• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Dinamo Tbilisi OMT ***

If it was a home game sure but a game at the end of a 5 hour flight into what is practically asia? The majority of the squad would be better off sitting it out and preparing for sunday.

Not really, AVB has to take a team he feels is strong enough to win it. With our new squad strength we need to qualify for the group stages of this competition

Seems most of the squad is actually out. I cant see AVB sending them out there if he wasnt going to play them so

------------Lloris
Walker-Dawson-Kaboul--Rose
-------Paulinho-Dembele
Townsend--Siggy---Chadli
----------Soldado

I would rather play

------------Lloris
Naughton-Dawson-Kaboul--Rose
-------Capoue-Dembele
Townsend--Carroll---Chadli
----------Defoe

We are not playing Carroll in the league so if he needs to play in the cups

I know what you're saying but why send Lloris out there then?

I agree - bit daft. Just take Freidel, Gomes and Archer and let Lloris have a relaxing week rather than spending 2 nights in Tblisi's finest hotel (which is still probably ****) and then flying back on Thurs nd landing at 2am. Pointless taking Lloris out there

3:11 pm
The hairy faced one is now, finally, speaking:

Here's Neil McLeman...

"Which compe***ion will AVB prioritise: the Premier League or Europa League?

"Last season I think we prioritised both compe***ions in the end. Same objective this season. We approach this season the same.

"We often played the same team Thursday to Sunday last season and had good success on Sundays. This playoff is very important to us."

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Great news and true. We won the League Cup Final on a Sunday after a Thursday Europa game IIRC????

We really ought to win this, whichever players are selected. We have the squad to beat them, it's just picking the right combination.

I'd hate to see Kane, for me he's the next Caulker-esque player to move on. Not good enough and I don't think that he ever will be.

I know! Sold Caulker for £9m, signed Capoue for £8m; Levy is a genius. :D

And, Kane has done little to impress me in the games that I've seen to date. I think he's an overhyped striker, overhyped on the basis that he's one of our youth. Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to produce top quality youth players but although Caulker will likely have a decent career, neither are top 4 players in my opinion.

Carroll to start hopefully. If he's not going to be playing games like this then he should be getting regular football elsewhere.

Expecting a very strong team based on what AVB has said.

A couple of squad players like Friedel and Defoe somewhat likely to be rotated in. The possibility of a youngster like Carroll or Townsend. Otherwise I expect us to be close to our first choice 11 today.

Lennon has been left at home with a foot injury. Townsend should start in his place to offer a direct comparison.

If anyone's figured out a river for this one could you send me a pm?

For me, Carroll has to start or we should be looking to send him out on a Prem loan pretty soon. He's got to get some games to develop more. Just don't know who'd take him and actually give him a run out every week.. Maybe he'd have a better time with a team in La Liga?

Great news and true. We won the League Cup Final on a Sunday after a Thursday Europa game IIRC????

I very strongly disagree! Part of the reason of having a squad is so that you can rotate and rest players however AVB's comments implied that he wants to play our strongest team Sun and Thurs. Hopefully that wont happen as its a bit daft

Back