• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

Also - I disagree. At 3-0 down - you want to claw it back and not think about being 'overrun'. That's a negative mindset, and as the home side we want to be on the front foot.

Of course we want to be on the front foot, but we weren't.

I actually remember Alex Ferguson saying after getting smashed by City that the mistake they did was that they got too eager to get back into the game when they were behind and so they got a proper painful beating.

We already looked like we would be on a 2 game losing streak, getting countered against a couple more times and getting truly crushed by United could have actually hurt our confidence quite a bit. All for the absolute minute chance of overturning a 3-0 deficit against United. It might not have been worth that gamble, we have more games coming up, important games.

Put your best players in their ideal position, and also make sure that your best players touch the ball the most times in advanced positions. Simple stuff, but it works. Luka Modric playing the ball out wide is wasted, when he's one of the best players in the world on the ball.

This.

Honestly, I have absolutely no idea why Danny Rose is in the squad of we cannot play him from the start in these situations; the last time we gave him a start in a critical match, it helped us immensely!!!!!!!

Round pegs = round holes.

I would say our saving grace is that when the squad is fit, the best 11 are obvious, except Harry didn't do that last weekend...oh well, rot stops here, Everton away next week, time for the big boys to show and for Harry to get back in the selection saddle...

COYS

Im not even annoyed or angry anymore, its totally expected. You could almost laugh. Yes we have huffed and puffed but ultimatley we are losing at home because we havent scored any goals, and we are kissing goodbye to 3rd with every passing game. What does annoy me is the amount of people here who will blame the ref for the defeat.

alternatively, we've done so well that we've given ourselves a massive cushion that can see us have a dodgy patch, lose 3 in a row (if it happens at Chelsea), and still be in 3rd.

that's pretty good going.

any of the goons, chelsea or pool would rather be in our position than the one they occupy.

any of us would have taken this position at the start of the season.

alternatively, we've done so well that we've given ourselves a massive cushion that can see us have a dodgy patch, lose 3 in a row (if it happens at Chelsea), and still be in 3rd.

any of the goons, chelsea or pool would rather be in our position than the one they occupy.

All of the above.=D>

Arsenal was awful, we know that

But today our weakened team totally dominated against the best of most consistant team of the last 20 years

On any other days against any other team that would have been three points - Man U defended excellently, they knew early on they wouldnt win the MF battle so chose to win the game in their final third with excellent defending (def and mf's) and closing of space (and even then Lennon nearly destroyed that)

We need to learn how to do what Man U do, which is win no matter how they play or how much pressure they are under - and that is a mental thing as well as a habit

All of the above.=D>

thank you.

i honestly, really and truly do not know what some people expect.

this is a brilliant season. these 2 weeks are a tough patch, time to man up and get on with it, take a step back, stop microanalysing every minute twist and turn and reacting to it, dismissing all that has gone before.

exactly - better to have the points on the board

3rd is still ours to lose, and even if we finishs 4th we learn alot from that and would have taken 4th at the start of the season - i think some people got a little carried away with all the title talk........we need to keep perspective

Well said mate, as I said elsewhere the ten point gap was there for a reason (and it wasn't to safeguard us against administration!). Defeats to Arsenal away and Man U home are not a bad run I hate to say it the results (though not the scores) are par for the course as much as it might sound uncomfortable. What we have to do is get back the form where we win at places like Everton, and make light work of Swansea at home. Only big game left is Chelsea away and if we have a higher proportion of Bale, VDV, Parker, Lennon, Modric, Adebayor available then we should come away with at least a point.

Should be able to beat Stevenage on Wednesday with a Europa team and get the WHL crowd lifted a little. Everton away is not our favourite fixture but very winnable if we have that core back.

It will take a run as bad as last seasons for us not to get top 3 now and even though we are still Tottenham we've got better players than last season. Friedel isn't the liability Gomes was, Adebayor rather than Crouch is the one man world class strikeforce that we need to grind out results. Parker has the no frills discipline you need at the business end. Hungry Livermore and Walker rather than complacent Jenas and Corluka. Even Sahas 3 goals is more useful than Keanos pointy shouty stuff.

Chelsea are in turmoil.
Arsenal are as good as one player.
Liverpool are hamstrung by high investment, sub standard plates and can't see past a dinosaur of a manager so stuck in the 80s it's like a BBC drama.

So yes mate, any of that lot would give their right arm for our position and even where we will be going into 2012/13. But COYS - plenty of Glory left on this season yet.

Arsenal was awful, we know that

But today our weakened team totally dominated against the best of most consistant team of the last 20 years

On any other days against any other team that would have been three points - Man U defended excellently, they knew early on they wouldnt win the MF battle so chose to win the game in their final third with excellent defending (def and mf's) and closing of space (and even then Lennon nearly destroyed that)

We need to learn how to do what Man U do, which is win no matter how they play or how much pressure they are under - and that is a mental thing as well as a habit

True about the way Man U play but we gave them two goals due to lazy defending. The second goal was poor defending all around on the throw in. The first was poor. I would even suggest that Brad should have caught the ball instead of tipping it over. I honestly said to myself "oh no goal" when that happened. Those are the little things that United always kill off teams with.

We were very good for an hour today but still didn't drive at them enough in the final third.

I've so enjoyed this season but once again we're getting caught in a Feb/March tough patch due to a lack of rotation and poor decisions - mainly in the lack of shape the last two months. All I've wanted this year was to finish about Arse and I'm not sure we'll finsh 4th anymore. Too many close decisions since the New year. We've only scored 2 goals or more in 5 of the last 12 games. That form won't allow us to hold on to any CL spot.

If we don't win the next two League games the Chelsea game will be meaningless. COYS.

What i and others around me at the game could not understand is why after going three down it took Redknapp so long to make changes?

:rolleyes:

we're in 3rd. still. with a massive shout of automatic CL.

but of course, that happens every year around N17.

well done Mr Redknapp, for being the best manager we've had in a loooong time. and long may he continue.

Not singling you out mate but this type of comment tinkles me off personally. Everyone that's been around a bit knows this is the best season we've had in years. That's not in question but just cos of the season so far why should Harry be exempt from critiscm or trade on our past glories when he gets it wrong??? Just don't get it.

Not singling you out mate but this type of comment tinkles me off personally. Everyone that's been around a bit knows this is the best season we've had in years. That's not in question but just cos of the season so far why should Harry be exempt from critiscm or trade on our past glories when he gets it wrong??? Just don't get it.

Redknapp has done well, but he has got limitations and they are showing, put it this way Jose would win the Prem with our squad but it will never happen under Redknapp.

RE Man U fans ticket allocation: They had a smaller allocation for the game than normal. This is for safety reasons, I think it is basically because their fans refuse to sit down for the entire match. Its not a first, other clubs have done it to them as well. You think standing is an issue at Spurs games, well at Man U they have been threatened with closure of certain sections of the ground before by the council because of this!

I assume that it is therefore easier to segregate them by giving them part of one tier rather than two. However, it kind of backfired giving them a slightly bigger lower tier allocation, means they have a better presence. Should have stuck them in the Upper Tier like Saudi Sportswashing Machine do but again I wonder if there are safety issues with this.

The thing was though, it did work! We played well, I don't know if you noticed? Changing it just to change it when we were actually playing well isn't a great idea.

That was a full strength United side, not a team you just walk through and create chances again, especially with key creative players missing. We had 18 attempts in total, they had 6!

Nothing inevitable about us losing, and no you weren't just proved right. I wasn't happy about missing Bale and VdV either, but the lads, put out there in a system by Harry did really well and dominated one of the best teams in the league.

Wow, he changed it at 3-0 down, and we got a goal. So obviously it would have been better to change it earlier? Really? Correlation-causation? Come on... We got a goal because they made a pretty bad mistake in their own half.
We may have had a lot of possession and caused a number of chances - but how many of those were clear-cut? We went down 3-0 at home to them, so it obviously didn't work. Perhaps with Modric in the centre of midfield - we would have been a greater attacking threat.

The guys that went out there on the field did well to play to the system that Redknapp set out, I agree - but I feel that Redknapp's team selection and tactics were wrong. We can all sit here and say that we played well etc, but ultimately we lost. I'm fudged off that we roll over for United each and every season. In other games I don't mind playing some good football and coming away with nothing, but it's so typical of them lot to not have the best of games and put three past us.

I'll be a lot brighter in the morning, but I've had a harder time dealing with this defeat than the one last weekend.

Back