• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham Hotspur vs Ravist Chavs *******(U18) OMT

Were we playing on ITV4 or Chelsea TV? Such was the bias of the commentary I couldn't tell. Seems top 4 four bias extends even down to the youth levels.

Was thinking the same, it's like we're plucky upstarts. The sort of commentary you get with utd vs Cambridge or something?

Aside from the good football on show, I really liked the way ITV conducted the post match interviews. Both coaches standing side by side, happily talking about how the game went and what impressed them about both sets of players. I'd love to see such a thing happen at the senior level, but I think the level of emotion that goes in to each game makes it difficult for any coach to talk without any bias.

Enjoyed that!

The 2nd leg is scheduled as Wednesday 18 March 2015, but fixture dates and times may change, subject to TV selections and replays.

Thought I heard the commentators say something like whenever the 2nd leg may be. Any-one know for definite?

Enjoyed that!

The 2nd leg is scheduled as Wednesday 18 March 2015, but fixture dates and times may change, subject to TV selections and replays.

Thought I heard the commentators say something like whenever the 2nd leg may be. Any-one know for definite?

As far as I know its as you say its the 18th of March and I have not heard of any changes.

I posted this on the youth player thread without seeing this!!!

Really enjoyed watching that and I would guess that viewing numbers were probably fairly high for the match.

Good to see Bentaleb, Mason and Rose in the stands watching. Townsend was there too apparently.

Poch was there with his son. Was watching with fierce intent.

I thought the yuong RB Kyle Walker Peters was excellent as was the CB Carter-Vickers. The Cm AMOS was very busy.

Onomah really stood out, strong, great touch, fight, passing, defends and attacks, makes the game look easy at times. Looked by far the best player on the pitch.

Good finish from Sterling.

Azzaoui had an off day attacking but really did track and press really well.

Aside from the good football on show, I really liked the way ITV conducted the post match interviews. Both coaches standing side by side, happily talking about how the game went and what impressed them about both sets of players. I'd love to see such a thing happen at the senior level, but I think the level of emotion that goes in to each game makes it difficult for any coach to talk without any bias.
thats how interviews are conducted in Germany. Both managers side by side, looking at highlights of the game and commenting on them (sometimes even on tactical issues around each others teams). They answer, without question, a very direct line of questioning.

Well if it can work there then it could work here. I think Mourinho has a fair few enemies that wouldn't like to stand next to him though

A few managers that come across arrogant and roostery. I would not like to stand next to Mourinho, Allardyce, Monk, Pearson or Pardew.

A few managers that come across arrogant and roostery. I would not like to stand next to Mourinho, Allardyce, Monk, Pearson or Pardew.

Think their persona would evolve fairly quickly when they watched themselves bavk. Except for the rooster that is a Jose who lacks the self-awareness

It would never work over here as most managers would be too busy trying to blame the ref

Bit like House of Commons politics, isn't it? All Tweedledee and Tweedledum fighting over the toy and blaming each other without really addressing the proper issues.

Think by standing them up together they would have to have a more mature, reflective approach or end up appearing like school boys.

I like the idea. It would move the game on immensely if they had to defend their comments to the other manager live. Stop a lot of slanderous waffle and blame deflection

Agree with what you're saying however I wouldn't put monk in the same category as the others, he always comes across quite well to me.

Back