• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

Nothing I've posted is as bad as that dreadful and horrible piece of **** you've churned out.

Hear, hear!

Don't know why he bothers being a Spurs fan. Thought we did very well getting back into the game in the second half and United looked the side hanging on for a draw at the end. A lot to build on there.

Watched the Southampton-Chelsea match, featuring our next opponent. Chelsea were dangerous in the first half, but sagged visibly as the game wore on and couldn't command the skill or strength to grind out a winner after Southampton went down to 10 men. I'm encouraged for our next game, especially after Ivanovic ended the game down with an injury. Nothing serious, I hope, but enough to put him out for a week or so.

It's a tough time of year to be playing with a short bench and I liked that Pochettino has changed up the squad through this tough spell. He's finally got a healthy squad and has coped admirably with a makeshift back four all season. A little health and continuity will go a long way toward making us a tougher team to beat and it will be interesting to see how Walker's return and Yedlin's arrival add pace to our overall attacking options. We've had virtually none from right back all season.

Pretty happy with the result, would like to think we can still be fresh for Chelsea.

Lloris is world class the best keeper in my 40 years watching Tottenham.

We done well over all considering where we are in our development. I can understand their being a little disappointment given that United looked knackered in that second half. Would have been an idea to introduce Dembele and Lamela a little earlier, but good subs imo. Dembele looked decent today. He was fresh and I think United would have struggled to have had to deal with fresh players in that second half.

They have some frightening players moving forwards and considering they are on a run of 8 unbeaten including 6 wins, a 0-0 is not a bad result at all. Keeps them within reachable distance and helps our own belief too. We also haven't beat these lot since 2001 at WHL so whilst it's disappointing we haven't ended that run still, it's not the end of the world.

It was a horrible watch realy. It was pretty obvious after just ten minutes that we were never going to score today (one of them days when you just "know"). It was simply a case of would we concede.

Yet again we were the worst of the two sides, like a huge majority of our games this season (even when we have won). Poch sitting there doing nothing for 80 minutes. Happy to take a point, that was clear. Subs far too late.

Vlad, Fazio, Chadli, Stambouli, Chirches and Townsend all poor. Kane easily man of the match, and good games for Hugo (as always), Davies, Mason and Eriksen.

It all feels a bit meh to be honest. We STILL look like it could easily be Poch's first match, you'd never know. I dont see any real progression at all.

Oh well, its a point and nice not to lose. Roll on Chelsea.

This suggests to me that you haven't been around for long - we had several horrible games last season. This was nowhere near any of those.

What was negative about bringing on attack minded midfielders? Pray tell me: Dembele and Lamela on for Townsend and Chadli, which pair are more attacking? Why not bring on Dembele for Stambouli and leave a second winger e.g. Townsend on? Unless of course you wanted an extra CM to congest the midfield area and create a stronger barrier.

How about using your third sub, as surely we could rest a player in these congested fixture zone, better still bring on a striker to exploit the tiring Manure players most had played two days ago. Any of these might have convinced me we were going for the kill. If you think this is positive then I will just have to disagree for me it is glossing over for the sake of it.

Dembele in the middle would've been skinned, Townsend was average at best today, Eriksen was getting into the game more and thus we had a chance to give him license from the left, Dembele plays better these days further forwards. It's easy to figure out. If he'd have done the Football Manager video game 'plug-a-designated-CM-for-a-CM' then he would be your average fan!!!!! glad he didn't, glad he isn't.

Some of the comments are remarkable.

Poch is the FIRST manager of course in ages to actually rotate a side so astutely in 48 hours. Would we have enjoyed more thrust with the likes of Walker and Rose? Of course! Nobby up top and Harry in the hole? Absolutely. But he did what he had to do to keep fresh and with Chelski coming up! Give the man some credit!

As for the performance, after a first-half where our defense bailed us out, I give full credit to the side for showing some proper ****ing balls, playing as hard as we got, not being a bunch of powder-puff ****ers crumbling and mewling all over the place and (for me) the far stronger side at the end who should've had a pen. Mason also missed what he will admit was a sitter!

The only player I could criticize today was Chadli, who was soft and work-shy. Andros wasn't great but he tried and tried and tried. No problem with that.

I think we are seeing the roots and anchor of a great squad here, and if we can back the manager with a few carefully-selected bits of expensive quality, then we will be onto something for quite some time.

Man of the match? Tough one...Lloris was his usual self, Kane was great but I am going to give it to Fazio for a really dominant performance which also saw some great attacking moves.

COYS

2nd half was acceptable but it's not like we created anything of real note, bar one chance. 1st half was pathetic. Utd are not a great side, woefully unbalanced but we see the red shirts and melt at their feet. Don't know why we had to wait until 15 minutes left to make a change either.

Can we have the sensible Rossi back please? I don't get it. Utd are THIRD in the league having beaten arsenal, liverpool and drawn with Chelsea. This is not some pub team that showed up today. Their un balanced squad has arguably better players in it currently than on the last 2 occasions when we won. Hhow good do you think our squad actually is ? Are we the third best squad in the league? What I saw was that Man Utd bossed the 1st half but we still had a couple of chances. Townsend's delightful chip to Kane sprung to mind. We bossed second half creating a number of chances and should have had a pen. I cannot see what there is to complain about today.

People also need to remember the average age of our side...off the top of my head I'm going to guess it was 22 today.

Dembele in the middle would've been skinned, Townsend was average at best today, Eriksen was getting into the game more and thus we had a chance to give him license from the left, Dembele plays better these days further forwards. It's easy to figure out. If he'd have done the Football Manager video game 'plug-a-designated-CM-for-a-CM' then he would be your average fan!!!!! glad he didn't, glad he isn't.

Some of the comments are remarkable.

Poch is the FIRST manager of course in ages to actually rotate a side so astutely in 48 hours. Would we have enjoyed more thrust with the likes of Walker and Rose? Of course! Nobby up top and Harry in the hole? Absolutely. But he did what he had to do to keep fresh and with Chelski coming up! Give the man some credit!

As for the performance, after a first-half where our defense bailed us out, I give full credit to the side for showing some proper ****ing balls, playing as hard as we got, not being a bunch of powder-puff ****ers crumbling and mewling all over the place and (for me) the far stronger side at the end who should've had a pen. Mason also missed what he will admit was a sitter!

The only player I could criticize today was Chadli, who was soft and work-shy. Andros wasn't great but he tried and tried and tried. No problem with that.

I think we are seeing the roots and anchor of a great squad here, and if we can back the manager with a few carefully-selected bits of expensive quality, then we will be onto something for quite some time.

Man of the match? Tough one...Lloris was his usual self, Kane was great but I am going to give it to Fazio for a really dominant performance which also saw some great attacking moves.

COYS
Dembele is better these days from AM? When was this? How many games has he changed from that position exactly?
When was the last time Dembele was skinned from DM?
Credit us with trying to be able to see the evidence for ourselves instead of seeing Rose tinted bull****.

Dembele is better these days from AM? When was this? How many games has he changed from that position exactly?
Credit us with trying to be able to see the evidence for ourselves instead of seeing Rose tinted bull****.

I Don't believe dembele is an effective defensive midfielder. He is not a great tackler and his passing is not good enough so invariably he carries the ball out from defence and loses it in dangerous positions. IMO his best position is behind the striker where he wins the balls high up the pitch and either carries it and has a great shot or passes more quickly. He started off as a striker and to my knowledge has only been shoehorned into a defensive midfield role at Spurs because we had so few options and he works hard and is strong. To my mind dembele as a defensive midfielder is a complete waste of a very good player.

I don't remember Steff arguing that Dembele had changed games from AM recently but that is where Loch is using him now and it is normally to take a bit of pressure off of the team. It seems to be working too.

And is there any need to post in such a hostile and dismissive manner?

First-off, it's an opinion. Not 'rose-tinted bull****' so behave! I love a good debate, discussion and counter-opinion, but insults? Nah. No need.

Now for the counter-point. Dembele in the middle is a total, and utter, liability these days. Too slow. Holds onto the ball too long. Gets stripped of it and loses possession. Slows the game down too much. I don't have the time to pick out the occasions this season where attacks have ground to a halt due to Dembele slowing it down too much when in possession, but what I will point out (in defense of my 'rose tinted bull****') is that Dembele hasn't been first-choice in CM for some time, never under Pochettino and he wasn't deployed there today when he came on as sub.

So if it is 'rose tinted bull****' it appears to be the sort of 'rose tinted bull****' which Pochettino and his staff are also seeing.

I am using my eyes, and offering my opinion, that the only way he survives in this squad come the summer is if he continues to fulfill a role in the squad either in cup competitions or playing higher up the pitch in important games off the bench.

I don't remember Steff arguing that Dembele had changed games from AM recently but that is where Loch is using him now and it is normally to take a bit of pressure off of the team. It seems to be working too.

Because mate that is his best position and where he has played for other clubs. Poch being the very good coach that he is has seen this early on and moved dembele back into his more natural position IMO.

Because mate that is his best position and where he has played for other clubs. Poch being the very good coach that he is has seen this early on and moved dembele back into his more natural position IMO.
I know and agree.

To be fair to Dembele he was good in CM at Fulham under Jol and in AVB's first season for us alongside Sandro but he is completely unsuited to playing there for Loch because he holds onto the ball too long.

Back