• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v West Brom OMT ***

Seedy Ron

Nick Barmby
The Hawthorns
Saturday 5th December, 3pm

_77726380_tottenhammascot_getty.jpg

Versus

tumblr_inline_n01gs0DKFm1qcrt7k.jpg

rooster fight.

I'm not actually sure who would win. Chirpy looks like he might be more athletic, but I'd say that their fella has a weight advantage.

It needs badgers though:

West-Bromwich-Albion-coach-Gerry-Francis-watches-the-match-at-Everton.png

Gerry Francis says West Bromwich Albion will look to exploit Tottenham Hotspur's high-pressing and expansive game when the sides meet on Saturday.

Albion employed counter-attack tactics to great effect in the 2-1 Hawthorns win against Arsenal last month.

And West Brom's first team coach hopes a similar ploy will work wonders against his former club Spurs, and Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool a week on Sunday.

"I've been very impressed with Tottenham this year," Francis said.

"They've played well, they're a young side, they've got a really good chance of getting in the top four so that will be a difficult game.

"You have to work out a game plan on the basis of what you've got.

"Liverpool and Tottenham are very good attacking sides, they push forward with their full-backs and leave some space in behind.

"If you've got the pace to get in behind when you've got the turnover, you can utilise playing into the channels and causing teams problems.

"We got our second goal against Arsenal playing that same way with Salomon running into the channels.

"Certainly we'll be looking at trying to counter-attack against these teams.

"At the same time you've got to concentrate for 90 minutes as a defensive set-up because they've got such good players and are so good going forward."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-coach-gerry-francis-10536840

I'd rotate a couple for this one:

---------------Lloris
Walker---Wimmer---Verts---Rose
------------Alli-----Dier
Lamela-----Eriksen-----Dembele
---------------Son

---------------Lloris
---------------Son

Away to West Brom after a week off?

Harry has to start, I wouldn't touch the Jan/Toby pairing, Lamela or Son would come down to what Poch sees in training this week.

I'd expect the rotation for the Monaco game

---------------Lloris
---------------Son

That makes zero sense. A week off and probably light training - first 11 should play on Saturday and then rest players for Monaco. Monaco is something of dead-rubber - only thing it dictates is whether we finish 1st or 2nd in the group....but its not clear-cut that you'll get a harder game if you finish second, or even that we'd lose against Monaco.

Against WBA I would play:

---------------Lloris

Walker---Toby---Verts---Rose

-------Dembele-----Dier

---Son------Eriksen-----Alli

-----------------Kane

And then against Monaco:

---------------Lloris

Trippier---Wimmer---Verts---Davies

-------Mason-----Bentaleb

--Lamela----Onomah-----Son

----------------Njie-----------

That makes zero sense. A week off and probably light training - first 11 should play on Saturday and then rest players for Monaco. Monaco is something of dead-rubber - only thing it dictates is whether we finish 1st or 2nd in the group....but its not clear-cut that you'll get a harder game if you finish second, or even that we'd lose against Monaco.

Against WBA I would play:

---------------Lloris

Walker---Toby---Verts---Rose

-------Dembele-----Dier

---Son------Eriksen-----Alli

-----------------Kane

And then against Monaco:

---------------Lloris

Trippier---Wimmer---Verts---Davies

-------Mason-----Bentaleb

--Lamela----Onomah-----Son

----------------Njie-----------

You are forgetting that we have a far more important game the following Thursday that will determine whether we finish first or second in our Europa League group :rolleyes:

You are forgetting that we have a far more important game the following Thursday that will determine whether we finish first or second in our Europa League group :rolleyes:

Not worth wasting our time with league games either as come january all the clubs submit their bank balances to the league and points get handed out accordingly :p

Away to West Brom after a week off?

Harry has to start, I wouldn't touch the Jan/Toby pairing, Lamela or Son would come down to what Poch sees in training this week.

I'd expect the rotation for the Monaco game

Our December fixtures are our easiest run of the season. We should use it as opportunity to rest Kane, Alder and Verts in particular, so they don't get burnt out and buckle in the spring.

Back