• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** Tottenham Hotspur vs Qarabag FK OMT****

We should play our strongest possible team with very few deviations from the side that will play against Palace.

We are not playing with enough fluency so this should be considered another opportunity to put things right and secondly, whilst I wouldn't expect to be beaten by a side who were KO'd by Celtic, we need to pick up as many points as quickly as we can in Europa - when we play away to Qarabag 3 days before Chelsea in November is the time to start resting key players.

I'd probably play Trippier and Wimmer to give them a run out but them aside I'd go with:

Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Mason (if fit?), Townsend, Chadli, Son, Kane

Will be interesting to see if Kane or Dier play any part in this...two players who i believe we cannot afford to pick up any injuries given our games over the next fortnight..

Will be interesting to see if Kane or Dier play any part in this...two players who i believe we cannot afford to pick up any injuries given our games over the next fortnight..

I agree....would probably go

Vorm

Trippier Fazio Wimmer Davies

Carrol Alli

Son Lamela Townsend

Njie

Give those who impressed from the bench on Sunday a further chance to stake their claim for redemption, lets see a bit of Cameroon magic up front, Give the other cb's a game, if possible give Eriksen/Dembele 20 mins if ready.

We should play our strongest possible team with very few deviations from the side that will play against Palace.

We are not playing with enough fluency so this should be considered another opportunity to put things right and secondly, whilst I wouldn't expect to be beaten by a side who were KO'd by Celtic, we need to pick up as many points as quickly as we can in Europa - when we play away to Qarabag 3 days before Chel53a in November is the time to start resting key players.

I'd probably play Trippier and Wimmer to give them a run out but them aside I'd go with:

Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Dier, Mason (if fit?), Townsend, Chadli, Son, Kane

course after setting out the team above and then reading this afterwards....hmmmmm

I like the fibre of your fabric, the cut of your jib...and am now really undecided again as you make good points....

Will be interesting to see which way Poch goes although I think maybe some of the fringe players deserve a chance to play and put pressure on the first teamers.

who are we playing ? this is as bad as playing in the Intertoto, 4-0 or poch out

I think those who are nailed on to start are Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose, Carroll, Townsend and Lamela so then its a just a question of who Poch fits around them in CM and two attacking positions.

Given Dier is getting used to the DM role I wouldnt be surprised to see him start alongside Carroll; also expect to see Kane in order for him to try to get off the mark for us this season plus Pritchard for the 3rd of the three roles behind Kane.

Expect Njie to get 30-45 mins or so, with the ideal plan to bring him on for Kane with us two goals up

Hope Pochettino take this match seriously regardless of who our opponents are. Don't want us to make too many changes for this match. Besides, we have never looked convincing in Cup matches under Pochettino. Kane should make use of this match to score his first goal for us this season.

I think those who are nailed on to start are Vorm, Trippier, Fazio, Wimmer, Rose, Carroll, Townsend and Lamela so then its a just a question of who Poch fits around them in CM and two attacking positions.

Given Dier is getting used to the DM role I wouldnt be surprised to see him start alongside Carroll; also expect to see Kane in order for him to try to get off the mark for us this season plus Pritchard for the 3rd of the three roles behind Kane.

Expect Njie to get 30-45 mins or so, with the ideal plan to bring him on for Kane with us two goals up

I think that you could be right.

Hope Pochettino take this match seriously regardless of who our opponents are. Don't want us to make too many changes for this match. Besides, we have never looked convincing in Cup matches under Pochettino. Kane should make use of this match to score his first goal for us this season.

It's a miracle that we got to a cup final last year :rolleyes:

It's a miracle that we got to a cup final last year :rolleyes:

We were very fortunate to be in that Final. Somehow, we managed to avoid any big teams right until the Final. And it was Eriksen who single handedly rescued us against Sheff Utd in the semi final. It might have mentally affected Eriksen so much that he has never looked like the same player since then !

I wonder if Poch might throw in Veljkovic in in the Dier role?

Apparently he was subbed early in the recent U21s match and is the most natural fit in our squad for the position.

Back