• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Rennes *** *POSTPONED*

skysports-tottenham-audi-cup_4732962.jpg
And someone was saying Eriksen didn’t have as many happy memories for us as he did with Inter…

Can't help but see this as a positive.

It's also a bit of my favourite buttplug. Postpone a winnable game due to Covid, kicked out.

Got to love the club lawyers - 12 point deduction overturned, West Ham not allowed to sit in the same postcode as their pitch for the next 100 years. Lets see what happens here - get the winners' revenue without playing another game?
Wasn't the 12 point deduction under the previous regime at the club?

I suspect we'll get fcuk all out of this just as we got fcuk all when promising all sorts of legal action when the PL chief ordered that we play the Lasagna-gate game against West Ham while he was being entertained by David Dein at Highbury before the PL doctor had even had a chance to assess the Spurs players.

Following the cancellation of our Europa Conference League fixture against Stade Rennais, we shall issue you a refund equal to one third of the full price of your Group Stage package.

The refund will be issued to the debit or credit card used to make the original three-game purchase, excluding fees. Refunds will be processed in the next 48 hours and may take up to five working days to appear in your account.

You do not need to do anything. If we cannot process your refund, we shall contact you to arrange it.

Please note, Ticketing Points have been applied for the two previous Europa Conference League Group Stage home matches you attended and will not be applied for the cancelled Stade Rennais fixture.

Time to use our bonce.

If allowed, rearrange the Brighton and Burnley games for the two midweeks we were due to be in the 2-legged play-off.

The Leicester game could be played in Jan if we both bow out of the League Cup on Wednesday, failing that a midweek in April when their fixtures start to clog up as they progress deeper in the Conference Cup

We should have qualified well before this anyway, still a trophy and a winnable one. Far easier than winning a domestic cup.
At the outset we all probably thought we'd win our group. Reality was we made hard work of most games, and even before the Covid Rennes cancellation we'd limited ourselves to a best placed finish of 2nd in the group, which carries 2 extra games we could well do without....I'm glad we're out and actually saved ourselves from playing 1 scheduled game.

It is weird to be relieved to be out, but that's really how it is. The squad needs all the time they can get to be fully prepared for a genuine push upwards in the league, and this will ease the fixture congestion a bit.

I only wish we hadn't accepted the ruling just like that, it would have been interesting to see Daniel and a phalanx of lawyers take on the rotten corpse that is UEFA on this, demanding financial retributions but accepting to remain out of the tournament.
The potential earnings probably aren't worth the legal expense.

Happy to be out, never wanted to be in it in the first place. Gives Conte extra time on the coaching field.

Following the cancellation of our Europa Conference League fixture against Stade Rennais, we shall issue you a refund equal to one third of the full price of your Group Stage package.

The refund will be issued to the debit or credit card used to make the original three-game purchase, excluding fees. Refunds will be processed in the next 48 hours and may take up to five working days to appear in your account.

You do not need to do anything. If we cannot process your refund, we shall contact you to arrange it.

Please note, Ticketing Points have been applied for the two previous Europa Conference League Group Stage home matches you attended and will not be applied for the cancelled Stade Rennais fixture.
Could we keep this quiet from the 3 other people I got tickets for please, I'm sure they won't remember otherwise. Mind you it's only about £17 each I suppose, so not exactly going to cover my NYE booze

The potential earnings probably aren't worth the legal expense.

Happy to be out, never wanted to be in it in the first place. Gives Conte extra time on the coaching field.

Factor One in Daniel Levy's considerations.

Factor Two would be hearing Conte insist that we can earn a top four placing with more coaching time available. Just the widespread improvement in current squad players is sufficient evidence that what he's saying is beliveable.

Even if we won the Conference League, all that would earn us is a trophy whose prestige sits just above the Intertoto Cup and a place in the Europa League. If Conte's right - and he's looking good so far - then far better to marshall remaining resources to fight for a top four placing. Even if we miss narrowly, well, we've aimed high, pleasing Billy Nick's ghost. And we get Europa League anyway. Which works for Levy. Hate to lose the co-efficient points this season, but we are showing more than enough to get back to Europe next season and make up for missing points.,

At the outset we all probably thought we'd win our group. Reality was we made hard work of most games, and even before the Covid Rennes cancellation we'd limited ourselves to a best placed finish of 2nd in the group, which carries 2 extra games we could well do without....I'm glad we're out and actually saved ourselves from playing 1 scheduled game.

We should have given it more respect, time and again we put out weak sides in cup competitions and wonder why we never win anything, not going to get a winning mentality when we pick and choose. City don't seem to mind the League Cup, Chelsea have gone all out for Europa league etc and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.

We should have given it more respect, time and again we put out weak sides in cup competitions and wonder why we never win anything, not going to get a winning mentality when we pick and choose. City don't seem to mind the League Cup, Chelsea have gone all out for Europa league etc and it doesn't seem to do them any harm.
It's been a while since we have taken these 'lower' European competitions seriously so my expectations are low. But to bemoan that we put out weak teams and compare it to City and Chelsea's approach is somewhat overlooking the financial differences and squad depth and quality that brings

It's been a while since we have taken these 'lower' European competitions seriously so my expectations are low. But to bemoan that we put out weak teams and compare it to City and Chelsea's approach is somewhat overlooking the financial differences and squad depth and quality that brings

Pretty sure both rotate heavily in early rounds too

If we can show proof that we didn't have enough players according to the special covid rule or were forced to shut down due to local or national regulations, we should have a strong case. It then comes down to Rennes being uncooperative about rescheduling.

Back