• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur v Norwich City **

Didn't we struggle quite a bit with them in our home game? I seem to remember them pressuring us all over the park causing us all kinds of trouble. From looking at Norwich forums, it looks like they don't really think they stand a snowball's chance in hell, but football is football.

Didn't we struggle quite a bit with them in our home game? I seem to remember them pressuring us all over the park causing us all kinds of trouble. From looking at Norwich forums, it looks like they don't really think they stand a snowball's chance in hell, but football is football.
Last night I re-watched the MotD highlights of Leicester vs Norwich. They created loads of chances -- Pukki alone should have had at least two before half time.

Leicester sorted themselves out in the second half and scored three, thanks mainly to Steptoe. However, Norwich were dangerous and really should have been ahead.

If our lot start slow on Sunday, they could easily go behind...and that's when the pressure will ramp up. We absolutely CANNOT take this one for granted.

This made me laugh out loud - a very rational statement and sentiment - speaking to the most irrational people in the world...football fans...and probably even more irrational, spurs fans.

The amazing thing about football, is that we invest so much emotionally into something that we have absolutely no control over.

Long may it continue

I had started betting on Arsenal games to jinx them this year (unfortunately/fortunately) have accumulated 200 quid in my betting account.

Carry On.

My wayward son.

Last night I re-watched the MotD highlights of Leicester vs Norwich. They created loads of chances -- Pukki alone should have had at least two before half time.

Leicester sorted themselves out in the second half and scored three, thanks mainly to Steptoe. However, Norwich were dangerous and really should have been ahead.

If our lot start slow on Sunday, they could easily go behind...and that's when the pressure will ramp up. We absolutely CANNOT take this one for granted.
Exactly, and this is what some seem to not be able to comprehend - how quickly any game of football can change in an instant. There’s a lot of ‘Conte will have them mentally prepared’ and all this sort of thing, as if that means we are guaranteed to just turn up and do the business. Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure Conte has prepared us meticulously in the same way for every game and often our lot have flopped. Of course we should do it, but we have all seen final day drama over the years and when there are things at stake whether it be title, relegation or whatever between a couple of teams it doesn’t usually just all go one way for 90 minutes - it ebbs and flows between the two or more games as to who has the advantage, so those thinking we are just going to cruise into the Champions League might just be mistaken….

Exactly, and this is what some seem to not be able to comprehend - how quickly any game of football can change in an instant. There’s a lot of ‘Conte will have them mentally prepared’ and all this sort of thing, as if that means we are guaranteed to just turn up and do the business. Forgive me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure Conte has prepared us meticulously in the same way for every game and often our lot have flopped. Of course we should do it, but we have all seen final day drama over the years and when there are things at stake whether it be title, relegation or whatever between a couple of teams it doesn’t usually just all go one way for 90 minutes - it ebbs and flows between the two or more games as to who has the advantage, so those thinking we are just going to cruise into the Champions League might just be mistaken….

We need to physically and mentally turn up for sure. Norwich has no pressure on them, and would want to play into that as much as they can. I do believe an early goal from us can break them though, but we must under no circumstance concede early - then all hell would surely break lose.

Don't suppose Norwich have an injury crisis or sickness bug going around this week? I could really do with this being easier than I know we will make it

I just can't bring myself to bet against us. The most I have ever done that goes against our interest is a BTTS and I don't even do that anymore. I wish I could but my betting is always heart over head. Explains why my bets don't come in that often I suppose :(

... Although I do have an e/w on Sonny to get the Golden Boot. It will probably be a draw and PP will void the bet knowing my luck.

I nearly did it for the CL Final. Liverpool were 8/15 to win. I was tempted to bet £1000 on them.

Would I pay £1000 to see Tottenham win the big one? That was the question

They also give up a lot of chances. The xG against them in the last 10 games is around 2.0, which is ridiculously high. So even if they score, were sure to score a few too.

I'm seriously terrified of this game biting us on the arse. The thought of us stuffing this up and the scum going through to qualify will break me.

We go into this like we did the north London derby and we win. It’s a much bigger game however, Champions league qualification will be an unexpected step forward.

It’s just great to have this sort of jeopardy at the end of the season.

You really have got to love it. Laughing at Arsenal is just a bit of welcome fun- it’s not what this is all about.

Back