• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs MAN UNITED -OMT***

8 GOALS IN 2 GAMES, HiSTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF

Hey, look at it this way, we scored only one goal in those first two fixtures, whereas we scored three in these last two ones. Ergo, we'll go on a run three times as good as the one we went on earlier! Right, fellas? Right?

Right?:frown:

Everyone was on a high because of the court case outcome. Since then speculation has massively intensified and every manager is using it to their advantage.

Stevenage, Arsenal, now Man Utd

Saudi Sportswashing Machine game is the blip in this sequence, not the other way round I'm sorry to say.

I agree with N16. We havent been playing well for a little while now, We flattered to deceive against Saudi Sportswashing Machine where everything we touched went in while they were missing their best two central midfielders.

Well done mate. Wish I could say the same.

Cheers fella. The way I was feeling and the brick I said last week was pretty embarrassing and made me take a long look at myself and some posts on here from people helped.

I cheered the boys on, was ready to throw my mobile at Young as he celebrated right in front of me (before i saw sense) and shouted abuse at the ref, but don't feel too low at this moment in time.

Fcuk it if we do fcuk up this 4 point lead its not the end of the world, but there is still a long way to go though....

Onwards to Stevenage.

Cheers fella. The way I was feeling and the brick I said last week was pretty embarrassing and made me take a long look at myself and some posts on here from people helped.

I cheered the boys on, was ready to throw my mobile at Young as he celebrated right in front of me (before i saw sense) and shouted abuse at the ref, but don't feel too low at this moment in time.

Fcuk it if we do fcuk up this 4 point lead its not the end of the world, but there is still a long way to go though....

Onwards to Stevenage.

I'm disappointed because we won't win the league. Still very confident about the FA Cup and finishing above the Scum in 3rd though.

Least we were there for a bit though mate.

Might have been different if we beat wolves or if Bale had have played the ball to Defoe against city a little bit earlier but if we had have won all our games up to now we would be top...

Lot of ifs.

I think this experience will help us, and hopefully we will learn from it.

United are class, so losing to them is just about bearable just don't understand why they don't even have to play well against to be able to beat us.

The one week we all wanted Krancjar to start on the left, he leaves him out and plays our best midfielder out of position. I'm not knocking Sandro or Livermore, but Modric is wasted on the left.
Agreed 100%. Modric is not a left midfielder - he can play there but only with a playmaker in the middle (Huddlestone). Livermore and Sandro in the middle means that we were never going to be creative in the ost vital area of the pitch.

Also Harry, we're 3-0 down and he doesn't make a change until the 80th minute?!!!!! I was fudging fuming.

Agreed 100%. Modric is not a left midfielder - he can play there but only with a playmaker in the middle (Huddlestone). Livermore and Sandro in the middle means that we were never going to be creative in the ost vital area of the pitch.

Also Harry, we're 3-0 down and he doesn't make a change until the 80th minute?!!!!! I was fudging fuming.

Me too

Frustrating all round Jurgen. We all know Harry's weak point is tactical nous and he showed that over the last two games. On to the next game, let's forget this shower of brick and concentrate on a win over Stevenage.

Up the Spurs, I'll love you regardless.

Least we were there for a bit though mate.

Might have been different if we beat wolves or if Bale had have played the ball to Defoe against city a little bit earlier but if we had have won all our games up to now we would be top...

Lot of ifs.

I think this experience will help us, and hopefully we will learn from it.

United are class, so losing to them is just about bearable just don't understand why they don't even have to play well against to be able to beat us.

we haven't learned anything YET this season from these types of games... we've got SUCH an inferiority complex it's unbelievable... Tottenham v Manchester currently reads 4-14... quite simply, I don't give a fudge how much money they've got between them or how many refs they 'persuade' over a season... we are NOT a 10-goal swing difference in quality from those two clubs, and yet here we are... thoroughly thumped by both of them... TWICE!

I can't remember the last time they BOTH did the 'double' over us in the same season...

we'll be lucky to scrape 4th at this rate, their confidence looks shot!

At 3-0 it looked all over. He could have swapped Saha for Defoe earlier I think, but at 3-0 there is something to be said for not being completely overrun. I remember United trying to hard when behind against City and absolutely getting spanked, or Arsenal against United, taking off their only defensive midfielder and getting shredded.

Frustrating all round Jurgen. We all know Harry's weak point is tactical nous and he showed that over the last two games. On to the next game, let's forget this shower of brick and concentrate on a win over Stevenage.

Up the Spurs, I'll love you regardless.

We outplayed United for most of the game, without Bale, VdV, Hudd (and Parker). An almost full strength United side that is.

We were let down by individual errors, Friedel not coming for a cross and Walker not marking Rooney, then Modric getting temporary narcolepsy at a throw in. Incredibly harsh at best, and in my opinion flat out wrong to blame that on Harry.

I will politely say that mid-week, I had hoped we would see Livermore start alongside Luka in the middle, and that if Bale wasn't fit (which i had heard he wouldn't be all along) that we would play Rose on the left from the start. Two proper wingers, playing wide. I would also have asked Defoe to do a job and sit in the hole behind Ade. Instead we played Saha, who is not only 32 but had played for France mid-week. It is simple stuff. Play the players who are 100% fit, and play the players you have in their best positions when possible. Luka Modric needed to be on the ball, inside, next to Livermore who was excellent...Harry once again has shown a bewildering lack of tactical acumen...

My optimism for the season rests with the fact we have too many good players coming back to fudge it up, thus we will be fine and we will be top 4/3rd.

COYS

At 3-0 it looked all over. He could have swapped Saha for Defoe earlier I think, but at 3-0 there is something to be said for not being completely overrun. I remember United trying to hard when behind against City and absolutely getting spanked, or Arsenal against United, taking off their only defensive midfielder and getting shredded.

We outplayed United for most of the game, without Bale, VdV, Hudd (and Parker). An almost full strength United side that is.

We were let down by individual errors, Friedel not coming for a cross and Walker not marking Rooney, then Modric getting temporary narcolepsy at a throw in. Incredibly harsh at best, and in my opinion flat out wrong to blame that on Harry.
At 2-0 dow he didn't make the change to bring it back. If you're losing the game and things aren't working - then you have to make the change available to you and try and turn tide. He did at 3-0 down, and we got a goal!

As far as the inidividual errors are concerned, I agree to an extent. At the start of the match I thought we'd lose due to lack of creativity in the middle. Inevitably that proved true, as we didn't have a platform to spring from and develop enough clear cut opportunities up front. We 'scored' a goal - but how many times did we threaten De Gea? Not enough, when we're the home side.

Playing 4-4-2 against Arsenal was a mistake, playing our brightest creative player on the left-hand side with no-one in the centre is also a mistake. As I said, I trust Harry - but we all know his tactical deficiencies and he has proved it in the last two games. We lost the midfield battle against Arsenal and didn't threaten the goal enough against United.

I will politely say that mid-week, I had hoped we would see Livermore start alongside Luka in the middle, and that if Bale wasn't fit (which i had heard he wouldn't be all along) that we would play Rose on the left from the start. Two proper wingers, playing wide. I would also have asked Defoe to do a job and sit in the hole behind Ade. Instead we played Saha, who is not only 32 but had played for France mid-week. It is simple stuff. Play the players who are 100% fit, and play the players you have in their best positions when possible. Luka Modric needed to be on the ball, inside, next to Livermore who was excellent...Harry once again has shown a bewildering lack of tactical acumen...

My optimism for the season rests with the fact we have too many good players coming back to fudge it up, thus we will be fine and we will be top 4/3rd.

COYS
Put your best players in their ideal position, and also make sure that your best players touch the ball the most times in advanced positions. Simple stuff, but it works. Luka Modric playing the ball out wide is wasted, when he's one of the best players in the world on the ball.

Also - I disagree. At 3-0 down - you want to claw it back and not think about being 'overrun'. That's a negative mindset, and as the home side we want to be on the front foot.

I thought we played well - especially for the first 40 mins. I just had that feeling that no matter what we did we werent gonna get anything out of it.

At 2-0 dow he didn't make the change to bring it back. If you're losing the game and things aren't working - then you have to make the change available to you and try and turn tide. He did at 3-0 down, and we got a goal!

As far as the inidividual errors are concerned, I agree to an extent. At the start of the match I thought we'd lose due to lack of creativity in the middle. Inevitably that proved true, as we didn't have a platform to spring from and develop enough clear cut opportunities up front. We 'scored' a goal - but how many times did we threaten De Gea? Not enough, when we're the home side.

Playing 4-4-2 against Arsenal was a mistake, playing our brightest creative player on the left-hand side with no-one in the centre is also a mistake. As I said, I trust Harry - but we all know his tactical deficiencies and he has proved it in the last two games. We lost the midfield battle against Arsenal and didn't threaten the goal enough against United.

The thing was though, it did work! We played well, I don't know if you noticed? Changing it just to change it when we were actually playing well isn't a great idea.

That was a full strength United side, not a team you just walk through and create chances again, especially with key creative players missing. We had 18 attempts in total, they had 6!

Nothing inevitable about us losing, and no you weren't just proved right. I wasn't happy about missing Bale and VdV either, but the lads, put out there in a system by Harry did really well and dominated one of the best teams in the league.

Wow, he changed it at 3-0 down, and we got a goal. So obviously it would have been better to change it earlier? Really? Correlation-causation? Come on... We got a goal because they made a pretty bad mistake in their own half.

Back