• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea *** OMT

Offside but not active for the first shot
This is where the law is an ass, so to speak. The initial shot went a few inches by Costa's boot and he was stood in an offside position. If he touches it he is offside but he didn't so technically is not, but either way he is affecting Lloris decision to some extent. In the second phase of play he has gained an advantage from being offside and inactive in the first phase of play. So he is not technically not offside either but I think this is a flaw in the rule. I think the rule needs to be amended that Costa cannot become active in the next phase of play. In saying that it's already too complicated so I can imagine how hard this would be to implement.

This is where the law is an ass, so to speak. The initial shot went a few inches by Costa's boot and he was stood in an offside position. If he touches it he is offside but he didn't so technically is not, but either way he is affecting Lloris decision to some extent. In the second phase of play he has gained an advantage from being offside and inactive in the first phase of play. So he is not technically not offside either but I think this is a flaw in the rule. I think the rule needs to be amended that Costa cannot become active in the next phase of play. In saying that it's already too complicated so I can imagine how hard this would be to implement.

Well to me (law regardless) there is a difference when a player stands still (ala Eriksen for our goal a week or so ago) vs. Costa tried to hit the ball and ****ing missed ..

If you actually made a play for it, it shouldn't really be only if you touched it .. obviously Costa trying to touch the ball will put both Lloris & defenders off

I remember reading a quote from an old manager that if you're not interfering with play, you shouldn't be on the pitch.

Everyone is interfering to some extent even if just putting some doubt in the defenders mind.

I just don't see why they don't do away with the whole "active" component and have offside as being offside regardless.

Again doing what he does best: Divert attention from a pretty poor performance by his team.

Despite Hazard being a lethal threat to us tonight (what a player he's turning out to be), we never went cynical and violent on him. He was fouled a few times, but they were all fair challenges.

That's more than can be said of Chelski, *cough* Cahill *cough*. That kick in the back was just nasty, and worthy of at least a yellow card.

Agreed.
Jose's a pantomime bully...he knew what he was doing, he's onto the next game, putting more pressure on refs. He will know only too well that their first could've been called offside easily (and should have been), that Cahill could've got his marching papers and that his side were simply not there today. He's being decent in protecting them but he knows he needs them.
Having said that, he remains an absolute c**t!

There was an off topic discussion in the ITK thread where I said I was glad we didn't fork out for Cahill among others.

Feeling well vindicated at the moment. He's not that good.

There was an off topic discussion in the ITK thread where I said I was glad we didn't fork out for Cahill among others.

He will have nightmares about Kane & Chadli for some time

Need that gif to immortalize his kick into Kane's back while he was on the ground.

GreatSophisticatedBlackmamba_zpsnpi71njb.gif.html

I remember reading a quote from an old manager that if you're not interfering with play, you shouldn't be on the pitch.

Everyone is interfering to some extent even if just putting some doubt in the defenders mind.

I just don't see why they don't do away with the whole "active" component and have offside as being offside regardless.

I wouldn't mind it if the defenders could be deemed inactive as well, you can be offside for the whole move then tap in at the end from an onside position and it's fine, yet a defender can be on his **** 40 yards away and be playing everyone on

it's always in the attackers favour these days, I'm fed up with this constant obsession football has with scoring goals

Now one bad game doesnt make him overrated or a poor defender. I think he is a good defender yes he was bullied by Kane but that performance yesterday not many could have lived with.

Re: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chel53a *** OMT

Offside but not active for the first shot

Not sure whether this is your opinion or the reason you've heard why it wasn't given, but it's complete rubbish. The lino missed the offside and they're (the officials and pundits) retrospectively making stuff up to fit the decision made. Costa was an inch away from touching the ball, he was in the line of the shooting player and Lloris, it was a text book offside.

Re: *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chel53a *** OMT

Eriksen and Townsend both take a runner with them. But Eriksen was being tracked by their screening player who normally sits infront of their back 4. Eriksen took him away and Kane shot from where he would have been.

MOTD highlighted it really well

I did think that Matic had no support though from Fibreglass who was awful though

it wasn't really and rather a weird thing to highlight I thought.

I thought it was really interesting analysis. Eriksen dragging Matic away from his usual positioning in front of their two CBs exposed Terry and Carthorse to a rampant Kane and Chadders. Result - carnage!

Back