• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool OMT ***

@OfficialLFC RODGERS:"We had 65% possession tonight. To me, that's more important than goals."

Good luck winning the league on possession David Brent

Seriously the guy is a fudging helmet

I'm surprised so many people are saying we were good in the first half

Maybe it's because AVB said we were excellent

We were excellent for 15 minutes and got worse and worse and were hanging on from the 20th minute to the 90th - terrible in terms of playing our game, keeping possession, controlling the game

It was only a matter of time til they scored and we were very lucky one of their other chances didn't fly in, very fortunate indeed IMO

We were excellent for 15 minutes and got worse and worse and were hanging on from the 20th minute to the 90th - terrible in terms of playing our game, keeping possession, controlling the game

It was only a matter of time til they scored and we were very lucky one of their other chances didn't fly in, very fortunate indeed IMO

I thought other than how poor Gallas was in the first half, we were good. You put someone like Caulker there or even Vertonghen and the game wouldn't of looked how it did. Gallas was rushing everything and at 35 was looking nervous. Gave the ball away needlessly, hoofed it up field when a calm presence was needed etc.

Dembele won more tackles, created more chances and completed more passes than any other Spurs player in the first half.

This was Liverpool's 26th game in a row in all competitions without getting a penalty kick.

To get penalties you need to actually get in the area

liverpoo pass it to death in the area of the pitch where it has the least effect - the half way line

Joe Allen has a great pass success rate but it looked like he always went sideways

Gerrard looked absolutely shot

Suarez has some quality about him but lacks a killer instinct when he actually has time

There full backs tonight were awful when actually attacked

They really have no spark, the thing that comes from real quality in key positions. They have one match winner and unfortunate for them he performs in games they draw (a contradiction in itself)

That's why we won IMO

We didn't look pretty but rarely looked like conceding which was kinda weird

Dembele won more tackles, created more chances and completed more passes than any other Spurs player in the first half.

and he visibly faded as time went on.... demonstrating our reliance on a player of his callibre in the centre to keep us ticking

What revisionist trash is this?
Maybe you should be surprised that the majority disagree with you because you are wrong.

@OfficialLFC RODGERS:"We had 65% possession tonight. To me, that's more important than goals."

Good luck winning the league on possession David Brent

Seriously the guy is a fudging helmet

No. Seriously no. That can't be an official Twitter.

If so, then kudos to Rodgers. He's punking Liverpool something terrible. Can't wait for the big reveal on April 1.

Rodgers will come good. You can see what he's trying to do, and you can see the difference from last season, in terms of forward players making runs off the ball, the CMs cleverly alternating roles, the full backs pushing up and the Cbs drifting wide. All he needs is a clinical, powerful front-man to create space and finish off their many chances.

And I'm pretty confident they'll get one in January.

It's quite similar to our situation, actually. We're only one creative, clinical midfielder away from dominating games like we used to.

I had read the Scousers were more worried about the Swansea game than this one. Apparently if they split our defence they'd win comfortably. If they couldn't manage that it'd be a draw.

Hahaha.

Back