• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

My understanding is that there were big penalty clauses on the contracts on the stadium. You'd assume that Mace (or their insurers) are bearing the brunt of these but the subby I have spoken to said that his firm was carrying a lot. They were late on site, so I would assume that they would try and fight any claim against them on those grounds.
That differs completely to what Levy said the THST but who knows...
actually ignore that. He said Mace were not on a fixed cost which I think is odd for a PM role
I still think it’s odd for the client to contract in the subbies and I’ve never seen that in 21 years but it’s the case here where all subbies are employed through THFC

That differs completely to what Levy said the THST but who knows...
actually ignore that. He said Mace were not on a fixed cost which I think is odd for a PM role
I still think it’s odd for the client to contract in the subbies and I’ve never seen that in 21 years but it’s the case here where all subbies are employed through THFC

I didn't know that, it is odd. Surely, you want your main contractor owning that relationship and carrying the can for fudge ups. As it was delicately put to me by a city law firm once, "one throat to choke".

Judging from the last couple of pages, looks like January might be iffy for the grand opening.

Think talksport had a poll of when the new ground will open, one of the options was ‘never’. You have to laugh and see the funny of side of it :D

I didn't know that, it is odd. Surely, you want your main contractor owning that relationship and carrying the can for fudge ups. As it was delicately put to me by a city law firm once, "one throat to choke".
100%

Honestly threw me

I half expected a call asking to help

It’s bizzare to say the least

Attachments

• D6279617-4049-4A72-8382-59F1323E205D.png
    D6279617-4049-4A72-8382-59F1323E205D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Judging from the last couple of pages, looks like January might be iffy for the grand opening.

Think talksport had a poll of when the new ground will open, one of the options was ‘never’. You have to laugh and see the funny of side of it :D

My honest guess is January vs United
Seems to have the right symmetry to it
There is so much work done now that was never anticipated to be done
It all comes down to the tests going on

My honest guess is January vs United
Seems to have the right symmetry to it
There is so much work done now that was never anticipated to be done
It all comes down to the tests going on

Assuming the tests go to plan, is the faulty wiring/electricals potentially going to delay the opening? Can the stadium still be habitable and funtion if the wiring issue is still unresolved?

Assuming the tests go to plan, is the faulty wiring/electricals potentially going to delay the opening? Can the stadium still be habitable and funtion if the wiring issue is still unresolved?

Not a chance
The wiring will be power and signal for the life safety systems
Unless you can demo they work you don’t get sign off for opening
I had a Tesco store once tha5 was due too open on a Monday and the lift call system wasn’t connecting. It meant the lift wasn’t legally operational so we couldn’t trade upstairs. We agreed with the building control that we would put a lift engineer on standby in the car park until it was operational and had a member of staff operate the lift with a walkie talkie ...

Imagin trying to do something like that for a 62000 capacity stadium where all the occupancy is over a 6 hour period

I’m just beginning to think it may be next season before we play there. I understand there’s a business element which dictates that we are in as soon as possible, but there is surely a presentational element too. If we get into February or March without things being ready, and all the test events having been held, then I wonder if the club will take the view that a launch at the start of a new season might be best.

I’m just beginning to think it may be next season before we play there. I understand there’s a business element which dictates that we are in as soon as possible, but there is surely a presentational element too. If we get into February or March without things being ready, and all the test events having been held, then I wonder if the club will take the view that a launch at the start of a new season might be best.
As long as it’s not the last two games of the season where the change might be disadvantageous I can’t see why we’d delay it. The sooner it is operational the sooner the naming rights become attractive, other events become possible and the income loss is stemmed. It will give the players a boost and the fans would be pretty grateful too! At digs about the delay will be forgotten when it is delivered but reputationally missing a whole season would seem a lot worse and mean either we don’t use it for something else in the off season or a different event becomes the first event held there!

If it takes a season it will mean it took that long to resolve the cause for delay (insert conspiracy theory about that always being the plan / project incompetence /rogue West Ham electrician’s here)

I can’t work out why they would lay the turf if they weren’t expecting it to be used soon

Grass is difficult to grow in winter periods and the use of expensive to run heat lamps would be wasted if we weren’t to play on it very soon

I can’t work out why they would lay the turf if they weren’t expecting it to be used soon

Grass is difficult to grow in winter periods and the use of expensive to run heat lamps would be wasted if we weren’t to play on it very soon

I suppose the longer it has to establish itself, the better?

Expensive heat lamps, in the long run, will be irrelevant if we have a pristine pitch to play on.

And, of course, those very heatlamps (and Im sure much more beside) are the reason it should do just fine over winter.

I suppose the longer it has to establish itself, the better?

Expensive heat lamps, in the long run, will be irrelevant if we have a pristine pitch to play on.

And, of course, those very heatlamps (and Im sure much more beside) are the reason it should do just fine over winter.
The heat lamps are 100% the reason it will do fine
Just seems odd not to wait if we didn't need to put it in now :0

Back