• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United OMT ***

Out of curiousity Statto, where do you get your two Bale assists from? I have him at one, for Defoe's goal agaisnt QPR. That one is probably up for debate too. But which is your second?

The BBC match report originally had Bale down for the assist on QPR's own goal, but I've now noticed that they've changed it to Steven Caulker.

Tottenham's amended goals & assists for the season so far now looks like this...

P0053.png

I seem to say this most years but here I go again......

If the Man U team we are likely to face was called Sunderland things would feel so different. If their midfield consists of Giggs, Scholes and Carrick and a central defence that is without Vidic and has an ageing Ferdinand and Evans there is no great reason to fear them.......other than reputation, poor refereeing, the Fergy effect, our recent history of matches,their home advantage and RVP ain't too bad....

But back to our positives.... Surely we have enough in our team to take the game to them and try and expose their lack of pace and running in the midfield. We weren't 'up' for the QPR and Norwich games and fell away against WBA. Surely this is a game they will be up for and if they all play well we are easily a match for Man U. I would be a lot happier if Ade was fit though.

For any old ones out there like me, you will remember '79 at OT on a cold Wednesday night when for the second year running we had drawn with them at home and had to go there for a replay. We had a bad record against them at that time also. I went to all four home and away games and when the ball curled into the net just in front of us remains in my list of top 5 Spurs moments.

After the farce that ensued from February this year I have given up predicting as clearly I now know nothing about football but our players have the skill and ability to really trouble 'em. Have they the desire and belief?? We shall see....

COME ON YOU SPURS......please.....just for once.

The BBC match report originally had Bale down for the assist on QPR's own goal, but I've now noticed that they've changed it to Steven Caulker.

Tottenham's amended goals & assists for the season so far now looks like this...

P0053.png

Thanks. Giving it to Caulker makes more sense to me :)

Thanks. Giving it to Caulker makes more sense to me :)

No problem!

BTW, the two unassisted goals for us this season were Benoit Assou-Ekotto's home to West Brom in the Premier League and Andros Townsend's last night away to Carlisle United in the League Cup.

----------Lloris----------------
Walker-Caulker-Gallas-SuperJan
-----Sandro-------Dembele-------
Lennon---Dempsey-------Bale
---Ade (if fit) or Defoe (if Ade's injured)---------------

2-1 Spurs
Dempsy, Ade, Giggs

3-1 Spurs...

Caulker or Verts from set-piece
Defoe
Dempsey

I really really think this is the time. It will come down to taking care of the ginger whinger when he's on the pitch. Take him out of it and we'll be fine.

----------Lloris----------------
Walker-Caulker-Gallas-SuperJan
-----Sandro-------Dembele-------
Lennon---Dempsey-------Bale
---Ade (if fit) or Defoe (if Ade's injured)---------------

2-1 Spurs
Dempsy, Ade, Giggs

My team selection exactly, although I think that Friedel will continue to get the nod in goal from AVB.

Thought Anderson actually looked like the player he was meant to be against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, although that was just the highlights I saw (which were about 10 times longer than ours.....). Could be a threat, looks a lot more like an athlete now.

I seem to say this most years but here I go again......

If the Man U team we are likely to face was called Sunderland things would feel so different. If their midfield consists of Giggs, Scholes and Carrick and a central defence that is without Vidic and has an ageing Ferdinand and Evans there is no great reason to fear them.......other than reputation, poor refereeing, the Fergy effect, our recent history of matches,their home advantage and RVP ain't too bad....

But back to our positives.... Surely we have enough in our team to take the game to them and try and expose their lack of pace and running in the midfield. We weren't 'up' for the QPR and Norwich games and fell away against WBA. Surely this is a game they will be up for and if they all play well we are easily a match for Man U. I would be a lot happier if Ade was fit though.

For any old ones out there like me, you will remember '79 at OT on a cold Wednesday night when for the second year running we had drawn with them at home and had to go there for a replay. We had a bad record against them at that time also. I went to all four home and away games and when the ball curled into the net just in front of us remains in my list of top 5 Spurs moments.

After the farce that ensued from February this year I have given up predicting as clearly I now know nothing about football but our players have the skill and ability to really trouble 'em. Have they the desire and belief?? We shall see....

I assume you are talking about the Ossie goal. And what a goal it was. My local barber was a Man U fan and I went to have a hair cut the next day and continually mentioned how brilliant Ossie was. He gave me a skinhead - I was ten. He's still a taco and I don't go there anymore.

--------------Friedel------------

Walker---Caulker---Gallas---Jan the man

----------------Sandro---------

---------Dembele----Demsey-----

Lennon----------------------------Bale

---------------Defoe-------------

Subs; Lloris, Dawson, Smith, Hudd, Livermore, Townsend, Gylfi

10-9 Spurs, Shebby Singh with all of them.

COYS.

Yeah... nah, we just seem to roll over, manyoo now being the only team we haven't won against in decades, no matter what team they come out with , no matter what competition. I'm fed up of the fergy effect, i wanna win this any which way, and i've been saying it for years on this forum. Even Arry Hotspur couldn't do it !

We've had better front pairing strikers with keano and berba, a magical midfield with modders floating around in recent years - we've been up, but always seem to get dragged back. For me, ever since 2001 when we were 3-0 up at HT at the lane, then becks and co prised us apart to lose it 3-5, we have mentally suffered; the closest we ever got to beating them was at home under ramos til a late deflection off dawson as tevez jumped around in the box from a corner.

Who knows maybe villas boas can bring a bit of iberian luck - but i seriously doubt it.

2-0 to manure

Last edited:
Back