• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast Big Club ***

You may be right.
Last night on Netflix I watched Episode 2 of 'Bad Sport' which followed the Calciopoli investigation, tapping Juventus DoF Moggi's phones as he arranged which referees should referee each game and which players should get cards and ensuring referees gave them favourable decisions and ensuring the referee and linesman that correctly ruled out a goal for Juve were banned for 2 games and then banished to the lower leagues.
Yea I saw that one, does make you wonder doesn’t it?!

At least we know for absolute certain that Paratici hasn’t been getting up to anything naughty like that with us yet.

I don’t understand why people are calling for Ndombele, he has been fudging brick and lazy since we signed him, why should he be rewarded with an appearance? He would have been just as brick as everyone else.

Hindsight is wonderful thing
Because that pass for the first goal against Pool. You put him in not to pull up trees, but for that one moment. Especially when the opposition is down to 10 men.

That being said, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes and why a sub that seems obvious to us is not one made by Conte.

I think sometimes you just have to say that bad luck is the master at work. We had bad luck yesterday with the decisions. No way on any planet is that a foul on the keeper (Taylor just needs to keep quiet two seconds longer and not even VAR could fudge that call surely) and the offside? Well, it was wrong. By their own decree of application for this season, Kane's armpit was onside. Other sides around us will drop points and suffer (Chelski today). City are the only ones who seem to be immune.

Could not agree more, just watched the game again and confirmed my opinion that we should have won that easy and deserved to.

Dele was playing in midfield. Conte stated that in his post match press conference.

That was my impression from the game too.

Came back into a midfield three fairly clearly I thought, but had all of the freedom to roam forward as the other two in midfield weren't going to do that much at all. Made it look like a front three at times when attacking, but more a midfield three overall for me.

The dichotomy between midfielder and attacker isn't always as clear as numerical formation descriptions can make it seem.

Came back into a midfield three fairly clearly I thought, but had all of the freedom to roam forward as the other two in midfield weren't going to do that much at all. Made it look like a front three at times when attacking, but more a midfield three overall for me.

The dichotomy between midfielder and attacker isn't always as clear as numerical formation descriptions can make it seem.
It was exactly this.

Exactly. So why get so hung up on my putatative formation! It could just as easily morph into 3-5-2, 3-5-1-1, or 3-4-3 with Son and Moura tucking in, or just Moura. Extremely flexible. The constant is three at the back with wingbacks.

In addition, why be hamstrung with what works for others? We need to finfpd a way of playing that works for the players we have ( or will buy). For example, Alf Ramsay didn't do too bad with a (then) revolutionary way of playing without wingers in a 4-3-3.

I see you would like us to sign a new cf. So where would you play him and in what formation with our current players?

Exactly. So why get so hung up on my putatative formation! It could just as easily morph into 3-5-2, 3-5-1-1, or 3-4-3 with Son and Moura tucking in, or just Moura. Extremely flexible. The constant is three at the back with wingbacks.

In addition, why be hamstrung with what works for others? We need to finfpd a way of playing that works for the players we have ( or will buy). For example, Alf Ramsay didn't do too bad with a (then) revolutionary way of playing without wingers in a 4-3-3.

I see you would like us to sign a new cf. So where would you play him and in what formation with our current players?

Is this in response to my question about how to play with a target man?

I think playing with one central midfielder will be bad most of the time however you present it. Will continue to think that until someone shows me that it can work.

I'd want someone that can play more or less in the Lucas role and as the central striker. Preferably someone that can also play with either Kane or Son in a tweet. Options, backup.

Alternatively a straight backup/rotation option for Kane, option as one of the two in a front two.

A fairly well rounded player would be best, mix of different qualities. Some versatility. Usually not found in players that are really tall and strong, unless they also happen to be fantastic, which probably won't happen.

Back