• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
OLD TRAFFORD

1 January

5.30 pm

Returning to the Man United lineup after a 6-month loan to Chelsea: Howard Webb.

In the WBA OMT I suggested this would be our lineup:

----------- Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Rose
Lennon Sandro Dembele Eriksen
---------- Paulinho
----------- Ade

With Sandro injured it could be anyone from Soldado, Chadli, Holtby. Depends on how attacking we want to be.

ATTACK! Brave Jord. It's a big game.

-----------------Lloris--------------------
Walker---Dawson-----Chiriches--Rose
----Dembele---Paulinho---Eriksen
---Lennon-----Soldado------Ade-------

When we need that spark, get Lamela on.

Yea yea I know I said we need to play Lamela every game but maybe this is one for him to comes off the bench.

Get at them.. make them scared of us and not the other way around. We need all our midfielders to be combative and then we won't necessarily miss Sandro. Providing that our team has the desire to fight for every ball, the stamina to keep going for 90 minutes and the strength to match up against our opponents then we'll have no concerns about the way that we'll apply ourselves.

The side that we select won't be too unlike that selected by Diego. I'd say that I'd be happy with that, providing that each of the three midfielders puts the hard work in in midfield. I think Soldado's moment is arriving, his penalty will have helped again today, I really hope that he can start scoring from open play soon though.

Dembele always seems to have a good game against Man U. Hopefully he is fully fit and raring to go on Wednesday. Great performance from him today.

united's midfield is very weak. we can play 442 with dembele and paulinho and get away with it.

I almost said this, then I remembered that I had called Liverpool weak bar Coutinho and Suarez, and that didn't work out well :oops:, so I decided to keep my mouth shut here.

****OMT - Tottenham vs. Mancs @ Old Trafford - New Years Day 17:30 KO****

150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png
vs.
feeder76449ix0.png

WEDNESDAY 1ST JANUARY 2014
17:30

Kyle-Walker.jpg
-
Michael-Dawson.jpg
-
vlad-chitiches-new.jpg
-
ezekiel-fryers-new.jpg

aaron-lennon.jpg
-
Paulinho.jpg
-
Mousa-Dembele.jpg
-
christian-eriksen-new.jpg

emmanuel-adebayor.jpg
-
Roberto-Soldado.jpg

hansolotrollface.jpg

Last edited:
Lloris

Walker - Dawson - Chiriches - Rose

Lennon - Paulinho - Dembele - Eriksen

Adebayor - Soldado​

--

I wouldn't change from todays team if I am honest with you other than Walker coming back from suspension and Rose coming back in to the team after being rested today. Of course if Vertonghen is fit I'd put him back in the team in place of Chiriches and if Sandro was fit I'd put him next to Dembele and put Paulinho on the bench.

With this, I'd have Adebayor drifting out to the left and when he does so having Eriksen come inside to cause problems as well as freeing up Rose to attack freely down the left. Wouldn't drop Lennon as he has been one of our best performers this season and coming off the back of his cracking goal as well as his love for killing Evra, he's a must for this game.

I don't think we'll pick up back to back wins at Old Trafford, but I think a draw would be a great result.

In this topsy-turvey season, shall we let two OMTs stand? See what happens??? Come ON let's be brave!!!!

Some pre match highlights from our last visit to Newton Heath:

[-X I wanted to make my OMT debut with this one and Scara pulled rank.

Not only have you gone over his head, you have shamed the OMT Gods #-o

If I don't see a badge within the next five points I will start a ****ing war

O'Hara scale of 1-10, this OMT is ****ing ****.

I can't predict the line up

I can't predict the score.

What I can predict is that we'll get well and truely Foy'd.

You have to wonder why we even bother going up sometimes. Glad we get the annual beating out of the way early this season.

Often play fairly well up there but a combination of luck and bad ref usually screws us over nicely.

I seem to say this most years but here I go again......

If the Man U team we are likely to face was called Sunderland things would feel so different. If their midfield consists of Giggs, Scholes and Carrick and a central defence that is without Vidic and has an ageing Ferdinand and Evans there is no great reason to fear them.......other than reputation, poor refereeing, the Fergy effect, our recent history of matches,their home advantage and RVP ain't too bad....

But back to our positives.... Surely we have enough in our team to take the game to them and try and expose their lack of pace and running in the midfield. We weren't 'up' for the QPR and Norwich games and fell away against WBA. Surely this is a game they will be up for and if they all play well we are easily a match for Man U. I would be a lot happier if Ade was fit though.

For any old ones out there like me, you will remember '79 at OT on a cold Wednesday night when for the second year running we had drawn with them at home and had to go there for a replay. We had a bad record against them at that time also. I went to all four home and away games and when the ball curled into the net just in front of us remains in my list of top 5 Spurs moments.

After the farce that ensued from February this year I have given up predicting as clearly I now know nothing about football but our players have the skill and ability to really trouble 'em. Have they the desire and belief?? We shall see....

COME ON YOU SPURS......please.....just for once.

Who actually thinks we'll win?

Any update on Adebayor? He's just disappeared with no mention of him.

Hope I don't end up starting a false rumour here, but I wonder of AVB and Ade have fallen out? :-k

(Cue the Metro and Daily Fail/ The Scum running more AVB unrest stories...what have I done??)

The Spurs line-up the last time we beat Manchester United at Old Trafford...

Mimms

Thomas Mabbutt Sedgley v.d. Hauwe

Samways Howells Gascoigne Allen

Lineker Stewart

Everybody dance now!

Very nervous about this match, as usual. Just hope we can change history by beating ManU for once !

I think we need a proper Sandro performance tonight if we are to get anything out of the game, San Siro style

Or Dembele, Old Trafford style.

This will be his 6th league game this season, two of them against Norwich and two at OT.

It's about time Bale did something too.

Spurs in turmoil
'Tired' stars slam AVB
Exclusive
By PAUL JIGGINS

The teams were:

Friedel, Verthongen, Gallas, Caulker, Walker, Dempsey, Lennon, Bale, Sandro, Defoe, Dembele

Lindegaard, Rafael, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Scholes, Nani, Giggs, Carrick, Kagawa, van Persie

Valencia will be back for this, him and Rafael link up very well. It is one of my only problems playing Eriksen on the left, will he track back and help out Rose who will be exposed. Rooney will no doubt be back too which is always a problem. Carrick was back too recently and we know how crucial he is in central midfield. Going to be an interesting game.

------------------------------LLoris--------------------------------

Walker--------------Dawson---------Chiriches-------------Rose

-------------------------------Capoue-----------------------------

-----------------------Paulinho------Dembele--------------------

---Lennon-----------------------------------------------Eriksen--

----------------------------Adebayor-----------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Fryers , Holtby, Chadli, Lamela, Soldado

A6246_zps5456cfe8.jpg

Manchester United host Tottenham Hotspur on New Years Day, Wednesday 1st January 2014 (KO 17:30) in the 20th round of matches in the 2013-14 season.

It will be the 184th meeting between the two clubs who were the "glamour teams" of the 1960s.

United come into the match in 6th place on 34 points with Spurs in 7th place on 34 points on goal difference.

Tottenham Hotspur's first meeting with Manchester United came in the old 1st round (today's 3rd round) of the FA Cup in January 1899 when United were known as Newton Heath. The match was drawn 1-1 at Northumberland Park, but Spurs won the replay 5-3 at Bank Street in Clayton, Manchester.

A decade later the two clubs met for the first time in a Football League match with United drawing 2-2 at White Hart Lane in the First Division.

The reverse fixture at Old Trafford was easilly won by United 5-0.

Tottenham's first League win over United came in November 1911 2-1 at Old Trafford.

Both clubs met for four seasons in the Second Division during the 1930s.

Since the start of football after WW2, all League meetings have taken place in the Top Flight of the English League system.

In 1952, both clubs toured North America and played two exhibition matches with Spurs winning 5-0 in Toronto, Canada and 7-1 in New York, USA.

The clubs were drawn together in the 1963-64 European Cup Winners' Cup with Spurs winning 2-0 at the Lane and United winning 4-1 at Old Trafford.

Old Trafford was the venue for the 1967 FA Charity Shield with League Champions United and FA Cup Winners Spurs drawing 3-3 in a game most remembered for goalkeeper Pat Jennings' long-range goal. The Charity Shield was shared.

August 1979 saw the clubs meet for the first time in the Football League Cup and Glenn Hoddle's magnificent volly was the winning goal in a 2-1 Spurs victory at White Hart Lane. United went on to win the second leg at Old Trafford 3-1.

In June 1983, the clubs played two matches in Swaziland, Southern Africa, resulting in a win each. Prior to this season, Spurs last win at Old Trafford came in December 1989 thanks to a Gary Lineker goal.

The clubs have only ever met in one Domestic Cup Final - the 2009 Football League (Carling) Cup Final at Wembley, which ended in a 0-0 draw after extra time. United won the subsequent penalty shoot-out.

Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur were founder members of the Premier League in 1992-93 and are two of the seven clubs who have been ever-present up to the 2013-14 season - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool being the other five.The fixtures during season 2010-11 saw United win 2-0 at Old Trafford in October while the reverse match at White Hart Lane ended in a 0-0 draw.

2010-11 was the first season when both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur competed together in the UEFA Champions League. Both clubs won their respective Group Stages and progressed to the Knock-Out Phase. Spurs eventually went out to Real Madrid in the Quarter Finals while Manchester United made it to the Final, only to lose to Barcelona.

The away 2011-12 fixture at Old Trafford in August resulted in a 3-0 win for United with goals from Danny Welbeck, who headed in Tom Cleverley's cross just after 60 minutes and he then produced a wonderful instinctive flick to set up a second for Anderson. Wayne Rooney scored with a pinpoint late header from Ryan Giggs's centre.

The game at White Hart Lane in March 2012 was won by United 3-1. Wayne Rooney scored on the stroke of half-time to put the visitors ahead at the break. Further goals were added with a brace from Ashely Young before Jermain Defoe got one back for Spurs with three minutes remaining.

Last season's fixture at Old Trafford resulted in an historic 3-2 win for Tottenham - their first in the League at Old Trafford in 23 years. Jan Vertonghen's second minute strike was deflected-in off Jonny Evans and Gareth Bale added a second goal after 32 minutes. United hit back through Luis Nani after 51 minutes but Spurs restored their two goal cushion a minute later with a Clint Dempsey goal. Shinji Kagawa scored United's second goal a minute later and Spurs survived the pressure for a United equaliser to come away with three very well earned points.

Former Manchester United defender Zeki Fryers joined Spurs in January 2013 from Standard Liege in Belgium.The match at White Hart Lane in January 2013 resulted in a 1-1 draw. Robin van Persie put United ahead on 25 minutes but an injury-time goal from Clint Dempsey meant the points were shared. United went on to win the Premier League Title and Sir Alex Ferguson resigned at the end of the season.

Kyle Walker put Spurs ahead after 18 minutes in the 2013-14 game at White Hart Lane in December but Wayne Rooney equalised in the 32nd minute.
Sandro's 54th minute goal was cancelled out by a Wayne Rooney penalty three minutes later for a final score of 2-2.

Overall, United have a very good record over Spurs with 86 wins to 50 with 48 of the 184 matches played so far drawn.

Jamie Attwell
David Beckham (United player, Spurs trainee)
Dimitar Berbatov
Bill Berry
Alan Brazil
Jimmy Brown
Fraizer Campbell
Michael Carrick
Garth Crooks
Harry Erentz
Quinton Fortune
Zeki Fryers
Terry Gibson

Tommy Gipps
Greoge Graham (United player, Spurs manager)
Jack Hall
Stewart Houston (United player, Spurs asst. manager)
David Gwilan Jones
Joe Jordan (United player, Spurs coach)
Cyril Knowles
Chris McGrath
James McNaught
Fred Milnes
Louis Saha
Teddy Sheringham

Last edited:
Lloris

Walker - Dawson - Chiriches - Rose

Lennon - Paulinho - Dembele - Eriksen

Adebayor - Soldado​

--

I wouldn't change from todays team if I am honest with you other than Walker coming back from suspension and Rose coming back in to the team after being rested today. Of course if Vertonghen is fit I'd put him back in the team in place of Chiriches and if Sandro was fit I'd put him next to Dembele and put Paulinho on the bench.

With this, I'd have Adebayor drifting out to the left and when he does so having Eriksen come inside to cause problems as well as freeing up Rose to attack freely down the left. Wouldn't drop Lennon as he has been one of our best performers this season and coming off the back of his cracking goal as well as his love for killing Evra, he's a must for this game.

I don't think we'll pick up back to back wins at Old Trafford, but I think a draw would be a great result.

Agree with this and the comments. Only if Sandro is 100% fit though would I consider him. Don't bring him back too early like we did against Liverscum.

Back