• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

What the **** is Hargreaves/Jon Snow on? Stating that Rooney didn't get enough contact, on Harry Kane, for it to be a penalty??!!

So, in spite of Rooney having his arms all over Kane, and pulling him on to the floor.. that wasn't enough contact?!

You know nothing Jon Snow!

no he didnt - his positioning was terrible at times, and he showed a complete lack of desire to get back into position when attacking movesw broke down - hence Lloris berating him. But i suppose you didn't spot Man U players queuing at the back post in an area completely full back free?

as for the other thing, there is no two ways about it, he is nothing like as good as he is made out to be on the ball, nothing like. Ben Davies passing is far more crisp and precise, yet this is supposed to be vlad's strength and saving grace.

if you think he handled young brilliantly then you must have missed the first half as young constantly tore into us. he was utd's most influential player!

The way you single Chiriches out in match thread anytime he makes a mistake yet don't with other players is embarrassing. Chiriches was fine, and also made a goal saving clearance...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Utd werre there for the taking but we played like little bitches. Oh well.

Agree. We didn't have the winning mentality or the belief we could really take advantage of their weak defence or fatigue.
Poch's subs were negative and too late. Seemed to be happy with a draw unfortunately Eriksen couldn't get a goal.

Opportunity missed.

Agree. We didn't have the winning mentality or the belief we could really take advantage of their weak defence or fatigue.
Poch's subs were negative and too late. Seemed to be happy with a draw unfortunately Eriksen couldn't get a goal.

Opportunity missed.

What was negative about bringing on attack minder midfielders? We didn't have the belief? This is a team that in the past month has scored more later winners then any team in the country, belief is what they have. Desire is what they have.

We didn't have any chances. That's not down to belief, that's down to our best players unfortunately not being able to do enough with the ball. It's a real shame we didn't have Lennon starting really.

The way you single Chiriches out in match thread anytime he makes a mistake yet don't with other players is embarrassing. Chiriches was fine, and also made a goal saving clearance...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

the goal saving clearance came after he had initially played the man onside, lagging about 2 yards behind the rest of the defence.

am i allowed to give my opinion on a players performance or not?

Chiriches was great. let me knw what i have to think about the other players and i'll regurgitate your opinions there to if it'll make you happy.

If there's a legitimate criticism to be made of that display, it's that we didn't do enough with the ball when we did get it. Kane aside, few of the players seemed to see chances developing, and preferred to react to the play instead of changing it directly. Eriksen usually is good for at least one world-beating pass a game, but he was marked out of the game by Carrick.

Criticising anything else is just unreasonable, imo. We ground out a hard-fought, entirely deserved point less than 48 hours after a nervy, shaky win at Leicester. That's a great return in my book.

It was a horrible watch realy. It was pretty obvious after just ten minutes that we were never going to score today (one of them days when you just "know"). It was simply a case of would we concede.

Yet again we were the worst of the two sides, like a huge majority of our games this season (even when we have won). Poch sitting there doing nothing for 80 minutes. Happy to take a point, that was clear. Subs far too late.

Vlad, Fazio, Chadli, Stambouli, Chirches and Townsend all poor. Kane easily man of the match, and good games for Hugo (as always), Davies, Mason and Eriksen.

It all feels a bit meh to be honest. We STILL look like it could easily be Poch's first match, you'd never know. I dont see any real progression at all.

Oh well, its a point and nice not to lose. Roll on Chelsea.

It was a horrible watch realy. It was pretty obvious after just ten minutes that we were never going to score today (one of them days when you just "know"). It was simply a case of would we concede.

Yet again we were the worst of the two sides, like a huge majority of our games this season (even when we have won). Poch sitting there doing nothing for 80 minutes. Happy to take a point, that was clear. Subs far too late.

Vlad, Fazio, Chadli, Stambouli, Chirches and Townsend all poor. Kane easily man of the match, and good games for Hugo (as always), Davies, Mason and Eriksen.

It all feels a bit meh to be honest. We STILL look like it could easily be Poch's first match, you'd never know. I dont see any real progression at all.

Contender for worst post of the year.

Good second half. Good tactical awareness, excellent pressing, shut United down completely. Point well deserved in the end, and four points from the Christmas fixtures heading into the Chelsea game is an excellent return. :D

Agree with this, although the second half could have been moot if Utd had taken their chances before halftime. I said before the three fixtures that I would take four points. Very important not to lose today.Now anything against Chelscum is a bonus. Happy new year to one and all. COYS

WWWWD. Our last five games.

Great to see.
And our longest unbeaten run against ManU since the PL was formed.

@OptaJoe: 5 - Tottenham are now unbeaten in five PL games vs Man Utd, only the third team (after Liverpool 00-02 & Blackburn 04-06) to do this. Graft.

Hopefully someone usurp Korsten as being the last Spurs player to score a winning goal at home to them before we move to the new stadium!

@Squawka: Spurs haven't beaten Manchester United at home in the Premier League since May 2001 - a run of 4971 days.

Comedian \o/

I'll take the point.

Defensively superb. Davies is great, Vertonghen was good but my GHod Fazio was unreal, wins every header, reads the game well, I love how he opts to play out of defence over mindlessly hoofing the ball clear.

Stambouli improved second half, looked more disciplined, mostly down to him being on a yellow I'd imagine. Mason very unlucky with his chance, spread the ball well in the second half, our central midfield improved for whatever reason in the second.

Chadli and Townsend weren't at their best but hey, they're there for the team. Kane was brilliant, worked hard, showed strength, fight and that he's very technically gifted.

All in all a good point. On paper man utd should be winning that but we were by far the better team in the second half. A shame we couldn't test de Gea a bit more. But roll on Chelsea.

Pretty much spot on.

What was negative about bringing on attack minder midfielders? We didn't have the belief? This is a team that in the past month has scored more later winners then any team in the country, belief is what they have. Desire is what they have.

We didn't have any chances. That's not down to belief, that's down to our best players unfortunately not being able to do enough with the ball. It's a real shame we didn't have Lennon starting really.
What was negative about bringing on attack minded midfielders? Pray tell me: Dembele and Lamela on for Townsend and Chadli, which pair are more attacking? Why not bring on Dembele for Stambouli and leave a second winger e.g. Townsend on? Unless of course you wanted an extra CM to congest the midfield area and create a stronger barrier.

How about using your third sub, as surely we could rest a player in these congested fixture zone, better still bring on a striker to exploit the tiring Manure players most had played two days ago. Any of these might have convinced me we were going for the kill. If you think this is positive then I will just have to disagree for me it is glossing over for the sake of it.

Back