1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 12 Feb 2013.

1. johnola

johnola Andy Sinton

I thought there would be an effective increase in capacity with safe standing, so more ticket sales - if that is true(?) do ST holders get any rebates?

2. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Steffen Iversen

There is no increase in capacity as far as I am aware.
    The criteria for getting this test licence, as per the announcement, includes "There must also be one seat/space per person." and "The seats cannot be locked in the ‘up’ or ‘down’ position, allowing fans the option of being able to sit (for example, during breaks in play)."
    Whether that ever changes in the future remains to be seen but I doubt it would.

DubaiSpur and johnola like this.
  3. MKSpur

MKSpur Steffen Iversen

I took my seat in the knowledge it would be a standing seat, which it unofficially was before this announcement. I guess they’ll be a minimum age associated with these seats though and they can’t be sold / transferred to juniors. I might be on the look out for a potential swap for a pair of ‘seats’ elsewhere for a pair in the South next year as my 8 year old has been bugging me to take him!

johnola and Bullet like this.
  4. Sandman

Sandman Young-Pyo Lee

Does anyone know the Standing area? I am assuming from seeing the rails when I have been to the new stadium its the lower Park Lane Area. And only that area? They pretty much try to stand up all game anyway.

5. MKSpur

MKSpur Steffen Iversen

Yep it’s south lower and annoyingly some of the away fans section.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...as-offer-new-concept-in-safe-standing-debate/

“Areas at the front of the stadium’s new 17,500 capacity single-tier South Stand, as well as in the visiting supporters’ section, have been future-proofed for safe standing – both are areas where the Club had issues with persistent standing when at its former White Hart Lane home.”

edit. And the split is 5k home 2.5k away!!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ert-to-safe-standing-within-an-hour-vc5hfpmsl

A total of 7,500 seats in Tottenham’s new stadium — 5,000 in the home end and 2,500 in the section reserved for away fans — have been designated “safe seating”, which could be converted to standing.

6. Sandman

Sandman Young-Pyo Lee

that is a weird percentage I have to say. why give the away fans so much. I see what they are getting at with it being the home parts that perennially stand anyway and the away fans. But I was hoping that lower area might hold more than that.

MKSpur likes this.
  7. mephitis

mephitis Neil Ruddock

That was all part of the Licensing agreement wasn't it? You have to provide standing for away fans. At Wolves they've put rails in the South Bank (home) and in the corner of the North Stand (or whatever it's called) presumably for away fans. Should make the atmosphere better anyway. Don't like the way you're spread out in a long thin line the length of the pitch at Molyneux.

To be honest I can't remember the last time I sat down at a match (home or away) anyway :)

Bullet likes this.
  8. MKSpur

MKSpur Steffen Iversen

£30 quid, brand new facilities, now you get to officially stand up and a very reasonable chance of winning, no wonder our new stadium is so popular with away fans!

9. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Paul Stalteri

The old Johnny Giles still playing up?

10. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Steffen Iversen

John Babbs our stadium manager was on the radio this morning speaking about the safe standing pilot. Interestingly, he said that Tottenham have been managing safe standing successfully ever since the new stadium opened, in the areas where they have the rail seating. He was questioned about how this could be the case, and said the change now was just having what has always been happening covered by legislation. All true of course, but I was a bit surprised at us being so open about it. Especially given the constant mantra about (persistent) standing not being permitted.

I wonder now if the club will have to come down harder still on areas without rail seating where the crowd still stands, given the scrutiny there is going to be on the official standing areas?

11. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Jimmy McCormick

I can't remember the last time I sat down at an away game...so little changed really, except at some grounds you can now 'officially' do it.

12. mephitis

mephitis Neil Ruddock

South Stand's gonna be a bit of an issue (area of conflict) that being the case.

13. DubaiSpur

DubaiSpur Les Ferdinand

If I recall correctly, wasn't the entire South Stand potentially envisioned as a safe standing space eventually? Of course this is just a pilot, but I'd hope that, long term, that stand is converted into a safe standing space and a conscious effort made to ensure that groups like 1882 et al are concentrated there to provide the most noise.

'Safe standing' here meaning optional standing, of course - it isn't like anything would change in terms of infrastructure or capacity, just enforcement of persistent standing.

14. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jürgen Klinsmann

No
    Only certain parts are safe standing designed
    The 1882 is the prawn sandwich section now

DubaiSpur likes this.
  15. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Can't imagine safe standing at the top of the south is very safe. It is very steep up there.

16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jürgen Klinsmann

It stops at row 28 IIRC

17. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Luka Modric

18. Notmegov

Notmegov Roman Pavlyuchenko

19. Notmegov

Notmegov Roman Pavlyuchenko

Turns out they are picking germinated grass seed from the astro turf

20. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Christian Ziege

Its been a long time coming, but finally got to book my dare walk with the vouchers my wife got me last Christmas.
    Sunday 1st of may.
    Assuming it doesn't change, we have Leicester that weekend at the lane, so hopefully i can take the game in as well, maybe even a stadium tour.

P.D. and JerusalemMan like this.