• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur vs. Manchester United OMT***

I reckon Poch subbed Wanyama v CSKA after an hour with a view to starting him against Man Utd. So I think it will be him and Dembele in midfield with Toby in for Dier.

Unless he wants to use both Eric and Wanyama with Dembele infront of them and Alli on the bench. You can never be certain what Poch will do.

But I think it will be the team in the first post of the thread.
I am seeing Wnyama Dier Dembs and Son on the bench.

I am seeing Wnyama Dier Dembs and Son on the bench.
Specsavers-Free-Eye-Test.jpg

The game against CSKA seemed to be a turning point for us in mentality and it all comes down to having a fully fit Kane and a returning Toby. Both of them are so key. Eriksen seems so much happier with Harry on the pitch. I hope we take it to them on Sunday.

Would like to see our first choice FBs get out too. I can't imagine Wednesday was a massively taxing night.

Coys

The game against CSKA seemed to be a turning point for us in mentality and it all comes down to having a fully fit Kane and a returning Toby. Both of them are so key. Eriksen seems so much happier with Harry on the pitch. I hope we take it to them on Sunday.

Would like to see our first choice FBs get out too. I can't imagine Wednesday was a massively taxing night.

Coys

Whoa, whoa, hold your horses there mate. Lose on Sunday and it wont seem so much a 'turning point'. One game at a time. Please.

Agree with your other points that Kane and Toby being back is a massive boost for the team and Eriksen does indeed look happier with Kane being on the pitch.
If our first choice FBs don't play then that will simply be SHOCKING!

COYS

To me this will tell us if we REALLY are a different Spurs team: how many times have we played Manure at OT when they are seemingly "there for the taking" only for us to get our bellies tickled? That 3-0 in LVG's first season comes to mind....

They are under pressure to not just draw but actually beat us: they haven't won at home in the league in their last 4; they have only won 1 (ONE) league game since beating Leicester 4-1 in late September. They have zero wins vs teams above them in the table. They and Jose KNOW they are under pressure to win.
I think Jose will go full "rough up the southern softies" mode on Sunday and try to bully us before using their pace to try and pin us back a bit.

So for me i'd play our most solid, dynamic and physical team: the pressure is on THEM to win, let's be string and force them to have to stress and break US down. I'd LOVE a win but a draw given our upcoming fixture would be a good result no matter what the top four do: it's a must we don't lose. Jose will want a cagey game and keep it tight as long as possible before relying on set-pieces like Fergie often did vs us. We need to keep our concentration and composure and NOT be too gung-ho or naïve (e.g. giving away cheap free-kicks deep in our half).

My team:

Lloris
Walker Alderwiereld Vertonghen Rose
Wanyama Dembele
Eriksen Alli Son
Kane

Bring on GKN to push their defence further back later in the game if need be, Winks to maybe beef up midfield if we are winning and/or we want to improve our forward passing and Dier to see out the match if we are winning (and give Herrera a good lamping!)

COYS

Mourinho is a liability, chelsea last year wasn't just a bad few months at the office, the only thing thats stops me tipping win here is our stamford bridge-esque record there, football is a weird game with bogey ground and bogey teams so we'll get a draw and moan we should have won while Mourinho will moan about every injustice known to man and get a touchline ban again.

My worry is we will dominate but fail to score and then get done on the counter. Most clubs put up two banks of four against United at OT but not us, it's just not in our dna. It's the main reason we so often get done at places like OT and Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho knows this only too well and will surely set his side up to draw us forward, choke us out around the box then catch us on the break. He is the undisputed master at that kind of thing.

If the team that showed up for the first half at Stamford Bridge (and that was without Toby and Rose, too) shows up for 67% of the Manure game, we'll embarrass them.

Last edited:
I've I've read the whole of this thread, yet I'm still not confident at all.
I'd take a point and run personally....

Only difficult call is Dier or Wanyama in CM. Personally I think Dier's distribution is better and, whilst he's not been outstanding at CB, thats not his position - he's a DM. Also means that our back 7 from last season are all back together, and its our first choice 11 from last year, bar Son for Lamela. For once, I'm not intimidated going to OT and also they took a very strong team to Ukraine on Thurs so presumably only got back in the early hours of Fri and would have only have Saturday to prepare

-------------------------------Lloris----------------------------

---Walker-----ALDERWEIRELD!!!----Vertonghen-----Rose

----------------------Dier-------------Dembele---------------

--------Son------------------Alli--------------------Eriksen

------------------------------Kane---------------------------------

subs: Vorm, Davies, CCV, Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko, Nkoudou

Slightly nervous doing this but I'm going for a 2-1 win!! (there, I did it)

I want Toby back, but worry that he may get exposed or not do the whole game. For that reason, I'd want Dier on the bench.

Wanyama seems more solid than Dembers at present so would start with the two, but with Winks ready to replace either.

Front 4 sort of picks itself at present, but many options.

Just hope Poch dishes out the strong coffee to keep everyone switched on first 7-8 mins of each half.

When all's said and done - we can win, and don't have to lose.

Back