who played well.

It just shows how rotten the club are from top to bottom. I think we need to seriously look at replacing the entire youth structure at the club. We consistently show a lack of bottle in these games and shouldn't be losing these games with such a lead from the first leg. Also its ridiculous playing these kids at this stage, we really should have brought in some of the more experienced members of the the squad, i mean Ade can't even be bothered to play in a semi - Joke get him out he is a disgrace.

It just shows how rotten the club are from top to bottom. I think we need to seriously look at replacing the entire youth structure at the club. We consistently show a lack of bottle in these games and shouldn't be losing these games with such a lead from the first leg. Also its ridiculous playing these kids at this stage, we really should have brought in some of the more experienced members of the the squad, i mean Ade can't even be bothered to play in a semi - Joke get him out he is a disgrace.
Top post

Back