• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Not stadium related but this is a good article that came out today on the importance of the pitch itself - https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ource=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=longread_email

I believe we spent a lot of money on our pitch team, infact I think we sold our spare turf to Leeds for 300K last season.

Excellent! Thanks very much for posting...it underscores some theories I had about our first season at Wembley. I walked on the pitch at the old Lane a lot, and it was very very fast.

8,000 is a decent number I think.... It is a shame that some on here didn't take the 5 minutes to complete the survey instead of the hour plus they've spent moaning about it.
Yep, typically in market research you only need about 1,000 to make it statistically significant.

Always been amazed how long he's held off with the naming rights. THe duration will be interesting - wonder whether it'll be short-term (5 yrs?) in the belief that at that point the team will be in a btter position and rights worth more

Always been amazed how long he's held off with the naming rights. THe duration will be interesting - wonder whether it'll be short-term (5 yrs?) in the belief that at that point the team will be in a btter position and rights worth more

Only answer that ever made sense is they were expecting a NFL tie in ..

I know they are not a good yardstick, but wham still don't have a stadium sponsor do they? With online targeted adverts supposedly pinpointing the right people, the fashions and ways of promoting changed. But I think it will change back again to some extent. Increasing digital privacy, as well as companies understanding that a lot of so-called targeted adverts are not as pinpoint as they once thought...these big-ticket promo statements might come back around.

Anyone care to guesstimate how many people you reach as a stadium sponsor? With NFL games too, it is putting your name out to millions upon millions over a number of years.

I know they are not a good yardstick, but wham still don't have a stadium sponsor do they? With online targeted adverts supposedly pinpointing the right people, the fashions and ways of promoting changed. But I think it will change back again to some extent. Increasing digital privacy, as well as companies understanding that a lot of so-called targeted adverts are not as pinpoint as they once thought...these big-ticket promo statements might come back around.

Anyone care to guesstimate how many people you reach as a stadium sponsor? With NFL games too, it is putting your name out to millions upon millions over a number of years.
West Ham don't have a stadium.

I know they are not a good yardstick, but wham still don't have a stadium sponsor do they?

It isn't their stadium, no? I understand the LLDC is in charge of securing a naming rights deal, so West Ham don't have all that much say in the matter - although as primary tenants, I'd imagine they get some input.

Always thought the right time to secure naming rights was when we were in the CL final, strike while iron is hot and all that but we will see.

Only answer that ever made sense is they were expecting a NFL tie in ..
From noises around the industry it is because we were looking for far too much money (£25m a season apparently). I think now we have brought in an expert to secure a naming rights partner we are likely to be more realistic with our expectations. If and when we do a deal it will be interesting to see whether or not the number is revealed as that will tell us how much revenue we are likely to have lost due to the initial unrealistic price we put on this revenue stream (or perhaps I'm wrong and the number will be very big and show that the chairman was right to set such a high price and hold out for it).

From noises around the industry it is because we were looking for far too much money (£25m a season apparently). I think now we have brought in an expert to secure a naming rights partner we are likely to be more realistic with our expectations. If and when we do a deal it will be interesting to see whether or not the number is revealed as that will tell us how much revenue we are likely to have lost due to the initial unrealistic price we put on this revenue stream (or perhaps I'm wrong and the number will be very big and show that the chairman was right to set such a high price and hold out for it).

Or perhaps you were wrong and the club would have accepted less. But there weren’t any takers. Wonder what the reasons for the Olympic Stadium not getting a sponsor are.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Back