• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City*** OMT

They have no idea of the history of football, or they choose to ignore.

They sing 'He's won more than you. He's won more than you. Jamie Vardy. He's won more than you'

Well. I have to be honest, I dont remember Fleetwood or Leicester City picking up 2 League Titles or 8 FA Cups, without going into League Cups and European trophies.

Now if they added "...in the last 10 years" Yes, I would give them that

They sing "Champions of England, you'll never sing that". Thick as you like.

Another member of the fun police here - the more I watch it, the more for the life of me I can’t understand how the equaliser was not ruled out for a Doherty handball.

VAR police-in-chief @milo - can you explain this one for us? Is there a quirk in the rules I’m missing? For me, it hit his hand and went directly to Bergwijn who scored. Hadn’t the rule changed to cover this kind of incident?

Apologies all! I just can’t get my head around the fact that we’ve been the beneficiaries what looks like a fairly clear offence.

One more positive thing - I haven’t seen it mentioned yet but Bergwijn made a lovely touch to Kane in the build up to the equaliser before the Hojbjerg pass to Doherty. It really kept the attack flowing.
His arms were in front of his stomach, the ball was blasted at him from 1 foot away, his arms didn’t move, if it doesn’t hit them then it hits his stomach.

Would be one hell of a quirk in the rules or VAR to class that as handball!

They sing 'He's won more than you. He's won more than you. Jamie Vardy. He's won more than you'

Well. I have to be honest, I dont remember Fleetwood or Leicester City picking up 2 League Titles or 8 FA Cups, without going into League Cups and European trophies.

You'd think they'd know how we won the double though.

His arms were in front of his stomach, the ball was blasted at him from 1 foot away, his arms didn’t move, if it doesn’t hit them then it hits his stomach.

Would be one hell of a quirk in the rules or VAR to class that as handball!
So the point is that they’re not in an unnatural position? That makes sense, I think I’d forgotten that part of the definition, although I thought there was something about it hitting any part of arm and directly leading to a goal added to the rule. Is this just for the scorer?

So the point is that they’re not in an unnatural position? That makes sense, I think I’d forgotten that part of the definition, although I thought there was something about it hitting any part of arm and directly leading to a goal added to the rule. Is this just for the scorer?

I believe they changed that particular rule this season. It also came up in the recent match against Liverpool, when Salah handballed in the build up.

I’m not sure what the letter of the law says anymore, they seem to change it all the time. As we’ve seen with offsides as well the laws of the game as they stand aren’t fit for purpose.

Ultimately though, in the spirit of the game, if we are giving handball for that on Doherty then we may as well all pack up and go home.

Another member of the fun police here - the more I watch it, the more for the life of me I can’t understand how the equaliser was not ruled out for a Doherty handball.

VAR police-in-chief @milo - can you explain this one for us? Is there a quirk in the rules I’m missing? For me, it hit his hand and went directly to Bergwijn who scored. Hadn’t the rule changed to cover this kind of incident?

Apologies all! I just can’t get my head around the fact that we’ve been the beneficiaries what looks like a fairly clear offence.

One more positive thing - I haven’t seen it mentioned yet but Bergwijn made a lovely touch to Kane in the build up to the equaliser before the Hojbjerg pass to Doherty. It really kept the attack flowing.

Yes. It's a rule change for this season:

"Handball before scoring

If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2204759#:~:text=Handball before scoring,to have been ruled out.

"Handball before scoring

If an attacking player’s accidental handball immediately precedes another player scoring, the goal will now be awarded, when last season it was likely to have been ruled out."

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2204759#:~:text=Handball before scoring,to have been ruled out.
But it would have been a penalty for the reckless challenge by the Turkish lad which upended Doherty. It was a high foot and no where near the ball.

"Handball before scoring

I think it’s why Robertson’s goal against us stood, earlier this season, in spite of Salah handling in the build up to the goal.

Just for the feel good factor in coming back to it and thinking about one of our best, our craziest wins, this thread is going to stay on Page 1 forever.

Innit?

By the way, don’t be shy, I know that I created an all time masterpiece with this OMT that could be season defining but please some else have the gonad*s to do the Chelsea OMT. I mean not like it’s tomorrow or anything FFS. This place is a shambles sometimes.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but you would have expected the team to celebrate the last-minute equalizer. Instead they grabbed the ball and raced back to the center of the pitch for the restart and to try and get a winner. I think that says a lot about the team mentality currently.

Unfortunately it’s 20+ years…. They should instead add ‘since ENIC came along’ (just adding that for @Lilbaz and @parklane1 :D) but I get your point.

Absolute scenes in the away end, that's what football is about. Pure joy for the fans, all that greed, money, media hype etc all forgotten for an unforgettable moment. Wish I'd been there - I'd love that type of story to tell my grandkids.

Unfortunately it’s 20+ years…. They should instead add ‘since ENIC came along’ (just adding that for @Lilbaz and @statlover1 :D) but I get your point.

30, no? '91 was the last time we won anything apart from the League Cup.

It' s been a long, long, long fall from where we once were in terms of trophies won compared to the others.

Having said that, Leicester fans are the most insufferable gobsh*tes on the planet, and the happiness from stuffing those roostery little gremlins the way we did will last for quite some time.

And as @paxtonwolf noted, even with ENIC's grinding parsimony f*cking us for 20 years running, we have about 10 times the number of trophies of the club formerly known as Leicester Fosse.

Back