• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Scumball Wanderers***

WgvlXm1.jpg

I can only see maps on there like the above
It's like a particularly bad Andy Warhol.

Is there a stat anywhere on how many times that Arsenal's keeper went long compared to how many times Lloris did?

That should give us pretty definitive evidence on whether we were actually instructed to play a press or not.

I have seen some comments that Arsenal's own pressing game destroyed our own game plan and while it may have forced us to go long a lot more often from Lloris, it wouldn't stop us from forcing them to do the same when the ball went back to their own keeper.

I think it is evident that despite picking a bunch of attacking players we settled into a mid to low block. I think Jose 's game plan was to try to catch them on the break.
FWIW...

82FC34C1-C04D-4E7F-9B5D-72F2E863CB94.jpeg 9C6F1E1F-4E56-4611-BE5E-425F4A639906.jpeg

From https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/stats-zone/id1325189497

Disappointing performance and result but not really surprised. We rarely turn up in away games against the big teams, especially Arsenal. Remember we were once humiliated 2-5 at Arsenal twice in 2012 ! So, this result is nothing new to us. The only thing worth remembering from this match is Lamela's brilliant rabona goal to put us 1-0 ahead. But too bad our defending were so bad that we conceded soon afterwards. Dissapointingly for Lamela, he got 2 quick yellow cards to get send off in the second half. This was Lamela's first ever red card since joining us. Normally Lamela knows how to protect himself after getting a yellow card but this time he let his guard down after scoring the wonder goal ! I think apart from Lamela and Moura, the rest of the players didnt turn up. Sanchez made yet another costly mistake to give away the stupid penalty. Annoyingly, we only came alive in the last 10 minutes of the match but it was too late by then. Kane scored but was rightly ruled offside. But he had 2 freekicks to score from but wasted them yet again.

Arsenal got in repeatly down our right where Doherty and Bale were.
7 days later Mourinho has dropped Doherty and Bale from the first 11.
The only two other changes are Son out with injury and Alderweireld with sickness.
Is Mourinho a tactical genius making these changes a week later?

Back