• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS CHELSEA - CAPITAL ONE CUP FINAL

The elbow he threw at Bentaleb right before it technically deserved a red. Ramires, having fouled SEVEN times before getting a booking then commits anther yellow card booking and stays on the pitch. Kane gets tugged to the ground via his shirt from a corner; not seen/no pen. They were qclams.
What about Fabregas mauling down Kane? How that wasn't a yellow card is beyond belief!

Completely disagree. Chelsea knew exactly how to play against us. They took a leaf out of Stoke, West Brom, Palace, West Ham, Fiorentina and others notebook. Pack the midfield, nullify Kane and Eriksen and wait for the inevitable mistake. You don't need players of technical excellence to frustrate us as we are only really a threat on the counter. Chelsea werent going to make the same mistake to try and play football against us like they did at the Lane. We are too one dimensional at present. It isn't lack of experience it is lack of quality in key positions. Townsend, Chadli and Lamela were all poor today. You can't afford to play the champions elect with several players below par. That is where the difference lay.

I think that is certainly true of the second half. I thought that we created quite a few openings in the first half and had the run of our left hand side. Chelsea were struggling to cope with this until they scored and then put ten men behind the ball.

You lot might laugh at this but the first half went our usual predictable pedestrian way, until we get better players in the three positions behind the striker I cant see a way to improve, we never gave them anything to think about because they knew exactly how to play us and also sat deeper than what they did at the Lane, I believe this was because of the loss of Matic.
Now for the laugh, I would have come out in the second half as a 4-4-2, Townsend and Lamela wide with Dembele and Kane up top, that would have totally buggered up their game plan.

Completely disagree. Chelsea knew exactly how to play against us. They took a leaf out of Stoke, West Brom, Palace, West Ham, Fiorentina and others notebook. Pack the midfield, nullify Kane and Eriksen and wait for the inevitable mistake. You don't need players of technical excellence to frustrate us as we are only really a threat on the counter. Chelsea werent going to make the same mistake to try and play football against us like they did at the Lane. We are too one dimensional at present. It isn't lack of experience it is lack of quality in key positions. Townsend, Chadli and Lamela were all poor today. You can't afford to play the champions elect with several players below par. That is where the difference lay.

Spot on !

I think that is certainly true of the second half. I thought that we created quite a few openings in the first half and had the run of our left hand side. Chelsea were struggling to cope with this until they scored and then put ten men behind the ball.

What do you mean by quite a few openings? I can only realistically think of Eriksens free kick. On the other hand, Chelsea had quite a few in the first half - ivanovitch header into the side netting, hazards shot curling just wide, Fabrigas overhead kick saved by Lloris, the header by Cahill also well saved by Lloris. And those are just from the top of my head!

What do you mean by quite a few openings? I can only realistically think of Eriksens free kick. On the other hand, Chelsea had quite a few in the first half - ivanovitch header into the side netting, hazards shot curling just wide, Fabrigas overhead kick saved by Lloris, the header by Cahill also well saved by Lloris. And those are just from the top of my head!

Pretty much all the neutral press reports I've read confirm my view of the game, in that we had a lot of the play and most of the chances, but we weren't ruthless enough and Chelsea's extra quality and experience in the final 3rd to take their opportunities and tactically keep us at arms length pretty much won the game. We did create quite a few openings, more than Chelsea did in the game. Even Mourinho came out and said we played well after the game. Don't know what your issue is. There was no real problem with our performance, there wasn't much to analyse. We played well, Chelsea played well. They got the rub, we didn't. They had more experience and maybe that counted when both defending our periods of pressure as opposed to us defending theirs and in terms of them taking their (few) chances that came compared to when we had our few chances.

People on here are banging on about the fact we didn't create a load of chances, as though they expected us to against a team like Chelsea. Well hello people, nobody creates a tonne of chances against that Chelsea team or any Mourinho team. You basically have to take the chances as they come otherwise you draw or lose.

Why can't you just accept that we played well but came up a bit short and there isn't really a tonne of analysis as to why, it's just that we're up against an exceptional team, one of the best in Europe and we were always likely to lose. We went down with a fight and with our heads held high.

Pretty much all the neutral press reports I've read confirm my view of the game, in that we had a lot of the play and most of the chances, but we weren't ruthless enough and Chelsea's extra quality and experience in the final 3rd to take their opportunities and tactically keep us at arms length pretty much won the game. We did create quite a few openings, more than Chelsea did in the game. Even Mourinho came out and said we played well after the game. Don't know what your issue is. There was no real problem with our performance, there wasn't much to analyse. We played well, Chelsea played well. They got the rub, we didn't. They had more experience and maybe that counted when both defending our periods of pressure as opposed to us defending theirs and in terms of them taking their (few) chances that came compared to when we had our few chances.

People on here are banging on about the fact we didn't create a load of chances, as though they expected us to against a team like Chelsea. Well hello people, nobody creates a tonne of chances against that Chelsea team or any Mourinho team. You basically have to take the chances as they come otherwise you draw or lose.

Why can't you just accept that we played well but came up a bit short and there isn't really a tonne of analysis as to why, it's just that we're up against an exceptional team, one of the best in Europe and we were always likely to lose. We went down with a fight and with our heads held high.

Well said mate!

We put in a solid performance. We struggled with some things almost all teams in the world struggle with up against Chelsea. We didn't have much go our way, they got two deflected goals.

I get being disappointed, but I don't get why there has to be a spacegoat.

Well said NWND

I thought we played well, but just didnt get any luck yesterday, sadly you have to give Chelsea credit they knew how to win that final. They kept their shape and didnt take any risks (boring to watch I admit) and ground out the victory really.

Its really annoying that they had a full week to prepare, I would love to have seen us play them with us having a full week to recharge and prepare.

Well said mate!

We put in a solid performance. We struggled with some things almost all teams in the world struggle with up against Chelsea. We didn't have much go our way, they got two deflected goals.

I get being disappointed, but I don't get why there has to be a spacegoat.

With all our possession and men in forward positions we had a Ericksen free kick and a Kane snap shot to show for it in 90 minutes, whatever happened to "To Dare is to Do", also letting in two goals and only creating two chances is not what I call solid, Chelsea were solid, same old problem they dropped deep doubled up on the wings and stopped us playing, we need to find an answer, at least 6 teams have stopped us playing by doing this so far this season.

You are welcome to your view but I am afraid I disagree. Please list all these chances we had. Chelsea controlled the game. Too many of our players didn't play well and our two danger men were nullified by their game plan. No, I didn't expect us to create a hatful of chances against a strong, defensively minded, Chelsea team, but to say we did and had "most of the chances" is just wishful thinking. I can't fault our effort but we did not play well. Townsend and Chadli in particular had stinkers. As a team, we are one dimensional and many teams have discovered how to play against us. We lack quality and game changers in key positions. We rely too heavily on one or two players. Let's at least be honest and try and give an impartial analysis of the game.

With all our possession and men in forward positions we had a Ericksen free kick and a Kane snap shot to show for it in 90 minutes, whatever happened to "To Dare is to Do", also letting in two goals and only creating two chances is not what I call solid, Chelsea were solid, same old problem they dropped deep doubled up on the wings and stopped us playing, we need to find an answer, at least 6 teams have stopped us playing by doing this so far this season.

We had possession and men in forward positions. Yes you question our daring? Isn't getting players forward and keep the ball an example of being daring?

Chelsea stopped us fairly effectively, but this was also influenced by their two goals. Both goals fairly lucky deflected goals. Not like they carved us open again and again.

Yes we have a problem breaking down hard working well organized teams. This is nothing new, this has been the case for years. This is not isolated to us. And it's no surprise it's taking a while to sort out.

You are welcome to your view but I am afraid I disagree. Please list all these chances we had. Chelsea controlled the game. Too many of our players didn't play well and our two danger men were nullified by their game plan. No, I didn't expect us to create a hatful of chances against a strong, defensively minded, Chelsea team, but to say we did and had "most of the chances" is just wishful thinking. I can't fault our effort but we did not play well. Townsend and Chadli in particular had stinkers. As a team, we are one dimensional and many teams have discovered how to play against us. We lack quality and game changers in key positions. We rely too heavily on one or two players. Let's at least be honest and try and give an impartial analysis of the game.

Had we gotten the opening goal it would have been completely different. They got the opener somewhat luckily in a close game with few chances. This is a Mourinho managed Chelsea team we were up against.

We had possession and men in forward positions. Yes you question our daring? Isn't getting players forward and keep the ball an example of being daring?

Chelsea stopped us fairly effectively, but this was also influenced by their two goals. Both goals fairly lucky deflected goals. Not like they carved us open again and again.

Yes we have a problem breaking down hard working well organized teams. This is nothing new, this has been the case for years. This is not isolated to us. And it's no surprise it's taking a while to sort out.

Sometimes this season I have thought that watching us play is like watching paint dry, predictable and pedestrian, we get the ball into the final third and just stop, when we try and play the ball quicker we inevitably give it away and it comes straight back on our defence which gets caught with the fullbacks up the pitch, definitely needs tweaking, Chelsea did not need to carve us open time after time to win and they knew that, why didn't Dier get out quicker to close down Terry, why did Bentaleb not track Fabregas, small margins but to accept defeat without questioning why, never.

I'm not a big fan of Townsend but I think he's getting some unfair stick for yesterday. Chelsea doubled up on the wings giving him little options. When he did beat his man and make some space for a cross there was no one in the box or if they were they were hugely out numbered.

One main issue we shouldn't forget was that Chelski had 6 full days of training to sort out their system ,Moanriniho even had a central defender as a midfielder to curb Kane and Eriksen,thats how worried he was about playing us,I wouldn't like to think when we started to prepare for the final,on a training pitch in Italy somewhere on a Friday morning.What's funny if you win the league cup you get into the europa cup and its the same competition that stops you have an equal chance of winning the league cup again if you reach the final,crazy.

We had chances first half,chelski had some but mainly set pieces,I think the reason MP picked Townsend and Chadli was to curb Hazard runs which to a point they did.I think we did ok,didn't have rub of the green,Chadli should have just headed the ball and Rose should have let the ball go for the first,Walker wasn't 100% so he was struggling for the second, they scored two deflective goals,i can't remember any time of the game we were under the cosh,infact it was a tight game,what we lacked was just a bit of luck and a bit of experience.

Their is hope,what empathised that was the last ten minutes,2 nil down,chelski had a chance to break away but Dembele ran back and picked the ball off Ramirez,he didn't need to that but he did,we fought till the end,we had numerous corners,how many times have we seen sides conceed a number of goals in the last ten minutes like what happened to us in the semi few years back.

I just hope now Levy will listen to the manager and he gets the gets the PLAYERS HE WANTS and not from some sort of committee.

fudging gutted.

The buildup to the day was great, have missed Wembley days out. But the game itself was a giant anticlimax, we were brick, Chelsea weren't great but completely stifled our only two threatening players (Kane and Eriksen). We huffed and puffed alot as usual but really lack quality.

Outclassed on the day. I'm not "proud" of the boys or any of that bollox, we lost a cup final to a detestable club who class us as their main rivals. It's sickening. Our players got drawn into the Costa mind games too. And why the fudge did Walker stay on? Was clearly not fit enough. He was rubbish for their second goal, not sure how much of that was down to his injury. He's so dumb sometimes.

We'll have to wait years until our next cup final mark my words. So frustrated we didn't do better yesterday.

fudgeing gutted.

The buildup to the day was great, have missed Wembley days out. But the game itself was a giant anticlimax, we were crud, Chelsea weren't great but completely stifled our only two threatening players (Kane and Eriksen). We huffed and puffed alot as usual but really lack quality.

Outclassed on the day. I'm not "proud" of the boys or any of that bollox, we lost a cup final to a detestable club who class us as their main rivals. It's sickening. Our players got drawn into the Costa mind games too. And why the fudge did Walker stay on? Was clearly not fit enough. He was rubbish for their second goal, not sure how much of that was down to his injury. He's so dumb sometimes.

We'll have to wait years until our next cup final mark my words. So frustrated we didn't do better yesterday.

We weren't outclassed - I think we dealt with Costa well and showed a nice bit of fight with him and we never got too involved.

Walker stayed on because our only other option was to stick Rose right back because moving Dier to right back (on a yellow) against Hazard would have been suicidal. We were 1-0 down at half time and he needed to stay on in order not to waste a sub going forwards. Walker showed a lot of heart to stay on when he clearly was struggling.

So overly negative - Chelsea are hands down the best team in the Prem and two deflected goals separated the teams. Nothing to be so livid about

We were mate. Dress it up however you like, Chelsea got their tactics spot on and as the game progressed they took more control.

Disagree wildly on the Walker thing. Yellow card or not having Dier there would have been preferable to Walker ambling around for periods and no doubt worsening his injury. It's down to the gaffer to tell Dier to be careful and not lunge in stupidly. Where on earth is this Yedlin kid? Or is he just an American mascot for the club?

Sometimes this season I have thought that watching us play is like watching paint dry, predictable and pedestrian, we get the ball into the final third and just stop, when we try and play the ball quicker we inevitably give it away and it comes straight back on our defence which gets caught with the fullbacks up the pitch, definitely needs tweaking, Chelsea did not need to carve us open time after time to win and they knew that, why didn't Dier get out quicker to close down Terry, why did Bentaleb not track Fabregas, small margins but to accept defeat without questioning why, never.

Agreed mate. The lack of objectivity on here is breathtaking.

Yes, BE, if we had scored first the game MAY have been different. But then again if my Grandmother had balls........

Back