• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v AEL Limassol UEFA Europa League Play Off****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the game online last night. The first half was one of the worst I have seen us play in a long long time. Players did not look interested, as if it was a friendly or something. I was shocked. Performances like this do not give me any confidence whatsoever for this season. Lamela made the difference when he came on, and that says it all really.....Paulinho = 0, Townsend = 0, Holtby = runs around like a headless chicken....defenders = not good enough... Bobby = nice finish, but other than that ? Lloris = we would have lost the game without him, for sure. This guy will without doubt save us from a lot of embarrassments this season. Fair play to Limassol, they played well, and we were very very very average/poor. We will have no chance against the other top team as they have and are buying big.......I see failure already and Levy will again pull the trigger come January/February....hope I’m wrong though .....

Big win. Solidificates our hold on 17th position in the UEFA Club Co-Efficients table.

Admit it, you've gotta love being 30 co-efficient placings higher than Liverpool. I'm off to taunt them with it.

I watched the game online last night. The first half was one of the worst I have seen us play in a long long time. Players did not look interested, as if it was a friendly or something. I was shocked. Performances like this do not give me any confidence whatsoever for this season. Lamela made the difference when he came on, and that says it all really.....Paulinho = 0, Townsend = 0, Holtby = runs around like a headless chicken....defenders = not good enough... Bobby = nice finish, but other than that ? Lloris = we would have lost the game without him, for sure. This guy will without doubt save us from a lot of embarrassments this season. Fair play to Limassol, they played well, and we were very very very average/poor. We will have no chance against the other top team as they have and are buying big.......I see failure already and Levy will again pull the trigger come January/February....hope I’m wrong though .....

Jesus christ, man, get a grip. It was one match, and I wholeheartedly disagree, we weren't that poor in the first half. Not great, granted, but not catastrophically bad. We've got a new coach, his system will take some time to implement. I don't think we're going to make the top 4 this year either, but hardly anyone expects us to do that this year. Top 6 though? No doubt.

Well I'd be fairly happy to put a bet down that Poch won't be sacked this season barring a flirt with relegation so happy to dismiss most of this as a chronic over-reaction.
We do still perhaps need a couple of players (although they won't be big marquee signings) and we need more proper match time for the new system to fully bed in. Poch wasn't an instant success in terms of the finer details of his style at Southampton even building on a team that had a good footballing pedigree under Atkins where as here he took over from the witless and the uninspiring.

2 wins out of 2 ....not fully functioning .... work in progress but no need to get the pills out though.

Big win. Solidificates our hold on 17th position in the UEFA Club Co-Efficients table.

Admit it, you've gotta love being 30 co-efficient placings higher than Liverpool. I'm off to taunt them with it.

It's even better than that :)

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2015.html

We're 15th they're 46th

Oh and West Ham are 117th along with Millwall Leyton Orient Dagenham and all the English clubs not ranked high enough to get an individual rating.

Last edited:
It's even better than that :)

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2015.html

We're 15th they're 46th

Oh and West Ham are 117th along with Millwall Leyton Orient Dagenham and all the English clubs not ranked high enough to get an individual rating.

We gained 1.5 points for that win in Cyprus. Noice. We need a good run in Europe this year since we drop the 24-plus points earned in that Champions League run in 2010 after this season ends.

We gained 1.5 points for that win in Cyprus. Noice. We need a good run in Europe this year since we drop the 24-plus points earned in that Champions League run in 2010 after this season ends.

Did we? The UEFA site doesn't show that and it say you get 1.5 points if your are eliminated at the playoff stage and each group stage win gets 2 points.

We will get at least 1.5 points just from participating in the play-off round (even if we'd lost in Cyprus). UEFA's website hasn't been updated to include the guaranteed minimum points.

At the end of last season we were 19th in the UEFA rankings. That is the position which determines our seeding for this year. At the end of this season I expect us to be competing for 20th spot with Lyon. That will be the position which determines our seeding for 2015/16 (if we're in Europe). Several teams just below us are in this year's CL and will probably earn more coefficient points than us. In 2015/16 (which determines seeding for 2016/17) we lose the points we earned during our CL season.

According to this http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method4/tcoef2015.html

We got 1.5 for the win, plus a bit extra for the country part.

I prefer this site to UEFA as I'm used to it, and also, I think but may be wrong, it updates faster than the UEFA site.

No we did not get 1.5 for the win. We are guaranteed to get at least 1.5 if we lose the playoff and that MIT be what the Dutch site is showing. If we get to the group stage we get a minimum of 2 points.

Him verts and paulinho. What else?

Didn't really notice him. He did somehow leave their right winger unmarked while simultaneously leaving a huge gap between himself and Vertonghen that Limassol exploited with a through ball. Lloris made a save I think.

I'd say Rose is a definite first choice for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back