• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT**********************

Struggling to interpret these stats. It appears that Benjamin has invented something called a "shot assist" and says Lennon is excellent at these - although only creating an average of 2 of these per game! Hardly awe inspiring.

[video=youtube;dJkuBtTk-TA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJkuBtTk-TA[/video]

You sen Bale in the video, and how happy he looks, Especially when he is talking the free-kick early on. Those f#ckers at Real have a lot to answer for.

How quickly things can change. Still hurts

Struggling to interpret these stats. It appears that Benjamin has invented something called a "shot assist" and says Lennon is excellent at these - although only creating an average of 2 of these per game! Hardly awe inspiring.

Isn't shot assist the same as key pass?

Isn't shot assist the same as key pass?

No, because he has separated these out from crosses. So if a cross is a " key pass" it would not count as a "shot assist".

It would be interesting to know if a simple pass to Bale in our half before he sprints in, beats a couple of players and slots home, would count as a " shot assist".

The part of the dream I can remember is after the plane crash. Aaron Lennon is lying broken on the tarmac, being given the kiss of life by Clare Balding (or was it Steve Bruce?) Either way, this was no auspicious vision to be visited by and I think we are going to lose this to one or more breakaway goals.

------------Lloris
Walker---Chirches----Dawson-----Vertonghen
----------Paulinho-----Dembele
Townsend------Lamela----------Siggy
----------------Soldado

Would give me the most confidence of a spurs win. Well with the players that are fit.

Hate playing Vertonghen on the left as he should clearly be in the middle, but we need a left footed full back for siggy.

Caopue is just back from injury and sandro is injured so the two 'DM' positions pick themselves.

Hoping Lamela can ride the confidence from his midweek performance, and the most 'up for grabs' position for him to occupy in my mind in the central one. Townsend has played well on the right, siggy has played well on the left. Holtby and Eriksen have felt a bit lacking with the ball at their feet so why not stick the youngster there and see what he can do.

Edit: Maybe Holtby over Dembele, whilst he hasn't shown the creativity for the no10 role in my mind, he doesn't hold onto the ball too long, which would hopefully improve the speed of progression from the base of the midfield to the attacking trio.

Last edited:
Reference please.

I found the opts stats last season and they dispelled most of the myths about Lennon.
His passing and short low crosses and pull backs are very underrated.
Just because he isn't beckham, doesn't mean he cannot cross

Lennon's problem with crossing is that he doesn't have much variety, he has the cut back and the dink, he never puts his foot through the ball and whips one in.

the last two games right before an international break we lost

Arsanal
West Spam

make of that what you will

Saudi Sportswashing Machine to win 2-0...Remy hattrick

BYpJ5sfCcAActZD.jpg:large

Three points here will put us joint second with Liverpool. Fulham being absolutely turd today means we need an eight-goal win to overtake them.

Why was it not a 'must win' before today's results?

Our rivals have lost points today, if anything this game has become a much less 'must win game' in the context of this round of games.

Southampton and Liverpool scored impressive wins. We can't afford to let them get away. Also, need to keep the pressure up on the Chelscum, As well as Utd, Citty and of course The Arsnl.

If everyone had lost or drawn, a loss or draw for us would not have been a major setback.

Can't see Sandro starting this.

I'd start the two Brazilians in the middle. Dembele to come on second half. Dembele is quality but sometimes lacks speed of thought. Sandro recycles possession and passes more rapidly. Dembele needs to start scoring goals to cement his place. He has the ability, too often he looks like he needs a rocket up his ****!

As for the attacking 3 behind Soldado, we have more questions than answers. But it simply comes down to who can settle fastest, play with confidence, score and assist. Townsend has staked his claim. Lamela likewise. Erikson when he's ticking is awesome too. So I would be tempted to play the three of them, if AVB can get them in the right frame of mind and geed up.

I hope to see us move 'as a team' better. Too often players are isolated. As soon as we start getting closer to each other and running off each other things open up. But up till now there are too many hopeful/ desperate long through balls, or players in possession out wide with no quick overlap or player to hit a one-two with infield etc. When teams sit back, we need to get quick close interchanges to create chances. There were flashes against Sherrif but too often we lack options in possession and need to get closer. Soldado is crying out for close quick interplay - see the wonderful chelsea goal.

Last edited:
I would also be curious to see Adebayor play the no. 10 role with Erikson on the left and Lamela or Townsend to the right. I think Ade, Erikson and Soldado could hit it off big time. Fast feet, quick passing, with some added height.

Back