• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*******TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT**********************

We've lost both games before an international break this season. Thanks to KD's half arsed effort of an OMT, that will inevitably become 3 in 3. Poor show. :(

I've mentioned it so many times before when discussing differences between Lennon and Townsend. Townsend will never make a run off the ball beyond the full back. He'd rather receive the ball to feet and look to take on the his opposite number.

Lennon often relies on give and goes and his pace to get behind his opposition off the ball. He does it every time he plays. I'm not sure how you can disagree with that. All our other players, Lamela, Eriksen, Siggy, Holtby all like the ball to feet rather than making a run into space. Lennon might be ineffective right now but that's because we are not blessed with progressive passers in our team. Holtby, Eriksen and Siggy are a few players who are good at playing passes behind the opposition. Lennon is the one that's most likely to make the run without the ball to get on the end of it.

I think you are confusing the Lennon of last season with a rosé tinted view of him in his heyday. Otherwise, we are watching two totally different players. His lack of goals and assists is surely testament to his ineffectiveness.

I think you are confusing the Lennon of last season with a rosé tinted view of him in his heyday. Otherwise, we are watching two totally different players. His lack of goals and assists is surely testament to his ineffectiveness.

I think that I am right in saying that he had the most assists from crosses of any Premier League player in the first half of last season.

the home game against these lot last year was one of my favourite games of last season, for one reason, Gareth Bale. One of, if not the greatest performance i have ever seen individually from a Spurs player.

Reference please.

I was planning to. I'm my phone at the moment but i'll try to find it when i am on a computer later. It's entirely possible that I have misremembered it or dreamt the whole thing up but let's see.

Milo not posting his source, tut.

I don't have a source, it was a recollection. I will try to substantiate it later and if I can't, i'll withdraw it.

Quite different from copying and pasting from elsewhere and not acknowledging it.

Is it that simple? Or can we part attribute that to a lack of insicive passing from midfield in the last few seasons. even Bale had quiet spells as someone else pointed out recently on a thread before he scored a world class goal of his own making. Lennon relies on good passing to make the most of his attributes.

I used to rate Lennon highly, but can we honestly say he's improved that much over the years? I thought he would go on to be a world class player or borderline world class player, but you're right, he doesn't get enough goals. I wouldn't sell him, but I think the days of him being automatic first choice should be over.

I used to rate Lennon highly, but can we honestly say he's improved that much over the years? I thought he would go on to be a world class player or borderline world class player, but you're right, he doesn't get enough goals. I wouldn't sell him, but I think the days of him being automatic first choice should be over.

As did I. Very disappointed with him in recent times though. I think Sprsalot came up with the stat that he only even makes an assist every 300 minutes ie less than one every three games. Really poor for someone with his skill set. I wouldn't sell him though. He still has enough about him to be a useful impact sub against tiring opposition, but needs to prove himself again before he can be a first team regular.

Is it that simple? Or can we part attribute that to a lack of insicive passing from midfield in the last few seasons. even Bale had quiet spells as someone else pointed out recently on a thread before he scored a world class goal of his own making. Lennon relies on good passing to make the most of his attributes.

If Lennons running off the ball was as good as you think, then even a half decent ball into space would find him as his pace would do the rest. I don't think you can entirely blame the midfield for his inertness.

As did I. Very disappointed with him in recent times though. I think Sprsalot came up with the stat that he only even makes an assist every 300 minutes ie less than one every three games. Really poor for someone with his skill set. I wouldn't sell him though. He still has enough about him to be a useful impact sub against tiring opposition, but needs to prove himself again before he can be a first team regular.

Was 300 mintues per goal/assist in the 2012/2013 season.

(Was in Statto's tables)

--------------Lloris---------------
Walker Dawson Chiriches Verts
-------Sandro Paulinho---------
----Lennon Lamela Townsend
-------------Soldado------------

Once again,based on the Holtby/Eriksen/Holtby/Eriksen rotation then its Lewis Holtby and 10 others for the starting X1

Lloris
Walker-Dawson-Chiriches-Vertonghen
Paulinho - Sandro(if inj then Dembele)
Lamela-Holtby-Townsend
Soldado

Subs. Friedel,Kaboul,Capoue,Lennon,Sigurdsson,Defoe,Dembele(or Chadli)

1-0 Soldado pen 70

Back