• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

De Gea had the sun in his eyes for the whole of the first half, and we barely tested him. Cheap concession of possession through unforced errors was a problem yet again, and we were far too easily beaten by the simple diagonal crossfield ball to Young or a textbook ball over the top. We got lucky in more than one goalmouth scramble as a result, and Lloris saved our bacon the rest of the time. Still a lot of work to do, but I can't fault the level of heart and effort today.

Criticising anything else is just unreasonable, imo. We ground out a hard-fought, entirely deserved point less than 48 hours after a nervy, shaky win at Leicester. That's a great return in my book.

We looked a worse team then Leicester who are rock bottom of the league. Them missing a host of chances does not equal a good win in my book.

We looked so impotent up front today and Poch did nothing to change it. He was happy for a point from the first minute. We needed 3 points today ahead of the inevitable drubbing by Chelsea and Poch just didnt want to know.

Surprised to see so much negativity in this thread. United are a good side with great players, in great form. We were poor in the first half and things needed to change, which they did. I thought we were much the better team in the second half and Mason had the best chance to win it.

We aren't going to win every game in this league sweeping the opposition by. Some games will be like this. But there are certainly positives to be seen.

We looked a worse team then Leicester who are rock bottom of the league. Them missing a host of chances does not equal a good win in my book.

We looked so impotent up front today and Poch did nothing to change it. He was happy for a point from the first minute. We needed 3 points today ahead of the inevitable drubbing by Chelsea and Poch just didnt want to know.

No team has a ten out of ten performance every match, the successful teams find a way of winning even when they are not playing well. Seeming as most people accepted that this was a transitional season and that it would take a while for the players to get used to how Poch wants us to play and for Poch to work out his best team, we are actually doing a little better than we could have expected.

What was negative about bringing on attack minded midfielders? Pray tell me: Dembele and Lamela on for Townsend and Chadli, which pair are more attacking? Why not bring on Dembele for Stambouli and leave a second winger e.g. Townsend on? Unless of course you wanted an extra CM to congest the midfield area and create a stronger barrier.

How about using your third sub, as surely we could rest a player in these congested fixture zone, better still bring on a striker to exploit the tiring Manure players most had played two days ago. Any of these might have convinced me we were going for the kill. If you think this is positive then I will just have to disagree for me it is glossing over for the sake of it.

Agree 100%. But the truth is, we could have lost 5-0 today and certain people would still reel out ex-cuses to suit their own agenda.

Last edited:
What did we/manure do differently in the second half to so decidedly change the rhythm of the game? Fitness, tactics?

I think we shifted our pressure line a bit higher as their defenders started to tire. Van Gaal made a couple of subs to try and neutralise it but we were definitely winning the ball more often in their half.

What did we/manure do differently in the second half to so decidedly change the rhythm of the game? Fitness, tactics?

we carried on playing while man us players started to slow down. falcao rooney van P - all looking like they are dragging themselves across the pitch making fazio verts and chirches look fast. Davies looked like speedy gonzales back there snuffing out every attack.

De Gea had the sun in his eyes for the whole of the first half, and we barely tested him. Cheap concession of possession through unforced errors was a problem yet again, and we were far too easily beaten by the simple diagonal crossfield ball to Young or a textbook ball over the top. We got lucky in more than one goalmouth scramble as a result, and Lloris saved our bacon the rest of the time. Still a lot of work to do, but I can't fault the level of heart and effort today.

Eriksen had a "gilt edged chance" with the free kick but shot it low. i thought he would've been smarter than that.

Lots of negativity, which appears to be becoming a running theme on these boards sadly. I haven't seem the game yet so can't comment on the specific performance, but a draw against a free-scoring United side at the back end of the late December fixtures is hardly a disaster. It keeps our unbeaten run alive as we head into the Chelsea game and adds to what has been a pretty healthy points haul over the Christmas fixtures. We haven't been brilliant in every game but we are picking up points, our younger players are coming along nicely, lloris has turned into an absolute monster of a keeper for us and there appears to be a decent partnership forming in the centre of our defence between Jan and Faz. All told, I would suggest there are good grounds for optimism as we venture into 2015. Now, it may be the case that the wheels will eventually will come off (or our 'luck will run out) as some are predicting, but we could least wait until they do until we go full doomtards. Any way, happy new year you miserable lot.

Lots of negativity, which appears to be becoming a running theme on these boards sadly. I haven't seem the game yet so can't comment on the specific performance, but a draw against a free-scoring United side at the back end of the late December fixtures is hardly a disaster. It keeps our unbeaten run alive as we head into the Chelsea game and adds to what has been a pretty healthy points haul over the Christmas fixtures. We haven't been brilliant in every game but we are picking up points, our younger players are coming along nicely, lloris has turned into an absolute monster of a keeper for us and there appears to be a decent partnership forming in the centre of our defence between Jan and Faz. All told, I would suggest there are good grounds for optimism as we venture into 2015. Now, it may be the case that the wheels will eventually will come off (or our 'luck will run out) as some are predicting, but we could least wait until they do until we go full doomtards. Any way, happy new year you miserable lot.

We are on our way forward, lots of good points for me from today, looked like a team and played like one, Happy New Year!

average age of our defence = 25.6 years
average age of our midfield and attack = 23 years.

youth played a bit part in today's game.

[emoji106]

Scary 1st half where we rode our luck bigtime, 2nd half ai felt we were by a long way the better side, fantastic energy levels all around

The referee was very bad, couldve sent off 2 United players for 2nd yellow but he massively bottled it and as for Rooney manhandling Kane in the box well if that isnt a penalty then what is

Really enjoyed the Lane today the atmosphere was very good with good support the whole way through apart from the mutes in the North Stand as usual

I actually really enjoyed the game today, some good play by both teams, an outstanding save by Loris, and the chance for Mason to win it at the end.

Despite my fears that we would get tonked today I thought that for a relatively young team we did well.

Didn't generally make any really stupid mistakes and can hold our heads high. Onwards and upwards

You're over estimating the atmosphere, I sat in Park Lane last home game and it sounded like there was lots of singing. In fact it was around 10 people near me who were not even watching the game as it happens.

Most the what happens over that side cannot be heard in the North stand - I was singing today but I don't you heard me over there!

Back