• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Burnley F.C. *** OMT

well man c never. they hardly had a shot against them and had to dive to try get a pen.
anyway a clean sheet. so lets drop the 3 players that helped us and bring in lloris and verts. 2 players that not kept a clean sheet since december

Good reply, but we needed to beat Burnley a loss would not really have left us in a worse position than a draw, I still maintain tactically we are woeful.

Call me controversial, but I don't see a massive difference in overall quality between Poch, AVB, Redknapp, Sherwood etc.
Massive difference mate between the quality Redknapp had at his disposal and the others, although AVB did have arguably the third best player in the world at his disposal. Where we are finishing now and where we finished last season is where imo we should be finishing based on the current quality of our squad. Tim was heavily reliant on Ade during his period in charge. Imo he would have struggled this season if he couldn't get Ade firing like last season.

To those that watched the game yesterday:

1) How did Chiriches play and how was his overall game compared to Vertonghen's in the last month?
2) Were the defence more solid overall compared to recent games or were Burnley wasteful in their finishing?
3) Do Mason and Bentaleb actually look tired or are they playing the same they have always done and are the opposition are just exploiting their weaknesses better?

1) How did Chiriches play and how was his overall game compared to Vertonghen's in the last month?
2) Were the defence more solid overall compared to recent games or were Burnley wasteful in their finishing?
3) Do Mason and Bentaleb actually look tired or are they playing the same they have always done and are the opposition are just exploiting their weaknesses better?

1) Chiriches done ok, looked better at right back, takes tremendous risks when on the ball imo.
2) Defence done ok especially considering the revamp after the loss of Walker.
3) I think these two are a weakness and always have, playing one or the other with a proper experienced DM would help, both awful on Sunday but defence held firm against a Burnley also lacking in creation.
4) I though Vorm was solid.

Was away and watched inpub with my old man. I haven't read this thread as I don't want to go through the misery and boredom again.

Suffice it to say that I didn't have a favourite Spurs player

PS .. didn't Defoe do well??

PPS ....... can't get Pritchard back soon enough

1) Chiriches done ok, looked better at right back, takes tremendous risks when on the ball imo.
2) Defence done ok especially considering the revamp after the loss of Walker.
3) I think these two are a weakness and always have, playing one or the other with a proper experienced DM would help, both awful on Sunday but defence held firm against a Burnley also lacking in creation.
4) I though Vorm was solid.

I can't dance with any of that that's how I saw it as well.

Very disappointed with the performance and result. This must be one of the most boring matches I have ever seen. It was so boring and lacked any action that I almost fell asleep watching it. We have virtually thrown away any chance we had of finishing in top 4 now. It is really annoying that we always tend to struggle against shyte teams. It has cost us many valuable points this season.

I think Pochettino has to take the large part of the blame. He failed to inspire us in this match. Firstly, it was annoying to see him starting the same midfield combination of Mason-Bentaleb which had been unconvincing in previous matches. Dembele and Stambouli should have started instead. Mason and Bentaleb makes too many mistakes that put our defence under pressure. Thought it was also a mistake to make Kane as captain. It only put undue pressure on Kane as he failed to show the same impact he showed in previous matches. He didn't get any clear cut chances to score but he was also missing for large part of the match. Also, Lamela should have started this match as he made a positive impact when he came on. Thought it was a mistake to replace Chadli as he was the only one looking likely to score.

It was good to see us keep a clean sheet after so long. But we were very fortunate to keep one. Burnley had many chances to score but was unlucky not to score atleast one. Still not convinced of Vorm in goal but atleast he can claim to have kept a clean sheet. Very disappointed Pochettino didn't start Fazio in place of Vertonghen. Chiriches and Dier makes too many mistakes. But fortunately for us, Burnley didn't make use of that.

We have simply wasted so many valuable points to bottom teams this season. It is really annoying to see us beat teams like Arsenal and Chelsea but fail to beat teams like Burnley. Just can't see us finishing in top 4 now.

Massive difference mate between the quality Redknapp had at his disposal and the others, although AVB did have arguably the third best player in the world at his disposal. Where we are finishing now and where we finished last season is where imo we should be finishing based on the current quality of our squad. Tim was heavily reliant on Ade during his period in charge. Imo he would have struggled this season if he couldn't get Ade firing like last season.

Difference being that, at least imo, there's now a lot more potential for improvement in the current squad due to the age of the players and their commitment to the club (at least short term). Some of the previous results have been built on much more short term solutions, like Adebayor having a hot run of form last season etc.

1. Chiriches did fine.

2. More protection for the back 4 imo. Paulinho in made a difference and we looked more diligent defensively all over the pitch. Difficult to compare directly with recent performances for the back 4 in isolation.

3. Perhaps tired. Perhaps just inconsistent because of age, lack of experience etc. Too many easy passes misplaced, not enough quality shown on the ball, not enough movement.

City losing makes not going all out for the win hurt even more.

I don't think that was a tactical choice. Not like we played for the draw. Just that the players failed to raise their game sufficiently to dominate.

I don't think that was a tactical choice. Not like we played for the draw. Just that the players failed to raise their game sufficiently to dominate.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps, they certainly looked tired, I would have started with Dembele and Mason also Lamela, Townsend I would have started with he must have been buzzing after his England goal.

Back