• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT**********************

LLoris

Walker
Dawson
Vlad
Verts

Paulinho
Dembele (if Sandro is not fit)

Townsend
Holtby
Lennon

Soldado

We always have tricky matches against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. They are always unpredictable. This time they will come in high spirit after beating Chelsea last week. But atleast we have a good record against them at home in recent years. So, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot win this match. But to do that we have to find a goal or two from somewhere. It is disappointing that we are still struggling to score goals. It is embarassing to note that only the bottom 3 teams have scored less goals than us in the league. We really need to score more goals if we want to stay in the title race. Hope we will start doing that from this match.

Surely, Lamela needs to start this match. After spending 30m on him, it is disappointing we still have not started him in any league matches. I think he has proven his worth to us in his last 2 Cup matches. With us struggling for goals in the league, now we need to give him a chance in the league. Still not sure what to make of Soldado. He has got 4 league goals but 3 of them are from penalties. We still don't know if he will become a consistent goal scorer as he seldom get goal-scoring chances. Wish we can create more chances for Soldado. It is a pity we don't play Soldado and Defoe together. After becoming our record goal scorer in Europe, Defoe must be on high confidence. But disappointingly Defoe still has not scored a league goals this season. Hope he will come on and score in this match.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a decent midfield who can trouble any team when they are on form. It will be disappointing if Sandro is not fit as his presence in midfield will be more usefull than Dembele. Paulinho has been very poor lately. Hope he can create or score a goal in this match. I think one of Townsend, Lennon or Sigurdsson should be dropped to give way to Lamela. For all their dribbling skills and pace, I think Townsend and Lennon's end products are very poor to trouble the opponents. Don't think Townsend has done enough to start every league match. Atleast Sigurdsson comes up with a goal occasionally. Both Holtby and Eriksen have been very poor lately. But can see Holtby starting this match as he works hard more and makes less mistakes than Eriksen.

We have done well to keep many clean sheets this season. But as the West Ham debacle proved, we cannot afford to get complacent against anyone. Saudi Sportswashing Machine are capable of punishing us if we are not carefull in defence. Hope Lloris is fit to start this match after his head injury. If Rose is not fit, would prefer Vertonghen to start in this place, instead of the error-prone Naughton. Don't think Kaboul is still match fit yet, so I think Dawson and Chiriches will start in centre defence. Saudi Sportswashing Machine have a decent attack but will be disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet in this match.

We should be beating teams like Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home if we want to stay in the title race. With Chelsea dropping points, we have a good chance to go into 3rd place if we win. Want to see us put up a good performane and get a good win. Hope we will go into the international break with a win.

Last edited:
Lamela right with Townsend left for me if I could choose (same as in some previous games). Paulinho and Sandro in the centre if Sandro is fit, Capoue for Sandro if Sandro is out and Capoue is ready. Either Holtby or Eriksen is fine in the hole, Sig would be fine too.

Any official team news yet ?

Feel very nervous about this match, as always. Hope we can get an early goal in each half to settle us down. Want Lamela to start but if he doesn't, hope he will come on and make an impact. Will again accept a simple win but hope we will win comfortably.

apparently Lamela's brother Brian has tweeted that Erik wont be starting against Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Yeah it's worrying..since Arsenal game:

Win 2-0
Win 1-0
Draw
HOME LOSS

- - International break - -

Win 2-0
Win 1-0
Draw
ANOTHER HOME LOSS?????

Let's hope not!!!

wow, didnt know the pattern was even more precise

definite home loss today then!!!

Tottenham Hotspur's shirts for today...

BYsw3U0CYAALe7X.jpg:large

if he starts Lennon left then im gonna be disappointed.....really ineffectual out there.......prepared to eat my words if he plays there and has a blinder but can just not see it happening....

I'm seriously worried today for the following reasons:

Saudi Sportswashing Machine will come and sit back for at least the first half. They will cope easily with our slow tempo of play, our lack of creativity and soldado will be isolated up top as per usual. Saudi Sportswashing Machine will then wait for the atmosphere in the ground to drop and our fans to get frustrated before punishing us

Our problem is going into games with the mentality of not losing instead of trying to win games. We're always playing 2 defensive midfielders and our movement isn't good enough off the ball

Also, Holtby will play today which I don't agree with. He should be playing away from home cos his workrate is better and let Eriksen play at home cos he's more creative against teams trying to park the bus.

We need some entertaining football again, it's getting very predicable and boring to watch if I'm honest. I wish we would go 4-4-2 with lennon and townsend on the wings and give some proper service to soldado AND Defoe

I hope I'm wrong but AVB won't change his methods. COYS!!!

Maybe its time for the forgotten man Chadli. Not one mention for him yet, he barely even makes the bench now.

Pretty sure this will be the team as Sandro is out..

Lloris

Walker
Dawson
Chiriches
Vertonghen

Dembele
Paulinho

Townsend
Holtby
Siggy

Soldado

Siggy is far more effective than lennon playing off the left and gives us more people in the box. I'm fed up of seeing crosses going in and only little soldado in the box.

P.S. Vertonghen is our new Gareth Bale in terms of an awesome player that we'll struggle to keep hold of. It's only a matter of time before the media jump on the fact that he playing amazingly well at centre back or left back. The guy is a complete and utter class act.

Back