• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Rennes *** *POSTPONED*

Exactly.

Uefa have set a very dangerous precedent now. Would be interesting to see what would happen to a team that had won 1-0 or 2-1 in the 1st leg of a knockout tie and then catch covid before the 2nd leg, but the oppostion are unable to play on the suggested rearranged dates.

There's now no incentive for any team to reschedule, just say you can't play and get a 3-0 victory.

Exactly.

Uefa have set a very dangerous precedent now. Would be interesting to see what would happen to a team that had won 1-0 or 2-1 in the 1st leg of a knockout tie and then catch covid before the 2nd leg, but the oppostion are unable to play on the suggested rearranged dates.

Wasn't it the 31 December cut-off for the group games that was the issue here? Do the knock-out rounds have a similar cut-off concept (apart from maybe games having to be played before the following round begins)? If not, then there's probably no specific rule that would lead to a game being forfeited.
I could see the group rule (assuming it applies to EL and CL too) being modified to allow some level of discretion in time for next season. Which of course is typically the way things seem to work with us and UEFA.

Exactly.

Or if you won your first leg 4-0 and wanted a way to reduce your fixture pile up. Sprinkle some lemon juice on some tests and bingo.

Really disappointing - we should have won this competition

Wonder if we'll get refunds on the tickets?
I am very sad that we are out of this competition. We should have done better and taken this more serious. It was a good chance to win a trophy. It also makes us laughing stock. Top 4 is not a trophy. Additional money - boo hoo.

My best memory this century remains King lifting up the Carling Cup. Second best Spurs trumping Ajax last minute to reach CL final. This generation of Spurs players have won nothing club wise.

Wasn't it the 31 December cut-off for the group games that was the issue here? Do the knock-out rounds have a similar cut-off concept (apart from maybe games having to be played before the following round begins)? If not, then there's probably no specific rule that would lead to a game being forfeited.
I could see the group rule (assuming it applies to EL and CL too) being modified to allow some level of discretion in time for next season. Which of course is typically the way things seem to work with us and UEFA.

Not sure, but once the knockout stages starts the gap between rounds is only about 2/3 weeks, so I would have thought there is less time to squeeze in a rearranged fixture, we had from Dec 9th until around mid-Jan to fit a match in. Even with the French break it could have easily have been fitted in somehow, if they wanted to,....

Personally I am not bothered we have been kicked out of the Conference.

However, supposing Man Utd, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG or Chelsea were unable to fulfil their last group stage match in the Champions League due to COVID and they were unable to reschedule it before the 31st December due to their busy schedule, and it resulted in them being knocked out of Europe - do you think UEFA would not find a way to accommodate the big hitters? I think they would, and that is what makes it unjust.

Exactly.

A team could effectively be forced to play rather than isolate, spreading disease.

Last edited:
I am very sad that we are out of this competition. We should have done better and taken this more serious. It was a good chance to win a trophy. It also makes us laughing stock. Top 4 is not a trophy. Additional money - boo hoo.

My best memory this century remains King lifting up the Carling Cup. Second best Spurs trumping Ajax last minute to reach CL final. This generation of Spurs players have won nothing club wise.

skysports-tottenham-audi-cup_4732962.jpg

I genuinely couldn’t give less bricks about this. I would be more concerned if I ran out of beer at Christmas (and I don’t really drink much)!

The competition is an absolute farce anyway, we will have enough of a fixture pile up without having to squeeze these games in.

Yes, its an opportunity to win a trophy, but I would prefer a League Cup if I had to choose between the two.

There's now no incentive for any team to reschedule, just say you can't play and get a 3-0 victory.

Do we actually know Rennes are the issue - if the 31st was the cut off I’m not sure when it could have been played

PL could have helped, but refused by not cancelling the Leicester game till late

The Audi Cup has as much prestige as the Interto…Conference Cup. Happy to be out of it to give the squad less risk of fixture congestion. They will also have more time to train together ahead of matches. I do think it’s wrong though that we are punished for following mandated instruction.

brick competition and if we ever qualify for it, use it for the U20s. brick. Move on.

And damaged their confidence and give all the usual moaners a chance to rip players apart? Should have set out to win games, get points in bag instead of "they're only xxxxxx, any old team can beat them" plan. It still amazes me so many people think you can throw a bunch of players together who aren't good enough for the first team and believe they will be able to beat an established team who are playing a massive game for their club.

Back