• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley*** OMT

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
As we come in to a new dawn for the club, a new coming we will undergo a transformation akin to that of a werewolf, only this time, instead of being a creature of horror to all, we will live the tale of the 'ugly duckling' as we transform from a 'chicken badge' club in to a mighty badger, crowing so loudly that everyone will start to know who we truly are.

Don't get me wrong, yesterday was just the start. It was the platform, we have achieved nothing with this squad of players, but we will, it will happen, now is the time to believe, now is the time to act, going forward as a club to successes that will be told for many years afterwards.

We will move forwards collectively, climbing the steps until we reach the heights that Bill Nicholson famously referred to in his quote. We will reach those highs, but we can only do this by working together as one. So let's move forwards, let's shout our club name so loudly that no one will be able to ignore us. We are the mighty Tottenham Hotspur, now let's starting living up to that name!!

Burnley will not be an easy team to face, they provide a different challenge to that provided by Emirates Marketing Project. Burnley have been fighting to avoid relegation, and have recently shown improvement in their performances and form with a draw against Manchester United, and a comfortable victory yesterday against Brighton. Sean Dyche has Burnley set up to fight for every moment of action through the game. So we will need to be at it, we will need to display character, fight, and if we do so, and we can bring the quality that we have, then we can get the points. The match is there for us to win, let's go and get it done!! I know that our away supporters will give it all that they have, if the team can do so likewise, then this can be another glorious success.

So as we prepare to take on Burnley, here are the match details...

Fixture: Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur
Competition: Premier League
Date: 23rd February

Predicted Lineup

LLoris
Emerson Royale
Cristian Romero
Eric Dier
Ben Davies
Ryan Sessegnon
Rodrigo Bentancur
Pierre-Emile Hjojberg
Dejan Kulusevski
Harry Kane
Son Heung-Min

I think he'll rotate the wing backs, assuming Reggie is available, and might also bring Winks in in place of PEH

I think he'll rotate the wing backs, assuming Reggie is available, and might also bring Winks in in place of PEH
Can’t risk Peh two games on the spin
He always struggles playing mid week
Reggie in theory could be back
Be good to see some rotation

I based the predicted starting lineup to be same as yesterday due to wanting to keep with same players that achieved the result for us yesterday. It’s true that there could be, and likely will be, rotation but much of that will be based upon key data known by Conte, plus any tactical substitutions to maximise our chance of success.

As for pictures of badgers and custard…. Fill your custard boots, let’s have a whole art gallery full of them.

Also have Leeds at the weekend. A game where a similar approach to the City game (though with a bit more possession perhaps) would be good. Need good energy going into that Leeds game I think.

Hope to see some changes because of that and because Burnley pose more or less the opposite challenge to City.

Difficult to say exactly which players though. Doherty could be an interesting option I think. Reguilon probably depends on fitness after covid, Sessegnon again with Reguilon against Leeds would be fine imo.

Son and Kane will start, would be hard pressed to drop Kulusevski after the City game.

Midfield is probably the conundrum more than anything. Massive effort from both Bentancur and Hojbjerg, can we expect them to go again and again? With Skipp likely out I would like to see Winks back in for this one, but we'll see.

I think we're in for a change. Conte would have learnt a lot from the last three games and would want to avoid a loss by any means.

I forsee Reggie, Skipp and Moura for Sess, Hoj and Kane in the starting line up, for rotational reasons. A bit worrying when Kane went down with a knock to his back in his last game.

If anyone is offloading an unwanted ticket my son, Lucky Luke is desperate to go as he's just up the road in Lancaster. Please pm me if you do..... he'd really rather not stand with the Burnley fans again as he was for the cup game earlier this season. Cheers,

Cant afford to carry Winks away at Burnley, we need some creativity in the middle of the Park, or willing runners ... only change that I can personally see is Reguilon coming back into the fold.

Cant afford to carry Winks away at Burnley, we need some creativity in the middle of the Park, or willing runners ... only change that I can personally see is Reguilon coming back into the fold.
I’d say can we afford to carry Hojdjberg midweek again
His record for back to back quick games is awful
He had a very good game on Saturday but when asked to play B2B we have seen his legs don’t work

I’d say can we afford to carry Hojdjberg midweek again
His record for back to back quick games is awful
He had a very good game on Saturday but when asked to play B2B we have seen his legs don’t work

Skipp hasn't trained due to his infection. So don't think we have much choice.

Would stick with the same team other than Doherty (!) at RWB as Burnley are more likely to sit back.
Winks in for Hojbjerg wouldn't be a disaster if he needs a rest.

What's noticeable is how important Bentancur is to us already (and arguably Kulusevski although Moura is at least a like for like replacement)

A win here and we can start to build some confidence. COYS!!

Would stick with the same team other than Doherty (!) at RWB as Burnley are more likely to sit back.
Winks in for Hojbjerg wouldn't be a disaster if he needs a rest.

What's noticeable is how important Bentancur is to us already (and arguably Kulusevski although Moura is at least a like for like replacement)

A win here and we can start to build some confidence. COYS!!

Throwing in Doherty and Winks sounds depressing but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Conte does. Both have had the odd good game but still....
I assume we can't keep the same team from the City game again for both Burnley AND Leeds so might see one or two changes.

Back