• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs clams***

Would be nice to see Ndombele start on Sunday, but I think it will be Dele instead and we'll be playing on the break

I have a feeling Romero will start. He has done well against Lukuku in Italy.

There isn't a chance that Nuno will start Ndombele in his narrow keep it tight counter attacking midfield.

Expect to see LoCelso start ahead of Gil in the front three if only 1 of Son, Lucas and Bergwijn is fit.

Not sure Son, Moura or Dier will be fit will they?

If there is no Son, Moura or Bergwijn we should try 3-5-1-1

Lloris
Dier, Sanchez, Rodon(or Romero)
Emerson, PEH, Skipp, GLC, Reguilon
Tanguy
Kane

Would need Emerson and Serge to provide attacking width, Tanguy can just do his thing in advanced positions... provided we can get out of our half of course

I think we will get pumped regardless so may aswell try something different.

I think we’ll see the standard 3 mids that have kept league clean sheets to date. I would have leant towards Dier and Sanchez for consistency but Dier’s injury means it may not be him and even with his recent improvement I think I’d rather Rodon for his physicality over Sanchez. I’d worry Romero may get an early yellow and the dirty clams will buy a second one from him, probably Alonso or Azpilicueta offering their punchable faces up after a fracas at a corner.

Emerson and Reguillon pick themselves.

Either side of Kane is the most difficult to predict:
Left: Son if fit, Gil if not,
Right: Moura if fit, Gil if not, Bergwijn if Moura and Son both aren’t fit, if Son Moura and Bergwijn are all out I’d go Lo Celso and he will make it more like a wonky 4411. I’d love to accommodate Ndombele but I don’t think we can carry him with Kane barely moving but he could come on as an attacking sub if need be.

Last edited:
I have a 3.5 hour trip to the ground as need to go to Greenwich from the Keynes on Sunday morning then straight back out to go to Tottenham. I also have my first day back in the office since March 2020 the following day, so my plan to chuck 100 on the blue scum to try and jinx a draw plus drink enough to remove any memory of the game should make for an interesting 24 hours.

drink enough to remove any memory of the game
The only sensible approach.

CompleteFrequentCob-max-1mb.gif

Going to get as blasted as possible between 11am and kick off to make it more bearable haha

Going to try out Redemption Brewery then the new Corner Pin then in the ground as usual

Love the title Clams they are, horrible brickcnuts to a man and their fans are different level

I have a feeling Romero will start. He has done well against Lukuku in Italy.

There isn't a chance that Nuno will start Ndombele in his narrow keep it tight counter attacking midfield.

Expect to see LoCelso start ahead of Gil in the front three if only 1 of Son, Lucas and Bergwijn is fit.
Yes, two defensive midfielders isnt enough. We need Dele's work-rate alongside them. No space for anyone creative
If we stick with the system I think we have to go Dele, Skipp Hojbjerg in this one. Chelsea are just too good.

If we're without two of Bergwijn, Lucas and Son perhaps we could set up like against Palace, but Dele as one of the box to box players and Ndombele as the #10. Dele will get up into the final third at times unlike Winks. That #10 role would suit Ndombele better than Alli with the way we play. The two interchanging a bit if we find ourselves in control of possession.

More likely Ndombele for the last 20-25 minutes if we're a goal behind.

Would be surprised to see Romero chucked in for this one. Has had no more training with the team since being left out before the international break.

Need some huge performances all over to get anything from this, and probably a bit of luck too. But it's the kind of game that probably suits our current setup, we're in with a shout as long as we don't hand them the lead.

If we stick with the system I think we have to go Dele, Skipp Hojbjerg in this one. Chelsea are just too good.

They are good, so I get playing Skipp and PEH. But we need some players who can retain the ball and counter punch. On ball retention, none of our attacking options are Eriksen-like in nature who are playmakers so if we dont have someone in midfield who is good on the ball and will keep it moving around then we have no-one who will create and/or just relieve pressure from us holding the ball. Setting aside it being pretty sad that we'd line up with a team who can't retain the ball, we'd just be inviting pressure on to us

They are good, so I get playing Skipp and PEH. But we need some players who can retain the ball and counter punch. On ball retention, none of our attacking options are Eriksen-like in nature who are playmakers so if we dont have someone in midfield who is good on the ball and will keep it moving around then we have no-one who will create and/or just relieve pressure from us holding the ball. Setting aside it being pretty sad that we'd line up with a team who can't retain the ball, we'd just be inviting pressure on to us
I get what you're saying and for most games I'd agree. More in general it's a real unfortunate situation to be in if we have to play with little to no press resistance in midfield.

Ndombele hasn't started a league game in months and months. 70 minutes against Rennes, is he ready for doing that defensive job against one of the best and best structured teams in the league? I struggle to see it.

Lo Celso has 36 PL minutes for us so far this season. Was short on match fitness before spending 10 days in Croatia training with only Sanchez and Romero. Is he ready to start this one?

We're in a situation where keeping it tight, organised, structured and aggressive is our best bet, despite the problems it causes. Depending on Dier's injury our CB partnership could be new, potentially also including a player (or even two?) straight back from said Croatian training camp.

Would love to see Nuno confident enough about Ndombele or Lo Celso to start one of them. Like you I hope that happens sooner rather than later, I don't think it's this game though. Would be a big change of approach from Nuno if he did imo, I'd argue in support of it all week if it failed. Just struggling to see it happening.

Ndombele as a #10 though, that could just possibly, maybe happen if the injury situation is bad enough.

Back