• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabag FK OMT****

I have a gimp suit and mask so any more of your lip and I will cage you mother fcuker.

I can not see it on itv or channel 5?

To clarify this is our last season at the lane as it is?

Sorry but what? Being the main man/saviour has mentally affected him?

If you look at his reaction after scoring our 2nd goal against Sheff Utd, his face was full of disgust and anger. He must have been disgusted by how he always have to be our saviour ! He had 10 goals and 4 assists in 29 games in all competitions until that match. Since then, he has 1 goal and 2 assists in 21 matches.

European football leaders have discussed the possibility of creating a third club competition.

Seems like an awful idea to be honest. The quality of teams in the EL is already questionable, let alone what it will be in this third competition of what are in essence teams who already failed. Besides, at this point the amount of teams that qualify for either the CL or EL is over the top, we need less teams in Europe, not more by adding a third competition. It takes away the magic if almost anyone can qualify for a European competition. Also... teams from smaller countries need to get a proper chance in the top-European competitions, not send off to a third competition for failures. That will only increase the gap between the big and small competitions.

What is wrong with the current set-up in my opinion is that the CL is actually such a good tournament, that it makes the EL look sh!t in comparison. Back in the day the Europacup 1 only consisted of the champions of each league, some times later they increased it to the first two in the league. This ensured that the Europacup 1 had the best teams in it, but at the same time other quality teams from their respective leagues missed out and went to the Europacup 2 or 3. So even those two cups still had great teams who participated. The problem we have now though is that most of the top-teams of the top-competitions are all in the CL, because the top 4 all qualify. The one or two decent teams who usually end up in fifth or sixth (Tottenham, Liverpool) thus miss out and that hurts big time. They are relegated to a inferior leafue, while almost all the top-teams are in the CL. Missing out was less of a problem back in the day, because entry into the Europacup 1 was very restrictive, so you were not the only quality team in your league to miss out, so it was less of a problem compared to the current situation. The financial power of the CL compared to the EL doesn't help either of course, nkr does this playing on Thursday every time.

Highlights packages - CL Wednesday (last night) majored on the non-UK teams, with snippets from 'our boys' & Woolwich Frogs.

EL tonight - ITV 22:40-00:00 (ITV+1 later by 1 hour)

Most of it bores me rigid, tbh, and the reason is the milking of it with all these dull, group-stage games just to sell more TV. I'd be happiest if it went back to all-knockout, random draw, with the European Cup exclusively for champions again. Not going to happen until the bubble properly bursts, I know.

Last edited:
BT have the exclusive rights to both the CL and the EL starting this season.

Prefer the Sky coverage but really rate the European Football Show on BT.

I'd shoot Michael Owen and our Glenn as in game pundits. Scholes is just pure comedy though!

If Velkjovic isnt involved this evening then he'd be forgiven for wondering why he's staying at Spurs. This season should really be the year when he starts to break through, or its a lot less likely that he'll make it. And with us having to play a CB as the DM, there should be opportunities for him if the manager rates him. However given we've had Carroll and Winks on teh bench together in some league games, two somewhat like for like players, rather than Carroll and Velkjovic who are more complementary, it wouldnt appear that he's high up Poch's list of young players he rates (whether thats fair or not)

Note: Just seen that Veljkovic played for the U-21s on Monday, whereas Onomah was left out, and he also doesnt have a squad number (yet).....

Highlights packages - CL Wednesday (last night) majored on the non-UK teams, with snippets from 'our boys' & Woolwich Frogs.

EL tonight - ITV 22:40-00:00 (ITV+1 later by 1 hour)

tumblr_inline_npwow0dbNl1rtngqy_500.gif

IT is crap and a bit of an own goal I think - I thought that UEFFA made it a must that some games would be free to view, and teams that are in that country. The competition will take a hit on a larger scale as many potential viewers will no longer watch.

http://sport.bt.com/sport-football/...nd-uefa-europa-league-matches-S11364002870161

all the British teams involved in continental combat – Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Manchester United, Celtic, Liverpool and Tottenham – will feature at least once on BT Sport Showcase during the season

We didn't look comfortable in Cup matches under Pochettino last season. Hope we will be much better this seaso, starting with this match against Qarabat in the EL. To do that, we have to take all the Cup matches seriously, regardless of our opponents. Qarabag may be an unknown team from Azerbaijan but unlike us, they are the domestic league Champions. So, we need to show them due respect. Hope we we will field a strong team against them.

Surely, Kane must play in this match to try to get his first goal for us this season. He badly needs to score now after only scoring 2 goals in his last 13 matches for us. After scoring 2 goals for England, will be disappointed if Kane fails to score in this match. We badly lack a consistent goal scorer now. So hope players like Chadli will step up and get a goal or two. Chadli wasted 2or 3 golden chances against Sunderland. He really needs to become more clinical in front of goal.

With Eriksen and Mason out injured, our options seems to be limited in midfield. Wants to see Dembele start if he is fit. Maybe Carrol can partner him. After the way he inspired us to beat Sunderland, Lamela deserves to start this match. Similiarly, Townsend too should start as he made a positive impact after coming on against Sunderland. Won't mind if Son gets to play a part in this match as well. Maybe Pritchard and Njie can play some part if they are available.

We seems to have good cover in defence. Maybe Fazio can start with either Vertonghen or Alderweireld. Not very sure about Wimmer as he has not played much for us so far. Regardless of who start in defence, it is important to avoid any mistakes and keep a clean sheet. After keeping 2 consecutive clean sheets in the league, it will be disappointing if we concede in this match. Will prefer Lloris to start in goal but won't mind If Vorm starts instead. Just hope he will be more alert in goal.

Wish we can win this match comfortably by getting a big win. But nowadays we struggle to even score goals, so not sure we can get a big win in this match. I guess, will be happy as long as we win this match with a convincing performance.

If Velkjovic isnt involved this evening then he'd be forgiven for wondering why he's staying at Spurs. This season should really be the year when he starts to break through, or its a lot less likely that he'll make it. And with us having to play a CB as the DM, there should be opportunities for him if the manager rates him. However given we've had Carroll and Winks on teh bench together in some league games, two somewhat like for like players, rather than Carroll and Velkjovic who are more complementary, it wouldnt appear that he's high up Poch's list of young players he rates (whether thats fair or not)

Note: Just seen that Veljkovic played for the U-21s on Monday, whereas Onomah was left out, and he also doesnt have a squad number (yet).....

He's only 19. Incredibly young for a CB/DM.

He needs a lower league loan where he'll get some proper game time. He's only played 6 matches in both his loan spells combined.

Back