• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Tottenham to welcome 200 fans back to stadium for screening of Burnley away game

Tottenham will on Monday evening welcome supporters back to their stadium for the first time since March, amid calls from Jose Mourinho for the return of fans.

The club will host a socially-distanced screening of tonight’s Premier League match at Burnley for around 200 executive members in the West Stand hospitality areas.

Tickets for the event were available at a first-come-first-served basis and priced at £39 per person and Spurs said the event would be used to test their Covid-secure protocols, including a new digital ticketing system, ahead of the proper return of fans.T

The club is determined to do everything in its power to help fans get back in our stadiums as soon as possible,” Spurs said in an email to members. “As such, we will be using this event as an opportunity to test a number of Covid compliant protocols we plan to use for future matchdays.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-news-fans-watch-burnley-stadium-a4572963.html

Absolutely pettiness. Using a loophole to let 200 people sit in corporate boxes to watch the game on the TV.
Levy going full on "what about cinemas"

Do you think he is doing it for the 8k income generated?

He is using a loophole to prove a point that "the rules are ridiculous"

Sorry, I am clearly having one of my denser moments, but aren't we just doing what several clubs have been doing over the past couple of weeks?
I don't know whether it is exploiting a loophole, or whether we've had to get permission to do it or whether our operating licence would already cover private screenings? Either way I can't see that Levy is being petty, but rather demonstrating, albeit on a very small scale, that we have systems and procedures in place that can be scaled up as and when permitted.
Apologies if I am misunderstanding your point.

Sorry, I am clearly having one of my denser moments, but aren't we just doing what several clubs have been doing over the past couple of weeks?
I don't know whether it is exploiting a loophole, or whether we've had to get permission to do it or whether our operating licence would already cover private screenings? Either way I can't see that Levy is being petty, but rather demonstrating, albeit on a very small scale, that we have systems and procedures in place that can be scaled up as and when permitted.
Apologies if I am misunderstanding your point.
No your right
Quite a few clubs have done it

The club allowing a small number of supporters to use it's facilities to watch a football match is one of the strangest things i have seen a poster on here take exception to i have to say

You are completely ignoring the context of 150 people dying from Covid every day and a record number of new cases.

Back