• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OOMT ***

Maltese Falcon

Niko Kranjcar
Against United

Walker ------ Fazio ------ Vert ------ Davies

--------------------Capoue--------------------

-----Dembele -----------------Paulinho------

-------------------Eriksen--------------------

----------Kane-------------Adebayor-------

Though Poch will probably just bring in Davies for Rose

Last edited:
Against United

.Walker - Fazio - Vert - Davies

. Capoue

. Dembele Paulinho

.Eriksen Chadli

. Kane

I am not sure chadli and Paulinho in the same midfield would be hard enough working, would have stambo in there as well.

Would be tempted to put in Townsend or Lennon in there as there pace and directness would worry man u. Not saying townsend or lennon are any good. Also do not rate Capoue or Paulinho but you can not keep playing the same team every match.

If the team that had played today had 6 days rest we would have smashed Leicester.

Against United

Capoue and paulinho should be kept as far away from the team as possible. Don't let a bad game make your forget just how bad those two have been

Against United

Capoue/Paulinho/Ade? do you want us to get spanked?

This could be a classic counter attacking game, they have tons of firepower, but shakey behind

Davies for Rose, if Naughton is fit, may opt for him over Walker (very rusty), Lennon (also if fit) for Lamela

Capoue and paulinho should be kept as far away from the team as possible. Don't let a bad game make your forget just how bad those two have been

Capoue was excellent at the Emirates and to be honest retaining Bentaleb and Mason as our midfield pivot just 40 hours after their shocker today fills me with dread...

This could be a classic counter attacking game, they have tons of firepower, but shakey behind

Davies for Rose, if Naughton is fit, may opt for him over Walker (very rusty), Lennon (also if fit) for Lamela

Play Mason and Bentaleb and we WILL get spanked!

Indeed.
Nabil will have a monster game against them, just the player we need to take on the middle of that park against a (still) frail Utd side everywhere except upfront.
Agreed 100%, Davies for sure. I'd certainly see how Kyle is doing, but we do need to be careful with him.

If there was going to be a gamble selection, I'd say we look for Nobby upfront, Kane in the hole, Lennon on the right, Dembele on the left of that three and Eriksen starting alongside Bentaleb but on the strict proviso that he swaps off and switches with Dembele.

I think the ONLY way Dembele can really work well these days is as an attacking midfielder. He does well when he plays further forwards. Unorthodox but it 'might' be my gamble, though to be fair, the sort of gamble I'd take in the 65th -70 th min if needed; would likely sit with our more 'traditional' starters.

Who'd be a manager.

------------------Lloris-------------------

Walker---Fazio----Vertonghen--Davies

-----------Mason----Bentaleb-----------

---Lennon------Eriksen---------Chadli

-----------------Kane-------------------

hugo_lloris.jpg

vlad_chiriches.jpg
federico_fazio.jpg
jan_vertonghen.jpg
ben_davies.jpg

aaron_lennon.jpg
ryan_mason.jpg
mousa_dembele.jpg
christian_eriksen.jpg

harry_kane.jpg
roberto_soldado.jpg

---------------------------Lloris----------------------------

Chiriches----------Fazio-------------Verts-----------Davies

----------------Stambouli------------Bentaleb------------

Lennon--------------------Eriksen---------------------Chadli

----------------------------Kane-----------------------------

Subs: Vorm, Dier, Rose, Mason, Dembele, Lamela, Soldado

Rationale:

- You don't drop Bentaleb after one bad game: he's a young lad, and what he needs is positive reinforcement. We keep confidence in him, and let him learn on the job.

- Walker's rusty. And presumably tired. Chiriches isn't.

- Stambouli didn't have a great game against Leicester (and still looks slower than players in his position generally are), but he's still pretty much our only purely defensive option next to Bentaleb (Mason is far less conservative), and we'll need him to track one of the trio of Falcao, Rooney and Van Persie as they make runs into the box from deep positions: he's probably the only player we have who is tactically disciplined enough to play that role.

- Lennon will give us some cover on the right for Chiriches, and will also offer fresh legs and pressing up front, which will hopefully counteract the effect of tiredness on Kane

- Kane's selection is a bit forced, tbh. All things being ideal, I'd give him a rest going into this one, as he's pretty evidently run himself into the ground over the past few weeks. But he's the only one we have who can consistently score right now (save for perhaps Eriksen) and benching him while he's on this kind of form will be a mistake, imo. So, some more running required, Harry. Come on, you can do it, lad. Rest is just around the corner, surely.

------------------Lloris-------------------

Walker---Fazio----Vertonghen--Davies

-----------Mason----Bentaleb-----------

---Lennon------Eriksen---------Chadli

-----------------Kane-------------------

Agree with that. Only potential change I would make is Soldado for Chadli and then Kane playing deeper

Surprised that some people want Stambouli to play - I really dont see what he brings to the team.....slow and poor in possession. The need for a donkey in every team's midfield has vanished and a DM now earns his corn by being positionally in the right place to cover, intercept etc and also by being able to start and switch attacks. Bentaleb has the passing and will get better with experience at know what to do and when

LVG is already complaining about having to play twice in 48 hours.
Not a good way to motivate his players.

Lloris
Walker Fazio Vertonghen Davies
Mason Bentaleb
Lamela Kane Eriksen
Soldado​

Chadli needs to be dropped at the moment. Soldado has been rested and should be able to work his **** off.
They'll be playing 352 again and Walker should destroy them down the right.

Theres a case for Lennon playing but is he fit and would he turn up anyway.

Agree with that. Only potential change I would make is Soldado for Chadli and then Kane playing deeper

Surprised that some people want Stambouli to play - I really dont see what he brings to the team.....slow and poor in possession. The need for a donkey in every team's midfield has vanished and a DM now earns his corn by being positionally in the right place to cover, intercept etc and also by being able to start and switch attacks. Bentaleb has the passing and will get better with experience at know what to do and when

What animal eats corn? Only one I can think of is a chicken and in my mind donkey trumps chicken tactically.

This isn't a bad side at all Rossi.

Thanks, five and a half outfield changes should freshen the team up nicely. Lennon in behind Young and their wing back system is our avenue to goals. I don't think it's wise to play Walker again in quick succession and Vlad has actually been putting in some decent performances at rb.

Back