• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea *** OMT

But is that not eriksens normal movement? Drifting between left and mid is his game so surely Jose would have countered that in his pre match tactics or if it wasn't working change it. For me it was lazy pundits, we have to say something good about Spurs and explain how this has happened, oh we'll say this,it's Spurs no one really cares.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

But is that not eriksens normal movement? Drifting between left and mid is his game so surely Jose would have countered that in his pre match tactics or if it wasn't working change it. For me it was lazy pundits, we have to say something good about Spurs and explain how this has happened, oh we'll say this,it's Spurs no one really cares.

That seems a bit harsh on the pundits! Out of interest how would you explain what happened, which on paper seemed like Jose getting tactically schooled by MoPo?

Weak from Oscar and Fabregas. But pretty standard from Eriksen, it really has been his standard mode of operating when playing centrally. At least recently.

Chadli coming inside when the space opens up is also pretty standard. Kane moves around a lot from the lone striker position, comes back inside when there's space opened up by Eriksen. Yep.

Of course, if only we had traditional wingers flying down the flanks putting crosses in with their strongest foot as close to the sideline as possible... Then we would be real good ;)

Magic had two choices. Stay Central or follow Eriksen. He chose the latter. Whether Jose detailed him to do that is somewhat irrelevant. The fact that he got dragged away from the centre was key to Kane and Chadli being able to get at JT and TC. Hence Eriksens movement was vital in this context.

I don't like pundits, most talk rubbish and contradict themselves one week to the next.
I watched the game on line it was difficult to tell but to me it looked like we stopped fabregas and played Kane deep with no cf but runners coming from behind that Chelsea's back line couldn't track. We seldom had anyone on the shoulder and used that man in mid to strangle them.

Papercuts dream

There are deffo 3 goals so one of the teams and SS...

\o/

Now this may be clutching straws but I went round to my brothers and he gave me a sound bar to go with my projector. Didn't use the projector but wanted to try the sound bar with the tv (during the game) Noticed it was a Samsung and on the Sports setting; both words together in the middle (i did take a pic haha). Oh and I share the same initials with a certain youngster... I'll take from that what i need haha! Oh and Chelsea a sponsored by Samsung...

Weak from Oscar and Fabregas. But pretty standard from Eriksen, it really has been his standard mode of operating when playing centrally. At least recently.

Chadli coming inside when the space opens up is also pretty standard. Kane moves around a lot from the lone striker position, comes back inside when there's space opened up by Eriksen. Yep.

Of course, if only we had traditional wingers flying down the flanks putting crosses in with their strongest foot as close to the sideline as possible... Then we would be real good ;)

And with Townsend staying wide that is what we did have on the right side. It was the good old fashioned wonky. What we didn't have was Lamela cutting in all the time and condensing the space and getting in Eriksens way.

Just watched it again on BT, bloody brilliant performance all round, even Paulinho came on and played well lolz

BT's coverage is ****ing atrocious.

Would we be better with wingers? There was no one in the box to cross to.
As good a strike as it was kanes first goal he had no other option and he started the move what 40 yards from goal, I find that a bit worrying.
Don't get me wrong we were the better team by a mile last night and if hazard had had an off night that would have embarrassing for them but we were a bit fortunate with the equaliser IMO

As good a strike as it was kanes first goal he had no other option and he started the move what 40 yards from goal, I find that a bit worrying.
Don't get me wrong we were the better team by a mile last night and if hazard had had an off night that would have embarrassing for them but we were a bit fortunate with the equaliser IMO

Winger thing was a joke...

Yes, we struggled after their opener and Kane's goal came somewhat out of nothing. That is a worry, but for me it's also just a part of the current inconsistency caused by us still settling as a team and relying on a lot of younger players. Very few teams look good straight after going down 1-0 to Chelsea.

That Kane equalizer was really special for that very reason. He pulled that out of the hat almost on his own, changed the flow of the game in the process and lifted us as a team. Real special stuff when we weren't performing.

But surely the fact that we effectively didn't play with a central striker who the Chelsea defence could easily mark and instead played with a lot of movement between the lines and from the fanks inward is what made us beat them?

Why is that lucky??

Magic had two choices. Stay Central or follow Eriksen. He chose the latter. Whether Jose detailed him to do that is somewhat irrelevant. The fact that he got dragged away from the centre was key to Kane and Chadli being able to get at JT and TC. Hence Eriksens movement was vital in this context.

But Jose isn't the type to sit and watch his team get ripped apart and do nothing so I find it difficult to believe that was the main reason. Jose cleared looked perplexed on the side lines and I think that is a huge compliment to Poch. If Jose can't see it then why would I think blobbie (s)average would?

Winger thing was a joke...

Yes, we struggled after their opener and Kane's goal came somewhat out of nothing. That is a worry, but for me it's also just a part of the current inconsistency caused by us still settling as a team and relying on a lot of younger players. Very few teams look good straight after going down 1-0 to Chelsea.

That Kane equalizer was really special for that very reason. He pulled that out of the hat almost on his own, changed the flow of the game in the process and lifted us as a team. Real special stuff when we weren't performing.

It's difficult to get humour across sometimes so no worries. I think it was acceptable to struggle a bit, we lost a very important player, they scored against the run of play but we dug in and got or shape and tempo back. If Kane had missed I could he him rallying the team and pullig them along.

But surely the fact that we effectively didn't play with a central striker who the Chelsea defence could easily mark and instead played with a lot of movement between the lines and from the fanks inward is what made us beat them?

Why is that lucky??

I never said it was lucky, we stuck to the task but that moment showed the weakness in our system. Chadli and Townsend made at best half hearted attempts to support Kane leaving him one option.

Just went and had a look at a Chelsea forum (The Shed End) to see what the reaction has been like there, disappointingly a couple of Spurs fans signed up to the forum to purely gloat about the win and came across as complete fools even among their lot!

I never said it was lucky, we stuck to the task but that moment showed the weakness in our system. Chadli and Townsend made at best half hearted attempts to support Kane leaving him one option.

In that instance that is true i guess. But was that the case for most of the game though? It seemed fom what i've seen they took it in turns to run into the box and provide options

In that instance that is true i guess. But was that the case for most of the game though? It seemed fom what i've seen they took it in turns to run into the box and provide options

I can only think a couple players heads went down. Here we go again, we've bossed this game and lost a dodgy goal with their first attack. Apart from maybe 10 mins after the goal we looked the better, more disciplined hungrier team, but in that 10 mins the leaders came to the fore. Kane, Bentaleb, verts and fazio stood up and we aren't taking this anymore. Team grew up last night.

And with Townsend staying wide that is what we did have on the right side. It was the good old fashioned wonky. What we didn't have was Lamela cutting in all the time and condensing the space and getting in Eriksens way.
It wasn't Townsend staying wide, it was Townsend staying out of the game.

He had one successful pass from wide inside in the opponents 3rd, he had one to an overlapping Walker. The rest of the time he stayed in the central 3rd or passed backwards.

He had 0 out of 5 successful take-ons, but blissfully only one shot (the very good penalty).

That wasn't Townsend improving the performance by staying wide, that was Townsend improving the performance by staying the **** out of the way.

Re: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chel53a *** OMT

That wasn't Townsend improving the performance by staying wide, that was Townsend improving the performance by staying the **** out of the way.

But to be fair to him. He has hardly been in the side. We were playing Chelsea. His pace worried them so they had to sit a little deeper allowing us to play between the lines. He had the confidence to smash in the penalty. And he did more than Lamela who has had tons of games. I like Lamela but some games he does nothing but give the ball away.

Back