• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco OMT ***

Yiddo

Cecil Poynton
2dr51fp.jpg

I would not go with a full11 changes, possibly 6 or 7. Al itlle consistency is key

Lloris; Davies,Wimmer,Alderweireld,Trippier; Carroll,Alli; Son,Eriksen,Lamela; Onomah

It doesn't matter if we finish 1st or 2nd in the group. There are equally tough teams in both the seeded and unseeded parts of the draw. I mean top the group and face the likes of Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Leverkusen or Galatasaray.

I don't buy into the consistency argument.
Treat it as an u21 game. The results of the u21s hardly affect the performance of our first team do they?
And its not as if we are in great form at the moment anyway.

Poch should prepare for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and leave this game to Ugo Ehiogu.

Bit small time that Modric, the type of thing West Ham and Bolton have done in European competitions - not sure you'd find the type of clubs we hope to emulate one day sending out their u21 team and their under 21 manager in a senior fixture, a totally unrealistic expectation.

We'll most likely rotate, but still send out a competitive side, similar to the Arsenal League Cup game id have thought.

Rest most of the team. This line-up still has 8 internationals:

--------------------------Lloris------------------------------

--Trippier-------CCV----------Wimmer---------Davies---

------------------Mason----------Bentaleb---------------

----------Son-----------Onomah---------Townsend

---------------------------Njie---------------------

Bit small time that Modric, the type of thing West Ham and Bolton have done in European competitions - not sure you'd find the type of clubs we hope to emulate one day sending out their u21 team and their under 21 manager in a senior fixture, a totally unrealistic expectation.

We'll most likely rotate, but still send out a competitive side, similar to the Arsenal League Cup game id have thought.
Exactly, look how that worked out for Rodgers in the CL

Well we had the players rested for a whole week vs WBA and look how we performed, play the majority of the big guns....

-------------lloris
trippier-----toby-----vert----davies
----------dier-----alli
---lamela-----carroll-----n'jie
--------------son

When the draw was made with the trip to Baku 3 days before the Chelsea game people on here said its fine we'll leave the first team at home.
When the first team were shown flying out there people said its fine we'll win this and then we able to rest everyone against Monaco.
I'm now waiting for "its fine games like these are good experience for Dier and Alli." And "Kane could do with getting on the scoresheet again". "The young players aren't ready if Poch says so". And "its important he win the group it sends a message." And "this will give us confidence for Sunday". "This will improve Poch's win ratio."

If Ferguson could get away with starting the likes of Nick Powell, Scott Wootten, Joshua King and Danny Simpson in the CL I we can do a Intertoto 95 again on Thursday.

When the draw was made with the trip to Baku 3 days before the Chel53a game people on here said its fine we'll leave the first team at home.
When the first team were shown flying out there people said its fine we'll win this and then we able to rest everyone against Monaco.
I'm now waiting for "its fine games like these are good experience for Dier and Alli." And "Kane could do with getting on the scoresheet again". "The young players aren't ready if Poch says so". And "its important he win the group it sends a message." And "this will give us confidence for Sunday". "This will improve Poch's win ratio."

If Ferguson could get away with starting the likes of Nick Powell, Scott Wootten, Joshua King and Danny Simpson in the CL I we can do a Intertoto 95 again on Thursday.

People say a lot of things, go figure

People also demanded a first XI against a rotated Arsenal team in the third round of the league cup sandwiched between two league games and then cried blue murder because we rotated - whatever happens someone will have wanted the opposite.

I can get on board with most opinions, even if i disagree, but suggesting we don't take a competitive game seriously because it's inconvienient is not something i can imagine ever understanding.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if we finish 1st or 2nd in the group. There are equally tough teams in both the seeded and unseeded parts of the draw. I mean top the group and face the likes of Dortmund, Monchengladbach, Leverkusen or Galatasaray.

I don't buy into the consistency argument.
Treat it as an u21 game. The results of the u21s hardly affect the performance of our first team do they?
And its not as if we are in great form at the moment anyway.

Poch should prepare for Saudi Sportswashing Machine and leave this game to Ugo Ehiogu.

I agree with you on this one :)

-----------------------------Lloris------------------------------

Trippier----------Toby----------------Wimmer--------Davies

-------------------Dembele-----------------Carroll-------------

N'Jie-----------------------Onomah-------------------Townsend

--------------------------------Son---------------------------------

Sod the result, we've qualified.

I think we def need to rest Kane, Verts, Moussa, Walker, Rose and Dier.

I'd like to see him play a front four of Njie, Eriksen, Townsend and Son as you would at least have movement with that front four. Bring in Carroll with Alli (who needs to play IMO). Tripper and Davies.

We shall see what he does, but a shame that Bentaleb, Mason an Chadli are injured because this is precisely the sort of game where you could rotate.

I'd add Toby to that, and subtract Mousa - don't want Toby get burned out heading into the second half of the season. However, I don' t think we have much choice when it comes to playing him: play Fazio and Wimmer and we'll probably lose, whereas we stand a fair chance with Toby + someone.

When it comes to Mousa, I'm not sure, I think we'll have enough heft in the central midfield once Bentaleb returns to cope with resting Mousa then. Now, if it's a choice of playing Alli, Dier or Mousa, I'd go with Dembele.

I'd like to see him play a front four of Njie, Eriksen, Townsend and Son as you would at least have movement with that front four. Bring in Carroll with Alli (who needs to play IMO). Tripper and Davies.

We shall see what he does, but a shame that Bentaleb, Mason an Chadli are injured because this is precisely the sort of game where you could rotate.

Mixed rotation is what i would like to see as well, the guts depends on who needs it really - Kane/Eriksen/Toby &Jan from my perspective are the ones which would need it most

I agree but mixed rotation with fringe players getting game time is different from the no first teamers approach that @Modric THFC appears to be arguing for.

Back