• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Something that caused 3/4 months delay only just picked up a few weeks before the first test event?

Much how we all take the tinkle out of leaks to the media, they have all been pretty spot on and called it weeks ago before the first announcement
No they didn’t at all!! The “leaks” were, to a man, saying that the ground was behind schedule, e.g. facade, seats, eating areas. Not one person mentioned the actual reason for the delay which turned out to be faulty wiring.

It’s a classic case of the outcome being right but for completely the wrong reason!

No they didn’t at all!! The “leaks” were, to a man, saying that the ground was behind schedule, e.g. facade, seats, eating areas. Not one person mentioned the actual reason for the delay which turned out to be faulty wiring.

It’s a classic case of the outcome being right but for completely the wrong reason!

True - but they were right about the delays and have been about the further delays.

I don't understand how it takes over 4 months to address. Presumably Mace were saying green light in August, and then wham 5, 6...maybe even 12 months more. I don't doubt it could happen, and don't think Levy was conning anyone. Just don't have any detail as to how "safty systems" take 6 to 12 months to fix or install.

@Bedfordspurs is probably best placed to comment on that. I would've thought that stripping out and refitting all of the cabling for the safety systems was a pretty big undertaking.

Being behind on those parts of the build might not have delayed us moving in either. It may have been possible to use the stadium whilst the external works were still ongoing.

Doesn't look good though does it. If, and it's a big if we don't play there this season then I won't be renewing my season ticket for the new stadium in 2019/20 season. They would have lost a ST in me for this big balls up and for also the lack of updates. It's all a big big fcuk up on Spurs' part here. Absolutely terrible PR from the club and have taken us fans for mugs along the way.

Doesn't look good though does it. If, and it's a big if we don't play there this season then I won't be renewing my season ticket for the new stadium in 2019/20 season. They would have lost a ST in me for this big balls up and for also the lack of updates. It's all a big big fcuk up on Spurs' part here. Absolutely terrible PR from the club and have taken us fans for mugs along the way.

I don't think the club has taken the fans for mugs. They have tried to build a stadium on an aggressive timetable. They ran into an unexpected problem. They have understandably been reluctant to make commitments in updates since. From what we have seen of the stadium lately, I'd expect the test events to be in Jan/Feb.

I don't understand how it takes over 4 months to address. Presumably Mace were saying green light in August, and then wham 5, 6...maybe even 12 months more. I don't doubt it could happen, and don't think Levy was conning anyone. Just don't have any detail as to how "safty systems" take 6 to 12 months to fix or install.

The longer it drags on the more likely it appears to me that the safety systems are where the fault lies - if there's an issue with the wiring in a build that is all but complete finding it and then putting it right becomes a massive job all by itself

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46171505

Tottenham stadium: Spurs granted extension to stay at Wembley

Tottenham have been given permission to continue playing their home matches at Wembley until their new stadium is ready - but at a reduced capacity.

Spurs were due to move into their new White Hart Lane stadium in September but the project has suffered a number of construction delays.

The club initially agreed to continue playing at Wembley until the end of the year.

They can now play there indefinitely but with a reduced capacity of 51,000.

The club's statement on the same

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/november/wembley-stadium-fixtures-update/

The longer it drags on the more likely it appears to me that the safety systems are where the fault lies - if there's an issue with the wiring in a build that is all but complete finding it and then putting it right becomes a massive job all by itself

As long as half of the build for the rest of the stadium!? All to find some dodgy wiring? Has to be more to it than that.

As long as half of the build for the rest of the stadium!? All to find some dodgy wiring? Has to be more to it than that.

Finding faults with wiring can be a long and arduous task by itself - especially on a build of this kind where you have many different systems that need to talk to one another, then once you've found the fault(s) you have to fix it and fixing faults in a build that is all but complete is going to be a painstaking process.

Finding faults with wiring can be a long and arduous task - especially in a build of this kind with many different systems that need to talk to one another, then once you've found the fault(s) you have to fix it and in a build that was all but complete that is going to be a long process

Presumably, some of that cabling isn't as accessible as when it first went in.

There must be miles on cabling in the stadium

Finding faults with wiring can be a long and arduous task - especially in a build of this kind with many different systems that need to talk to one another, then once you've found the fault(s) you have to fix it and in a build that was all but complete that is going to be a long process

Granted but even with the scale and difficulty, its not a 6 month job. If you throw people at it, and it's holding up the opening, you'd think it could be addressed within a few months.

My guess is it will open in Jan/Feb. Wembley news today is just a formality so Spurs don't lose 100,000 tickets from the 10 or so games that would otherwise be capped at 51k in the interim.

You don't know that, im an electrician and 6 months to put right a major wiring fault of a job that size doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Without knowing what exactly is the issue it's all guesswork really but certainly 6 months is not out of the realms of possibility were it a something serious

Edit: you have to remember also that it's not just the finding and fixing of any faults that is required but also how you gain access to work in the areas which are already 'finished' and then any making good works as a result.

Last edited:
Granted but even with the scale and difficulty, its not a 6 month job. If you throw people at it, and it's holding up the opening, you'd think it could be addressed within a few months.

My guess is it will open in Jan/Feb. Wembley news today is just a formality so Spurs don't lose 100,000 tickets of the 10 or so games that would be otherwise be capped at 51k at Wembley in the interim.

We have Christmas and New Year getting in the way of test events and moving between mid-December to early Jan.

You don't know that, im an electrician and 6 months to put right a major wiring fault of a job that size doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Without knowing what exactly is the issue it's all guesswork really but certainly 6 months is not out of the realms of possibility were it a something serious

What might a seismic electrical issue be? Presumably not all the cabeling is wrong, so it could be replacing sections of wiring? What else?

Back