• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City*** OMT

I havent seen Hojberg mention much, thought he had a good game last night

Goal saving tackle at 2-1, ball into Doherty, started the move for third

Agreed. He's gotten a lot of stick on here recently, most of it deserved, but he was immense last night particularly in the second half. That block was top class. Credit where it's due.

Thought the midfield trio, to a man, were excellent last night.

Agreed. He's gotten a lot of stick on here recently, most of it deserved, but he was immense last night particularly in the second half. That block was top class. Credit where it's due.

Thought the midfield trio, to a man, were excellent last night.

I agree, they were - I still think you need to replace them with a proper creative player in the long run.

I've had many good times away at Leicester but last night tops the lot. Was absolute pandemonium in there even just at the last gasp equaliser.... We hadn't actually stopped celebrating that when suddenly Bergwijn was through one on one. I have literally zero voice this morning (which is awkward as I've got a 90 minute investor update this afternoon).

We got what we deserved last night eventually, we were better than Leicester all over. Looks to me as though Conte has really been working with the team on its shape. It was noticeable that Davies and Tanganga were making sprints to get into the inside channels as soon as we won the ball. There were also moments when Sanchez would join the attack and one of the other back three and Hojbjerg would fill in. It was nice to see a Spurs team that fluid, though Leicester's zero press helped that a lot.

The other thing that was really noticeable was how closely Bergwijn played to Kane. I thought Conte's comments about Bergy being a second striker were a bit strange but having seen his cameo last night I now know why I'm in finance and Conte is an elite manager. Bergwijn's mixture of explosive pace, good touch and upper body strength make him a very good partner for a centre forward like Kane.

It seemed to take an age for his 2-3 shot to cross the line.... That whole run happened in slow motion for me in the stands, I was still convinced it was going to hit the post and come back out even after it had clearly gone in. I somehow ended up 2 rows forward from my seat after that goal and have no recollection of how I actually got there. What an end to a night where we played some very good football indeed. Let's hope that those 2 minutes are the ones that end up having secured us CL football come the end of the season!

Same here. Was sure that was coming back off the post, then wasnt sure it had crossed the line.

The 2 rows forward bit reminds me of the Dele goal in the last NLD at old WHL, I ended up 2 rows further down, my leg trapped between the seats and upside down. By the time I had been lifted back to my seat by several around me, we got awarded the Kane penalty. So I made sure it didnt happen again

In some ways even if we’d lost I had taken some comfort we’d gone from a team that could barley muster a shot against relegation fodder at home to one that outplayed a top half side, away from home missing several first teamers. A team as someone else had mentioned in the thread at the time was greater than the sum of its individual parts, which to be honest is almost the inverse of what Spurs teams have been about.
If we’d nicked this result after being dominated, whilst the euphoria of such a mugging is palpable it is a short term high that cannot be maintained. Last night we got evidence that the system is working and players who have been written off under previous managers (I think I’ve probably called for at least half that team to be sold or upgraded and I count myself in the more patient half of our fan base!) showed that they can contribute. Maybe because of their roles being defined, the tactics are not solely t absorb pressure and how for a front player to produce on the break or maybe because they are being drilled better.
There’s still a way to go and bigger challenges await, we were comprehensively outplayed by Chelsea but it just feels a long while since we really created as much as we did last night.
But the way we won will also help the belief that we aren’t predestined to be sexy.

This is our major problem, we miss too many chances, it sounds crazy when we have Kane but it's TRUE, many games where we have huffed and puffed could have been easy wins if we had got either the first or second goal.

This is our major problem, we miss to many chances, it sounds crazy when we have Kane but it's TRUE, many games where we have huffed and puffed could have been easy wins if we had got either the first or second goal.
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but I'm sure it's similar for most teams (and supporters!). Seems worse for us because Sonny and Kane have basically been elite finishers for the last however many seasons. I was especially happy to see Kane's far post shot go in (just!), as those are the ones that he used to score every time but have been going wide this season.

Last edited:
This is our major problem, we miss to many chances, it sounds crazy when we have Kane but it's TRUE, many games where we have huffed and puffed could have been easy wins if we had got either the first or second goal.
It’s become a recent problem, it wasn’t that long ago him and Son were taking very chance in games we were dominating.

Hopefully they’ll both come good again and we will introduce a third option to enable us to rotate them for both form and fitness.

Feels like an age since they’ve combined, perhaps exacerbated by commentators continually mentioning them being on the cusp of a Prem record for goal combos!!

For some reason I thought it was Tyler, as much as hate him it would have been interesting to have heard his live reaction to the finish late night!!

Wasn't it Alan Parry?

I know if I was commentating on Spurs, it'd be ridiculous but how he got away with that mystifies me. Beaten for unprofessionalism only by Carragher's "Mo Salah, you little dancer" when that diving clam didn't even score the winner against us last minute.

Edit Checked: It was both Alan Parry and Andy Gray on different broadcasts. Haha, the media do really hate us.

Parry (1 min 35):

Gray (9 min 40):

Last edited:
I'd imagine the Stalteri 4-3 versus the Pikeys was unbelievable too if you were lucky enough to be there. Sort of reinforces your point.
Yeah I was there for that one
City away
Didn’t go last night and gave my ticket away cos of work
Same with ajax away too

Just had a read of the Foxes Talk thread, and whilst it's very, very funny :) Have to say fair play that a lot of comments there said we deserved to win anyway and they kept giving us back the ball.

Seems a lot of them unhappy with Brenton which is also good to see :)

Back