• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley OMT ***

braineclipse

Willie Hall
White Hart Lane
Saturday, 20th December 2014

Tottenham vs. Burnley
tottenham-hotspur.png
vs.
burnley.png

COYS!

------------Lloris

Walker--Fazio--Verts--Rose

----Mason---Bentaleb

Eriksen---Kane---Chadli

----------Soldado

W3-1

Lloris; Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen; Kane, Soldado

subs: Vorm, Chiriches, Rose, Stambouli, Dembele, Townsend, Chadli

Lloris; Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies; Lamela, Mason, Bentaleb, Eriksen; Kane, Soldado

Do you not think this is the type of game we need to use Rose over Davies? Where we need width and assertiveness, over solidity and composure.

This coming from a Rose sceptic too.

Do you not think this is the type of game we need to use Rose over Davies? Where we need width and assertiveness, over solidity and composure.

I think Rose is better suited to open games where we get a lot of breaks. Up and down the flank with pace, space to get in behind.

Against Burnley I imagine we'll see a lot of the ball (they've averaged 42% possession, only Crystal Palace has less http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/4311/Stages/9155/TeamStatistics/England-Premier-League-2014-2015)

That should give Davies plenty of time to get forward and we'll need his quality on the ball more than we'll need the pace and energy of Rose to help our buildup and to deliver crosses from a bit deeper (little space to get in behind). I know it makes sense thinking that Davies is better defensively so he is better suited against the top teams, but I think his abilities on the ball are underrated and very important for a full back to make a telling impact going forward.

I like the team Rossi put up. Some fresh legs, Kane got subbed against toon and neither him or Eriksen had to run themselves into the ground. Perhaps Lennon for Lamela if Lennon is fit. Perhaps Chadli for Soldado moving Eriksen in behind Kane. But something there or thereabouts in terms of line-up would look good to me.

See if you can name these eight footballers who have played for Burnley FC and Tottenham Hotspur...

A8727_zpsfe57da50.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley Match History & Records 1903-2015

Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley Match History 1903-2015

Tottenham Hotspur host Burnley at White Hart Lane on Saturday 20th December 2014 (KO 15:00) in the 17th round of 2014-15 Premier League Matches.

Spurs come into the match in 7th place in the Table on 24 points, while Burnley are in 17th place on 15 points. This will be the 107th time the two teams have played each other.

Burnley were founded in 1882 when Burnley Rovers Rugby Club decided to switch codes to Association Football. They moved to Turf Moor in 1883 and became founder members of the Football League in 1888. They lost their Top Flight status when they were relegated to the Second Division in 1896-97. The club colours were changed from green & black to claret & sky blue for the 1910-11 season.

The first meeting with Tottenham Hotspur came in a friendly played in December 1903 which Spurs won 4-0. The clubs met in the first round (modern third round) of the FA Cup in January 1906 with Spurs winning 2-0 at White Hart Lane.

The first League meeting came in December 1908 in the Second Division with Spurs winning 4-2 at the Lane. Burnley won a replayed FA Cup third round game at Turf Moor 3-1 in February 1909. The reverse League game that season was won by Spurs 2-1 at Burnley.

The first Top Flight League meeting came in October 1913 with Burnley winning 3-1 on home soil. Spurs won the reverse fixture 2-0.

The clubs contested the 1921 Charity Shield with FA Cup Holders Spurs winning 2-0 at the Lane.

From 1913 to 1928 all League games between Spurs & Burnley were played in Division One but by the 1930s both clubs had been relegated to Division Two, where they remained until football resumed after World War Two.

The clubs were back playing each other in Division One for the 1950-51 season and all but two League meetings from then have been in the Top Flight.

Spurs won an FA Cup Semi-Final 3-0 against Burnley at Villa Park in March 1961 on their way to their third FA Cup win.

They met again in the 1962 Final at Wembley with Spurs winning 3-1 with goals from Danny Blanchflower, Bobby Smith and Jimmy Greaves.

There have been relatively few direct transfers between the two clubs but in the summer of 1971 England international Ralph Coates moved to Spurs from the Clarets for £190,000.

The first meeting in the Football League Cup came in the fifth round in 1983 with Burnley winning 4-1. A decade later, Spurs won a League Cup Semi-Final 3-1 over two legs. The clubs played a further two League Cup games before another Semi-Final was won by Spurs 6-4 on aggregate.

Burnley won promotion to the Premier League for the first time in season 2009-10 with Spurs winning 5-0 at the Lane in September with Robbie Keane scoring four goals, while Burnley won the return game 3-2 at Turf Moor.

Tottenham Hotspur have won 42 of the 106 games played so far with Burnley winning 40 and the remaining 24 matches ending in draws.

Last edited:

I ****ing hope not ...

I could see Stambouli getting a start

Anyone know Lennon's status?

I don't really mind, I like both. My team was just what I think it'll be, rather than what I want.

That would be my team as well, Lamela better not start

I don't think moving our most influential player out of position is a good idea.

I'd go with

Lloris
Walker -- Fazio -- Verts -- Davies
Mason -- Bentaleb
Chadli -- Kane -- Eriksen
Soldado

I think because Davies is the more defensive of Rose I thought he would start and Stambouli wouldn't. Only if we start with both Rose and Walker would I start Stambouli, and I think we can start without Stambouli and hope that we are not caught out without a DM but that our quick passing is enhanced going foward with Mason being alongside Bentaleb...this is all assuming that Burnley will not suck us in and hit us on the counter in the space between the CB and Mason/Bentaleb...

Mauricio on team news: "The most difficult job now is to pick the 18 players, that’s my job, but I’m happy because everyone is fully fit."

BTW, what a DISGUSTING OMT!!!

BE, WTF??!!??

Perhaos you just can't be bothered uploading an Avatar? :-k

;)

Coming from someone who thinks that the appropriate way to name people that are in two rows of four is clockwise I take that as a compliment! ;)

Hopefully I'll still be avatar free come Sunday night... :)

Mauricio on team news: "The most difficult job now is to pick the 18 players, that’s my job, but I’m happy because everyone is fully fit."

I think Serie A have the right idea having 11 players to choose from on the bench.

Back