• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Here is a picture from the Allianz Arena, which i believe is a safe standing area even though the rails are much lower than in the example above.

You can see each section of rail covers approx 3 seats like our example.

allianzarena6.JPG

Don't think that's safe standing mate:

a. It's right at the to[ of the stadium.
b. The rake is incredibly steep (34 degrees according to the blurb I've seen)
c. Those rails aren't going to stop anyone falling forward, they're knee height, They're to presumablyy to keep people from kickingg the guy in front in the back, though don't think they'll work on that score either.
d. there's no locking system.

Don't think that's safe standing mate:

a. It's right at the to[ of the stadium.
b. The rake is incredibly steep (34 degrees according to the blurb I've seen)
c. Those rails aren't going to stop anyone falling forward, they're knee height, They're to presumablyy to keep people from kickingg the guy in front in the back, though don't think they'll work on that score either.
d. there's no locking system.
Don't think those seats in the picture are meant to be in a final location - they were just temporarily installed for a few photos in the first area of the ground which had terracing - rails a lot higher than knee height and also you van see that the rail is set back a few inches from the seat up the uprights so is closer to the row behind than as first appears

Don't think those seats in the picture are meant to be in a final location - they were just temporarily installed for a few photos in the first area of the ground which had terracing - rails a lot higher than knee height and also you van see that the rail is set back a few inches from the seat up the uprights so is closer to the row behind than as first appears

I was referring to the seats in the Allianz Arena as pictured, not the NWHL ones.

:mad:Great response from the government. Just say no and probably didn’t even look into it. That’s what you get when you have a woman making the decisions for Sport in the UK.

Although, Just checked and Tracey Crouch appears to be a spurs fan...

:mad:Great response from the government. Just say no and probably didn’t even look into it. That’s what you get when you have a woman making the decisions for Sport in the UK.

Although, Just checked and Tracey Crouch appears to be a spurs fan...

wants us to lead the way

PS - Weren't Hillsborough families visiting a standing area a few weeks back?

It will take a very brave politician to change this. Any incident after the change would be blamed on them whereas they get no blame for maintaining the status quo. There are also very few votes in it.

It will take a very brave politician to change this. Any incident after the change would be blamed on them whereas they get no blame for maintaining the status quo. There are also very few votes in it.

I wonder if there will be a legal challenge. Discrimination or anti-competition or something

tickle my balls with a feather and I cant say I blame them. None of them are football fans so they see no upside to it and the risk if something went wrong is massive. We have seen with England fans in Holland and Liverpool fans attacking the Emirates Marketing Project bus in the last month that English football still has a large scumbag element.

The elephant in the room of course is the fact that at every ground there is probably somewhere around 15%-20% of the ground that stands anyway. It’s clear for everyone to see on tv even if you’ve never been to a game, yet officially it doesn’t happen. And it’s not - technically - ‘safe’ when a goal is scored, although it’s usually a few bumps and bruises that might be sufferered rather than anything too serious. Yet for many it’s fundamental to their enjoyment of attending football. (Personally I much prefer standing).

However, no club can officially say “well,we have standing anyway in an uncontrolled environment, so safe standing rail seating would actually be an improvement on the current situation,” because they would be in breach of their safety licence and would be breaking the law by not enforcing sitting down.
Therefore it’s easy for politicians to brush the subject aside - why change an all-seater rule that appears to be working fine? It will take something major to happen (eg a crush, someone toppling from an upper tier) for it to be looked at seriously - and even when that ‘something’ happens, it will be the fault of the fans and the club in question - and it will be said that football fans can’t be trusted to stand. Vicious circle.

The elephant in the room of course is the fact that at every ground there is probably somewhere around 15%-20% of the ground that stands anyway. It’s clear for everyone to see on tv even if you’ve never been to a game, yet officially it doesn’t happen. And it’s not - technically - ‘safe’ when a goal is scored, although it’s usually a few bumps and bruises that might be sufferered rather than anything too serious. Yet for many it’s fundamental to their enjoyment of attending football. (Personally I much prefer standing).

However, no club can officially say “well,we have standing anyway in an uncontrolled environment, so safe standing rail seating would actually be an improvement on the current situation,” because they would be in breach of their safety licence and would be breaking the law by not enforcing sitting down.
Therefore it’s easy for politicians to brush the subject aside - why change an all-seater rule that appears to be working fine? It will take something major to happen (eg a crush, someone toppling from an upper tier) for it to be looked at seriously - and even when that ‘something’ happens, it will be the fault of the fans and the club in question - and it will be said that football fans can’t be trusted to stand. Vicious circle.

You are right, anything that happened now would be blamed on the club.

Anyone pitching introducing safe standing to a minister is going to have to set out the risks and benefits. The risks might be very remote but they are potentially career ending. The political benefits are also very small. Why would they agree to the change?

You are right, anything that happened now would be blamed on the club.

Anyone pitching introducing safe standing to a minister is going to have to set out the risks and benefits. The risks might be very remote but they are potentially career ending. The political benefits are also very small. Why would they agree to the change?
It’s time to stand up and be counted!!!!

Ok, I’ll get my coat

Liverpool fans already voted 88%-12% in favour of it, so they've dropped their opposition
It's not a majority thing, it's the very, very, very shouty few that apparently believe allowing people to not think about Hillsborough for even a few seconds is somehow besmirching the memory of the dead and being every but as bad as those who killed them.

Back